As part of our recruitment process, we carry out pre-employment checks to help us make safer recruitment decisions in line with the regulator’s (CQC - Care Quality Commission) requirements to only employ ‘fit and proper’ persons to support vulnerable adults. These include a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK, health management clearance, and full employment and education history.
The higher level DBS check will show information on all convictions, cautions, warnings or reprimands, even if they have expired. Having a criminal record will not necessarily mean you cannot work for us. We look at each case on an individual basis, so you must declare this on your application form.
Our Pre-Employment team aim to clear these checks as soon as possible, but the time it takes will depend on the information that is provided at the start of the process. This can be quicker if the application form has all the information we need to undertake the checks (such as full employment history), but can take longer if we have to contact the candidate to check on employment dates etc.
21 September 2018
Yes that’s the only thing needed
DBS, around 3 weeks
Yes, these can take a few weeks
My DBS took theM 4 months to put through
The company requires DBS criminal record check, which usually takes up to six weeks.
- Is it possible to get a pay rise?Answered by Hft
- What should you wear to an interview at Hft?6 people answered
- What is the Hft employee discount?5 people answered
- How are the working hours at Hft?5 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Hft? What are the steps along the way?4 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Hft?4 people answered
- Does Hft allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?3 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Hft?3 people answered
- What is the paid holiday policy like at Hft? How many days do you get per year?3 people answered
- What was the most challenging part of your role at Hft?2 people answered