HF Holidays Ltd

HF Holidays Ltd Employee Reviews

Stressful , sometimes fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Church Stretton, Shropshire2 July 2019
Hard work, starting at 7 to prepare breakfast, and after a 30 minutes break, starting cleaning rooms a public areas at 10 am.
The sift finishes at 13:00 in paper. Actually, it ends when the work ends.
You start again at 19:00 pm for dinner.
2 days off per week, accommodation and food included for £50 per week.
Pros
Free internet
Cons
long and dull hours
Great team
Digital Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Elstree9 October 2018
The team of employees and leaders make this a great organisation to work for. If you love getting out into the great outdoors and have a passion for travel then this would be a good company to work for.
Enjoyable place to work and generally flexible
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elstree, Hertfordshire, UK19 June 2017
Excellent employers. I feel happy every time I'm at this company's HQ. May not offer good compensation package but generally a good place to work. The company is very inclusive and has a diverse workforce.
Challenging , spontaneous , diverse ..
Head chef (Former Employee) –  18 hotels in the UK , all countryside locations6 April 2015
A typical day would be , starting work 7am most days. Seeing the full breakfast buffet cooked and ready for 7.45 am . 9am going through the days menu with my team of chefs and allocating them specific jobs for the day.
Then the rest of the morning is compiled of looking at the special dietary needs , special dishes to be cooked for the next day . Everything is organized the day before .Planning the next days menu as menus are changed daily.Then the ordering of the meat , fish , vegetables all delivered fresh on a daily basis .
I do most of the prep and backup for the protein dishes , ie meat and fish .My other chefs , the rest of the days menu.
Finish Around 2pm , then im back at 5pm to set up for the evenings menu .
The best part of the job is creating my own menus and training new members of staff into new roles quickly.The hardest part has to be suppliers sometimes letting me down with the quality of produce . Only once in a while really ..
Pros
Great locations
Cons
Staffing levels
Buen Ambiente de Trabajo
General Assistant (Asistente General) (Former Employee) –  Sedbergh, ENG16 September 2014
Buena oportunidad de poder aprender ingles y trabajar al mismo tiempo. Una experiencia muy enriquecedora
Nice company to work in
General assitant (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ENG17 December 2013
The work is in two shifts, the morning one starts serving the lunch to the customers. Once the dinning-room has been tidies and prepared for dinner, the rooms work start. The customers rooms need be tidy and clean. Usually it finish at 12:30. After that, it is free time until 7 pm., when the evening shift starts, then the dinner is served and once everything is cleaned and ready for breakfast, we finish for the day.
I learned how to work with a good team, helping us and knowing what to do and how to do it in every moment.
The management has been really nice and involved with the work team.
My co-workers are nice and friendly people who are always ready to help the others at the workplace.
The hardest part of the job are the strips days, when the rooms need to be extracleaned for the arrival of the new customers.
See the face of the customers when they are satisfaced by the food, the service and the clean rooms!!
Pros
The staff meals are prepared for the chef with the same care and attention than the customers one.
Cons
It is a hard work which needs be done with an smile all the time.
Happy work environment
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Penrith, Cumbria29 October 2012
Typical day at work: Answer emails, video con with London office to discuss sales targets, phone contact with overseas partner agents, marketing plans, updating web site, preparing presentations.
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
salary, location (commute)