Higgidy Employee Reviews

good place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  shoreham by sea20 October 2014
In higgidy we are producing pies. I was responsible for fillings and hot cooking stews. Shift time was 12 hours so in this period of time we had a production and quality targets which was the most important for us. I learned a leadership skills know how to develop my and my team skills. Our management staff was very open and allways try to help me when problem was started. Co- operation in the team was something which we based on especially in preparation team. The hardest part of the job was during promotion time take orders on time and was very stressfull specially for TL. The most enjoy thing was that when your supervisor comming to you and say "good job"
Pros
free pies
Cons
good growing company to work for
Software Consultant - Contract (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea1 July 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Higgidy as a contractor on their IT systems which were burgeoning at the time trying to integrate with Sage production, no easy feat.
Pros
free sausage rolls, easy going, nice people
Cons
office too hot, too cold, noisy with production nearby
fun at work
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea4 April 2016
always have to fun at work
doing the job properly and have fun at work making may boss happy of my work and always evry day is different working area that making more fun at work and never get bored at work
to be honest there is no part hard at work
seems like a big family works together making everybody not feeling tired or bored by keeping the smile on the lips always
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex1 October 2017
Im very happy to work there, people are nice job is not hard, you can take a lot of experience there, job is easy and I really like to work there.....
Productive, continuously learning and adapting to an ever changing environment..
Development chef (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, ENG6 January 2016
The day consisted mainly of this list below:
Plan Schedule for the day with the Development team.
Make samples to send out to prospective customers.
Make and send off samples to go to the Lab for Nutritionals & Shelf life testing,
Do Organoleptic testing on new products going forwards.
Review new Concepts and Bench Mark with competitors products.
Keep detailed records of all changes on excel.
Liaise with production and management to run pre-production trials.
Order and test new ingredients and review with the technical department for approval.
The list is probably exhaustive.
It is a very competitive environment to work in, which kept you working hard, but everyone pulled together as a team when there were tight deadlines.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the ever changing skills and Knowledge required to maintain the quality of work and adhere to changing policies for working in a Low and High Risk environment.
Due to working in a small team we were not always working together. So the most enjoyable moments were probably when we were able to work as a team and able to communicate more, which seemed more efficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Higgidy. Our community is ready to answer.