HGV Class Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun to work in
1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Scotland1 February 2018
- fun and easy to manage
- learning to manage customers and colleague
- work culture is friendly
- hardest part of the job road concentration concern
- the most enjoyable part is the long distance drives
Easy job
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff17 January 2018
Good pay at this company, hours could be long and a lot of time away from home. All in all though a decent company, the boss could sometimes shout alot
Pros
Decent pay
Productive and Fun
Driver (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom15 January 2018
Good Job, Good Pay, Good Environment.

Good Company to work for, Good Team mates, Productive environment and place to be. Team works well together and gels well.
Nice working atmosphere, treated with respect.
Driver (Former Employee) –  UK12 September 2017
This Company was good to work for and I would not have left if I had a choice. Unfortunately I have been made redundant.

The management team always treated me with respect and courtesy, which is rare in the transport industry.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Redundant
Good to Start with
2 Tipper Driver, D&G McKenna's (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester30 August 2017
Good company to start your HGV driving career, I enjoyed it to begin with but the hours got a bit too much, especially in the summer time. Great colleagues.
Great employer
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire28 July 2017
good employer with good benefits and packages. good working times and flexibility around shifts. good work life balance and great team to work with......
Easy job Lots of KMS
Night shift driver on Howdens contract (Current Employee) –  Appleton Thorn, Cheshire20 June 2017
Trunking stock around the country. Some new B roads .Not interested only profit first. Sickness. Night driving doing over 3000 KMS a week. Saturday morning when i get two nights off.
Pros
Job and finish
Cons
Average 620 kms a shift
Friendly working environment.
Part time class 1 driver (Current Employee) –  Selby11 June 2017
The cohesiveness within the company is underpinned by its culture, which represents a true direction of travel in the long term. However, areas of employees' involvement could be improved.
Pros
Allowances
Very sad company
hi-lift driver hgv class 2 (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London6 May 2017
Management dump and greedy.Nothing to be happy off.this place is more like prison than work place and I do not recommend it to nobody specially to HGV drivers.
company with low pay rates
Container driver (Former Employee) –  Wincanton, UK19 March 2017
i get a great experiance on container work, but i move in another city so thats why i leave my last job.so i am looking now a day shift driver job in Sheffied. i can work with all kind of trucks.
Pentalver
Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire8 March 2017
Iam was working night shifts,i was transporting containers to docks and back.good salary for drivers,good team,safety was on high standard,i learned entry to docks and paperwork what i should done
Pros
free breaks
Cons
Great Staff and company to work for
Driver - Timber & Road Haulage (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, UK25 February 2017
Staff are fantastic to work for and with, very supportive when needed.

Variety of jobs to do, various locations driving to around the UK
poorly managed by poorly trained staff with a poor attitude
hgv class 2 delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Ystradgynlais, Powys5 February 2017
managment staff are rude to employess aswell as customers, frequently lying to customers about delivery times making the driver look bad, stock control was poorly executed, bad working enviroment unsafe practices and unsafe vehicles.
All different types of workplaces. Good interaction between staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Trafford3 February 2017
All jobs I gained good work experience especially when managing the properties in Stalybridge and Ashton-under-Lyne as the job involved various skills and problem solving I enjoyed the interaction with Tenants and helping them with their queries.
Pros
Being given the opportunity to manage so increasing my confidence and knowledge
Cons
Long unsocial hours
HGV Driver willing to do weekend working in my car as well as drive class 2
edg group (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex22 January 2017
an early start between 5-7 am i have to load and sort my route out for the day and the jobs are all over the home counties and london
Hgv class 1
Hgv class1 (Former Employee) –  Bradford4 January 2017
Everything perfect so far so good. I do tramping job delevering parcels across the UK. It contains long hours and sometimes short hours. Really enjoyed the job because I have been in different places and acquired different skills as well.
Pros
Daily lunch allowance
ok
Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Kettering8 October 2016
It is a great job ,all time you learn something new ,it is the big opportunity for any man who don t have another skills. You need to be all time on focus and i like this job very much.
Good employer
Driver (Former Employee) –  Earls Barton5 July 2016
Would work there again. Laid back bunch in the office. Just get on with your job as I do, and its all smiles. Lads are a good bunch too
Pros
Nice bunch of people
various driving jobs
Driver (Former Employee) –  UK31 May 2016
worked for various companies driving a variety of vehicles and doing a variety of different jobs from general haulage, tankers, containers,fridges, curtain siders tilts
Good team to work for
Driver - BFP Wholesale, Good Hope Close (Former Employee) –  Normanton3 May 2016
I enjoyed working at my last company. The working conditions were good, and my co-workers all worked as a team. The hardest part of job was sometimes working long hours but the company had bonus scheme in place and the hourly rate was good.
Pros
Bonus and pension scheme