Hft Employee Reviews

Management terrible bullies
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Lancs22 January 2019
Awful evasive uncaring management operating a bully culture.
Very keen to get rid of anyone highlighting internal wrongs.
Strongly regret having anything to do with this company, - ignore its fake response
Pros
Supporting vulnerable people to get on with their lives
Cons
The way the company forcefully covers up its wrongs and bully culture
24 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Hft. We really do take feedback from staff seriously, so please do contact our HR team at Central Support in Bristol, so that we can investigate the issues you've mentioned - everyone should be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace.

The team can be reached on 0117 906 1700. Hope to hear from you soon.

Fantastic Place to work
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire10 January 2019
I have worked for HFT for a number of years. They are a fantastic company to work for with great job prospects. I started as a support worker and have completed a couple of development programmes which were very enjoyable. The training package received by the company is the best I have ever known with very extensive training for both E-Learning and Face to Face.
The management team are very supportive with staff and make them feel valued.at all times. They encourage staff to develop in any way they wish to and give support throughout.
We support a variety a disabilities which makes the job role very interesting, no two days are the same.
Although the hourly rate of pay may seem low there is an opportunity to increase this by completing sleep in duties and overtime.
Pros
Excellent training package, full support through induction, good A/L entitlement
Cons
training can appear overwhelming, however we have a strong support network in place to support new inductees through this.
Staff are nice to work with and the Tennants are nice aswell
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside30 July 2018
I support Tennants with learning Disabilities. I have learned alot about people with Learning disabilities. I have learned alot that the management are just not very good. Their communication with staff is aweful. Their communication with tennenats is aweful. I love the house I work in the tennants are really good to work for. The staff that work in the house with me are really nice aswell we all get on really well. The hardest part of the job is the salary. The company are one of the worst companies for salary. The very basis minimum wage for what we do and very low pay for sleepin shifts. It was quite good for a while as we were getting extra pay ontop of sleepin pay but this has now stopped. Also having to tell the Tennants that a memeber of staff they are used to and like have been moved to a different house without warning. The tennenats are not informed of this and they are upset by it. That is hard on the staff aswell. The most enjoyable part is. Taking the clients out. Doing activities with them. Spending time with them on a daily basis.
Pros
Great tennants. Great staff
Cons
Rubbish pay bad management
Wost place I've ever worked.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire15 October 2018
Many experienced staff have left. Staff levels have been cut to a potentially dangerous level. Management promote an Us and Them attitude by not listening to staffs concerns, and treating staff as the lowest of the low. There is no support from management All Senior Staff have been off work with stress. Pay is low. Payroll is a joke. Everyone has been under or overpaid
The only likeable part of the job is the people who are supported. I imagine many will move as their families are becoming increasingly unhappy. They are also being ignored by management.
5 November 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Hft. We take feedback from staff seriously, and you’ve raised a number of concerns that we’d very much like to talk with you about, so please could you contact our charity’s HR team at Central Support in Bristol, so that we can explore the points you’ve raised? You can call them on 0117 9061700.

Why I work for HFT
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 January 2019
I started working for HFT in January 2018. I had been off sick for 13 years and this was the first post I applied for and got. I had been in the care of the elderly for 18 years before being ill. I was so pleased I got the job I had wanted to work in this environment for years. I have a son with learning disabilities and wanted to put something back.
I have now gained the Care Certificate as a result and everyone has made me feel so welcome. I work at 2 units and it is very varied . Feeling as though I can help someone to live their lives better it makes me feel good too. It has improved my self esteem no end.
I think the hardest part of the job is hoping you have made the right decision on behalf of the people I support. The most enjoyable part is seeing someone looking happy and enjoying their life.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Lack of communication at times
Very dependent on staff team working with
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sussex12 July 2018
Training excellent - Inhouse and online.
Very good feel good factor - making a difference in someones life
If happy to work long hours for not much money
Pros
making a difference
Cons
Salary very poor
Do not look after their employees
SW (Former Employee) –  Cornwall13 September 2018
Good for the clients, But they dont care about staff, no enhancments, very poor pay, they would rather pay agency double than pay their own staff members a decent wage. Do not work here!!!!
Pros
clients and staff members
Cons
bad pay and management
5 November 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Hft. We take feedback from staff seriously, and you’ve raised concerns that we’d very much like to talk with you about, so please could you contact our charity’s HR team at Central Support in Bristol, so that we can explore the points you’ve raised? You can call them on 0117 9061700.

