Hertz Europe Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stansted13 March 2019
A good place to work. Not amazing work/life balance, but not the worst.
Comision is terrible, worst in the car rental system.

Good company culture and people.
Pros
good management
Cons
comision
CSR (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire13 January 2019
Northampton. Site staff quit constantly very high turnover of staff, draw your own conclusions from that.

Be ultra cautious if there is new management perhaps the trend will stop.
Pros
Northampton
Cons
Northampton
Fun
Sale Representative / superviser (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 November 2018
Really challenging company every day is different if you can’t cope with rental that it’s not the place for you as it is very challaging but the love for cars i have makes it easy for me
Pros
Driving nice cars
Cons
U can’t take the cars home
Great Brand, Excellent Opportunity to progress (areas specific)
Senior Corporate Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland & NE2 November 2018
A fantastic Brand with great people. Superb USP's.

Ability to be self sufficient, autonomous and work on your own.

Pension, Car, Healthcare x2, Fuel Card, Credit Card
Pros
Ability to be self sufficient, autonomous and work on your own.
Cons
Poor Commision Structure
great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2018
fantastic communication with staff and customers enjoyed working with hertz made everyone feel welcome had the privilege of meeting new people while working with hertz
Pros
good communication
Cons
busy
fun place to work (Befor new management)
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent29 August 2018
Due to new management this is not a fun place to work anymore.
Have worked at hertz for 6 years. And have seen the Dartford branch get more and more bookings. New management have been put in place in Dartford and they don`t have a clue. Shame.
Fast paced environment.
Regional Admin (Former Employee) –  West Midlands16 July 2018
Hertz UK is one of the largest vehicle rental companies with a branch in most towns / cities in the UK.

Vehicles are to a good standard and well maintained.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Not good
Driver/Valeter (Former Employee) –  South coast13 June 2018
Minimum wage but the expectations placed on you are way above this rate. You cannot plan anything outside work because you never know what time you are likely to finish work. Zero hour contract but this seems to only work one way to the company's benefit. If you think zero hours means you will have some flexibility this is not the role for you. If you can find another zero hour minimum wage job I would advise it.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Bad terms and conditions
Poor management.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Northampton15 March 2018
The Branch supervisors and City managers dont have a clue how to treat staff and customers. You say something they dont like they threaten to sack you on the spot. Very poor training on the job. Pass the buck so many times. The company is institutionally Racist
The job in itself is a good job, the management at the sheffield branch is terrible
Driver/Valeter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire9 January 2018
Work long hours driving allover to then see hours sneakily knocked off at payday , to then have to argue about been short paid and been made out to be a liar , had to keep a manual copy of my hours I worked .

My girlfriend had a baby , hertz knew like 8 months In advance that I'd be taking time off for the birth , the supervisor moaned about that , I took the birth off and a couple of days after , then when i phoned to say in was available to work they told me they was no hours as it was zero hour contract, to be told by another driver they hired someone else shocking.
Pros
Driving all different cars is decent, the job is laid back .
Cons
Sheffield branch, they actually do con the customers too, by charging 3 different customers for damage done by an hertz employee
Would not recommend.
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 December 2017
A typical day would be checking the manifest for deliveries and rentals, did not always have enough cars to fulfil the requests, terrible fleet management, unsupportive supervisor and cm at the Liverpool branch, forever passing the book, and blaming you for there mistakes, hardly knew what they was doing, some times you could end up working till 8pm because the drivers would have to go collect cars for deliveries, on job training really poor, however the training at the Hertz head office was good however neither of the managers at the branch implemented it, felt like I was working for a different company, I learned more about Hertz there in one week then I did 3 months on job training, hired a new CM while I was there who was extremely rude and patronising. I would not say avoid Hertz as a company but avoid this branch.

Pros, Drivers are really nice and helpful and got to meet interesting people.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours, unsupportive supervisor and manager
not a good experience
CSR (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire18 October 2017
I would not reccomend this company to work for.
The training was ok but you recieve no support from management and left to your own often.
I was not met on my 1st day by any management only a driver who did not know i was starting.
Pros
Cons
Does not keep to their word
Interesting location to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff International Airport, Vale of Glamorgan17 October 2017
Dealing with a worldwide customer base on a daily basis which is always different as you never know who you are going to meet. Always busy whether dealing with customers at the desk or over the phone as well as sorting fleet requirements and dealing with any problems.
Pros
good work colleagues
Cons
A lot of patience needed
Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 October 2017
Worked for hertz for many years and if you want abuse from customers and no suppprt from the people above this is not the job for you! They do literally work you like dogs! You can get a job in a supermarket and get paid more than they offer. Poor working conditions poor pay and vile customers! This company really does get their money's worth out of you! As for the uniform no comment ....,
Pros
Get to drive nice cars
Cons
Poor pay abuse from customers no support from management
no respect
Valeter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Lothian Region6 October 2017
management give you no respect. Even if you have a doctors line been handed in they still look for ways to get you out the door as fast as they possibly can.
Ambiente de trabajo genial
QI(Quality Inspector) (Former Employee) –  London22 September 2017
Empresa con gran equilibrio tanto laboral como ambiental. Gran capacidad de gestión y de promoción. Salarios muy buenos y acordes al desempeño de distintos puestos de trabajo. Una gran experiencia
Expérience motivante
International Revenue and Pricing Manager (Current Employee) –  Londres24 August 2017
Culture d'entreprise américaine, où l'on progresse au mérite.
Entreprise ouverte au progrès et aux nouvelles idees.
Avoid
New Claims Agent (Former Employee) –  Verwood, Dorset22 August 2017
I worked there for years and had nothing to show for it. Asked to do jobs way out of your job role, expected to do overtime with no pay. Some of the managers are amazing but others are aggressive and simply have no idea about managing a team. Atmosphere is depressing and theres contant shouting about the calls being answered. Way to much pressure for the money. All they focus on is getting new staff in the door.
Pros
Employee's there in general are lovely
Cons
Managment is corrupt. No appreciation.
Not for me
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol15 May 2017
My role involved driving the branch forward by increasing business levels, whilst keeping to a budget and working towards the best service possible. I was part of a team that strived to offer the highest levels of customer service, dealing with customers both face to face and on the telephone, to provide an outstanding service to identify their needs and meeting them with our products and services. Arranging delivery and collections of cars, vans and mini buses to
sites and customer houses. Making sure all administered paperwork was up to date complying within the companies’ policies and procedures.
Good place to rent a car
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  london26 January 2017
Not all branches the same. A lot people fighting for commission and that is result of live for money. And company strategy is sale as much you can or may be must to . If you not that good enough then company get rid of you. I do my best to provide high quality service to our customers. No over time. Just flat rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hertz Europe. Our community is ready to answer.

Hertz Europe Reviews by Location