Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Good place to work , big geographic areas to cover . Trust are changing ways of working more flexibly to retain staff . Opportunities to be promoted available. No London weighting so unfortunately ,salary is slightly less in Hertfordshire.
Started as a temp and applied for the fulltime permanent position and stayed there for 3 years. Staff are great, but the management were not so supportive to some . Supervisions were suppose to be taken on a regular basis of every 6 weeks and sometimes it would be more like 6 months,
Pros
All the benefits of being employed by the nhs
Cons
Unfairness when it came to shifts and when you leave ypu get paid incorrectly
Enjoyed the work but need to work part time and only on certain days as clashing with family commitments
Friendly place to work company very flexible

Good support from managers and Happy atmosphere
An organisation that works to a strong set of values and holds itself to account on its ability to demonstrate those values.

Would highly recommend it as a place to work.
steep learning curve, but has good support to manage that.
Staff are nearly always welcoming and friendly.

Work place demographic is largely 30+ meaning it may be harder for younger employees to settle into the work place.
Caring for service users and their carers.Continually assessing,planning implementing, reviewing care.
I learned to be flexible to meet service users' needs.

The culture of accepting unexpected and challenging situations and calmly dealing with these.
Cons
No two days are the same here, busy full on working days with little reward financially but we help so many who suffer from anxiety and depression that its worth it.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Little financial reward for the responsibility
Hertfordshire NHS provided a supportive environment which allowed me to develop as an individual and within my role. The team were able to communicate effectively and work well together in order to provide a top quality service to the vulnerable adults which were accessing services.

During supervision, I was able to have a confidential approach to work and gain knowledge and support from my supervisor in order to improve my knowledge and skills surrounding my job role.
working in the NHS is tough. Usual days are very busy. Management could be slow in terms of getting things done. But its rewarding because youre helping people. Worth it.
Pros
helping people
Cons
complexity
Medical secuatry. I would type up letters, communicate with the supervisors. Making appointments and also referring children to other hospitals if necessary.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Heavy work load
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust?
Work experience, gained new knowledge in areas of the finance department of the NHS. Worked with some undergraduates as well as head of office to get an insight of their day to day tasks as well as them allowing me to get hands on experience in their designated sector of finance.
Every day I supported clients with various tasks, according to the care plan previously agreed.
I learned how to manage my time and journeys so they were time and financially economical.

I had a close working relationship with the owner who offered regular supervision and contact.

I didn't often co-work with other staff. We were a group of individuals who worked with clients referred to the company. When we did meet they were all a pleasure to associate with and were professional.

The most difficult part of the job was the sometimes long hours and personal cost in terms of fuel, expenses and time spent with administration (I was self employed).

The most enjoyable part was the client contact which was almost always rewarding. I was also able to choose my start time (usually 10am). The difference I was able to make to improve the quality of the lives of my clients.
Pros
Able to choose my own hours and start time.
Cons
I was self employed, so no sick pay, holiday pay or pension scheme. No PAYE.
HPFT is a welcoming and friendly workplace, perfect as a first full time job.

For those looking to advance their career, opportunities are offered such as training courses and the chance to apply for funding to start professional accounting courses.
Pro active Trust. Good development opportunities. Challenging but rewarding environment.
Pros
excellent annual leave
Cons
can be very stressful