Poor employee support
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex17 July 2018
HFT Do wonderful things for the individuals they support with disabilities however their staff suppport is seriously lacking. Organisation from management is often very poor and leaves staff having to take on responsibilities that are well above their paygrade and putting themselves into vulnerable positions with no back up. The job itself is rewarding it’s just a shame management do not support their staff.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Poor management
Poorly run and managed
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stroud3 September 2018
There is little to no support from management, you have huge responsibility for very little pay and the organisation as a whole is mismanaged and seems to run on getting maximum profit rather than for the benefit of its service users.
Pros
People we support are lovely
Cons
Poor management
5 November 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Hft. We take feedback from staff seriously, so it'd be helpful if you could contact our charity’s HR team at Central Support in Bristol, to explore the points you’ve raised further. They can be contacted on 0117 9061700.

Receptionist Administrator
Part time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 January 2019
• Working on a busy reception demonstrating a first class and professional image
• Managing the switchboard, transferring calls and taking messages
• Supporting the back-office administration team on various tasks
• Liaising with project managers and forwarding messages to site personnel
Support Worker
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  West Sussex23 November 2018
I have been given the opportunity to work alongside and support some of the most amazing characters. I have also gained my LD qualification, NVQ 2 & 3 in health & Social care and End of Life qualification.
Pros
Working alongside some wonderful characters with Learning difficulties
Cons
Communication breakdown poor
28 November 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review Hft. We take feedback from staff seriously, so please could you contact our HR team at Central Support in Bristol, so that we can find out more about the communication issues you've mentioned? They can be reached on 0117 906 1700.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Not much support from management but other workers excellent
Tutor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 August 2018
The job was only meant to be for a year max and depended on numbers of student which i had no control over. It was left pretty much to me to design the content of the course and to make it relevant and enjoyable to the students who were of various ages and abilities.The materials were very basic and I sourced quite a few things myself.
I learned more about people with special needs and hoiw the learn and interact.
Pros
I had very good support worker helping with students personal care.
Cons
Some students had challenging behaviour others lacked motivation.
Brilliant Management
Administration Assistant/Recruitment Lead (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 July 2018
Supportive company, some of the loveliest people I have ever worked with. The Management team is highly understanding and the moral of the company is good.
Pros
Amazing Managment
Management weren't too helpful
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Shefford, Bedfordshire14 June 2018
No days were the same. Was a lovely work place until problems arose with the management and other members of staff.

I would have stayed working here, but rules were broken on a daily basis, which I did not like.
Bad management avoid this company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire19 February 2018
Terrible company with terrible management. They don’t care about their workers and encourage whistleblowing but then do nothing about the issues. Favouritism to sneaky tale telling staff although they’re the instigator. Never enough staff to cover all the shifts as there is a high turnover of staff due to the way workers are treated so constantly nagged to do extra shifts with no thanks. Bullying is rife and again nothing gets done unless you’re a suck up and troublemaker. Avoid this place at all costs!!!
Pros
Cons
Bad managers
Supporting adults
Living Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol17 December 2017
Supporting adults with ld. Varied work can be fun . Little support from management or opportunity to progress.
More demands with paperwork and other tasks being put on support workers . No management support
Pros
Supporting people to achieve their goals
Cons
Shift work poor support from management little chance of promotion
Good company and really rewarding to see progress of people we support
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Hft Bedfordshire8 March 2018
Worked for the company for several years. Good company and really rewarding. Management are helpful although they can be busy but always available when you need them.

Would recommend working for hft.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Opportunities to progress are good if you want them.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne15 May 2018
One of the better places I have worked in the care industry.
You may be asked to do more hours than you would like and need to be assertive as to how many hours you are willing to do.
Each area has different rota system which can be confusing.
Mostly young adult services (20-64).
Competent managers in the areas I have worked.
Pros
Good managers.
Cons
Sometimes difficult to get right staff to meet needs.
Brilliant Company to Work For
Registered Cluster Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 July 2017
Hft are a great company to work for. There is a strong, positive culture across the team and a very strong sense of teamwork, development is encouraged and supported at all levels and management are supportive to all staff. The training available far surpasses what is provided by the majority of other companies. Above all, the team all share a common goal - to provide the best support and opportunities for the people we support.
Pros
Development Opportunities, Support, Training.
Rewarding Job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, ENG6 January 2014
– Working with adults with a range of learning difficulties across several different services and sites.
– Help in the management of complex or sensitive issues, e.g. challenging behaviour, personal relationships. Where necessary, by offering support, advice and encouragement to supported people.
– Provide and assist the individuals in all aspects of personal care needs as required by their condition, culture and wishes, with sensitivity, respect and dignity.
– Encourage and support the personal, social, occupational and leisure development.
– To carry out key working duties, to offer opportunity of experiences and promote equality for people we support.
– Complete, file and communicate relevant and accurate records and maintain the confidentiality of information.
– Administering of Medication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hft. Our community is ready to answer.