Play YouTube video button

Hft Employee Reviews

United Kingdom119 reviews
Featured review
Hft selected this as a representative review
Excellent Company to work for
Working with HFT gave me so many opportunities especially with upskilling my education, I have gained more qualifications with HFT, than what I did whilst at school.
The opportunities to progress within the company was amazing.

Working with the PWS and the members of staff were very rewarding and no same day was ever the same
6 December 2019
Thanks for the review - great to hear that you got so much out of our training and career progression programme - and that you enjoyed working here!
Only stayed for the people we suppoted
Loved my Job I would have retired doing this job as the thrill of seeing people we support fulfil their goals and ambitions made it worth while. I had a lot of professional on-site and off site training to be able to be the best support worker
Company closing down end of May
Rewarding
Alot of culture issues with other members of staff can be the case as the management are separated to an office. Which means staff can get big headed taking control in supported housing and cause friction. Other than that the actual job is great, can be fun and rewarding.
20 May 2020
Really glad to hear that you enjoyed your role and found the work rewarding, though if you'd like to talk more with us about the culture issues you've mentioned, please do give us a call. Thanks very much for the review.
Great Team Work - Proud To Work at Hft
Hft is a great charity to work for. There is great team work from the support workers, management and admin, especially during this pandemic. The culture is ensuring that the residents live the best life possible and I am proud to say I work at Hft and negative reviews should be ignored.
28 April 2020
Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - glad to hear you like the working culture, and that you're proud to be a part of #TeamHft!
Poor management. Unfair responsibility.
Working at Hft wasn’t what I expected. I was sold a lie. The company cares more about money than their service users. Manager’s are always too busy to give you the time of day, apart from the admin manager who seems to have a lot of free time, considering how often she’s outside having a cigarette! Other staff members have low morale, due to the lack of support and little pay. Overall, I found it wasn’t a happpy place to work..
6 April 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, but sorry to hear that would not recommend Hft as an employer.
We do value and take feedback seriously, so if you'd like to provide more information, please do contact our HR department to let us know more. The team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700. Hope to hear from you.
Poor management
Poorly run, management and seniors just sit in office all day no support at all and don't do job roles, no room for improvement unless friends with managers (ain't what you know it's who you know) poor staff turn over as staff treated poorly, any complaints never followed up just brushed under the carpet or get passed around until forgotten about, any errors or mistakes get covered up as management are all friends and meet outside of work.
6 April 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, but sorry to hear that you are not happy with the management in your service. Please could I encourage you to contact our HR department at our central support office in Bristol to let us know more about your feedback. You can do so anonymously, and your comments would be taken seriously. The team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700.
extremely poor management
very poor management , your basically managing yourselves with the help of colleagues , extremely poorly paid for the responsibility you have including administering medication , personal care etc, the company is definitely not in touch with their support staff which do most of the good work , who are totally dedicated to providing good support for a pittance of pay , without them Hft are nothing , they rely on the supports workers moral compass to put up with this , which we do , as we do care and have a duty to care for the people we support , this is why there always short staffed and always will be unless they start to value the ground troops !!
Pros
people we support
Cons
management
16 March 2020
Sorry to hear that you would not recommend Hft as an employer. We strongly believe in paying our staff more for their skills and expertise, which is why are currently campaigning for a more sustainable funding solution for the social care sector. More info can be found on the Campaigns section of our website if you'd like to find out more.
Good company to work for
This company is very well managed I left as I wanted a change and wasn’t happy with my shift pattern and as there was no way to change it I decided to leave for a different care company
13 March 2020
Many thanks for the review - sorry to hear that the shift pattern didn't suit, but best of luck in your new role.
Allows bullying
Company does not protect its staff from other staff, staff are sexually harrased and bullied. There's no safety and the managers are friends with the staff who bully. After multiple reports from various people about a staff member sexually harrassing staff, all is ignored. Management are clicky with the staff and do not feel the need to care for new staff. Very little pay and support.
5 March 2020
We appreciate you leaving us a review, but your comments regarding sexual harassment at Hft are very concerning. Please could I encourage you to contact our HR team at our Central Support office to talk with us about your experience, as the safety of our staff teams is of huge importance to us, and we do not tolerate bullying or harassment (including sexual harassment) of any kind. You can contact the team on 0117 906 1700, anonymously if preferred. Hope to hear from you soon.
poor management from start to finish
A very poor culture of registered managers, lots of things covered up, no progression of independence for the people being supported as staff are so stretched, will take on anyone as long as it fills some shifts, people are looked on as trouble makers if they keep reporting things that are wrong, this whole site is back in the 60s and has not moved forward no one even gets the choice of who they live with, when they can go out, as its all so sretched, the site should be closed and reconstructed to suite the needs of the people of today, only plus side is the few staff that always go that extra mile.
28 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and sorry that your experience of working for Hft was not a positive one.

While it’s good to hear that staff who work there do go the extra mile, our Wiltshire-based services have faced challenges in recent years, and though our CQC ratings have improved in the past twelve months, we are still working to the action plans that have been put in place to bring our services in the area up to the standard that the people we support deserve and that we expect of ourselves.

If you would like to speak to anyone in more detail regarding your feedback, our HR team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700 – hope to hear from you.
Constant Firefighting, lack of good leadership
Very stressful company to work for, tight budgets and poor management. New processes constantly introduced without much forethought or the manpower to deal with them all.
28 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you’re willing to give us a call, we’d very much like to talk with you about your experience of working at Hft, in particular your feedback about the processes you mention.
Please do get in touch. Our HR team can be contacted on 0117 906 1700.
Day centre
this position was based in a day centre setting, was really good, clients would come each day and have different activities to attend that was to their preferrance, best thing achieved was to see how much of a difference a little support given as and when needed can make all the difference to a person and their independance
18 February 2020
Many thanks for the review. It's good to hear that our focus on boosting independence through person-centred support was working well in your service - and that the people supported there had real choice over how they spent their time.
Interesting experience
I only completed a work experience week at HFT but from the week I learnt a tremendous amount. The staff was very welcoming and management was extremely helpful. There is not a huge amount of work that needs to be completed, it is mainly assisting the residents and taking them on home days. The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction after a good day out to the cinema or a fun home day with the residents as well as the joy it brings them.
18 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review - great to hear that you got so much job satisfaction out of your work experience placement with Hft, and that you feel you learned a lot while you were with us. Best of luck for the future.
Awful!
Treat staff terrible, management so far up their own backsides all they care about is saving money whatever way they can , poor pay and make rules up as they go along.stressful job with low staff morale wouldnt recommened to anyone
11 February 2020
Sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience of working for Hft. We’d be grateful if you could contact our HR team in Bristol, so that we can hear more about your experiences – we do take feedback very seriously, and you can talk with us anonymously if you prefer. Please do call the team on 0117 906 1700 – hope to hear from you soon.
Salary was rubbish
Pay not great but think its improved since i left . Trainnjng very good same as brandon trust .i did enjoy my time there up till 2 months before i left .
29 January 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. Glad to hear you felt our training was good, though sorry to see that you were less impressed with the pay. We do endeavour to pay competitive rates for our sector, and regularly monitor local market information to help ensure we continue to be as competitive as we can. We're also currently campaigning for the social care sector to be more sustainably funded, as we absolutely believe that our staff teams deserve to be fairly rewarded for the vital support that they provide.
They have a culture, where the staff is really caring and genuinely care about about the service users,
Most staff who have worked there a along time at H.F.T. They expect you to have constant training, and develop your skills and responsibilities, However, even though you have appraisals you don't get an increase. If your looking for a career where you can grow, This is certainly not the job for you. The say they offer career progression its a Joke it gets offered to the favourites, I had a lot of enthusiasm when I first started, Had none at the end. ,You report things medication errors, potential safeguarding and your treated like a trouble maker. It always gets covered up. The culture is also very clicky with lots of families working together.
23 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad to see that you liked the caring culture at the service you worked at, but sorry to hear that there were other aspects of the job that made you feel unappreciated.

We’re concerned by some of the issues you’ve flagged regarding medication errors and safeguarding, and would very much like to talk with you about these to gather your feedback. Please do contact our HR team on 0117 906 1700 - anonymously if you prefer - so that we can find out more.
Staff no support .unreliable staff staff very lazy.no real rules .one rule for 1 if in the click your ok. untrustworthy staff .bullying. not a very nice place to work
20 January 2020
We’d very much like to talk with you about your feedback, so if you can spare a minute or two, please do call our HR team in Bristol - the team can be reached on 0117 906 1700. Hope to hear from you soon.
Very good place to work
Overall a good place to work but at times the job can be very stressful and there isn’t much room for progression and career advancement. The company HFT is a good place to work.
7 January 2020
Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you feel Hft is a good place to work - and please do talk with your manager about our development programmes, which have been designed to support the further development of staff who wish to progress their careers with Hft moving from, for example, Support Worker to Senior Support Worker, and onwards to Registered Cluster Manager.
Okau
It’s okay depends if you want to have a life or not. I would not work for them I’m looking for something better. The people you look after are better then the people you would with
7 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and glad to hear you enjoy working with the people we support.
I do enjoy working for HFT, they are good with staff training
I have enjoyed working for this company. Their training is very good. However supervision and appraisals don't happen very often.
The individuals that are supported are involved as much as possible in their every day lifes and hangovers are done every day so staff can discuss what's been happening during the day and also if there are any new activitys that they can try.
6 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Thanks also for highlighting how important involvement is at Hft - glad to hear that the *handovers (!) are effective.

Thanks again
Nice company to work for
Like every job thers ups and downs but to be fare it's mostly ups they do try to accommodate your hours to your life and the other support workers are really nice
6 December 2019
Many thanks for leaving us a review - it's much appreciated.