Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Good place to work can lack progress opportunities
Assistant Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire1 February 2019
steep learning curve, but has good support to manage that.
Staff are nearly always welcoming and friendly.
Work place demographic is largely 30+ meaning it may be harder for younger employees to settle into the work place.
Okay job
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire16 November 2018
Caring for service users and their carers.Continually assessing,planning implementing, reviewing care.
I learned to be flexible to meet service users' needs.
The culture of accepting unexpected and challenging situations and calmly dealing with these.
Supportive, target driven
Senior PWP (Current Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire2 August 2018
No two days are the same here, busy full on working days with little reward financially but we help so many who suffer from anxiety and depression that its worth it.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Little financial reward for the responsibility
Supportive workplace
Assistant Therapy Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire2 January 2018
Hertfordshire NHS provided a supportive environment which allowed me to develop as an individual and within my role. The team were able to communicate effectively and work well together in order to provide a top quality service to the vulnerable adults which were accessing services.

During supervision, I was able to have a confidential approach to work and gain knowledge and support from my supervisor in order to improve my knowledge and skills surrounding my job role.
tough but rewarding
Trainee Clinical Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire10 September 2017
working in the NHS is tough. Usual days are very busy. Management could be slow in terms of getting things done. But its rewarding because youre helping people. Worth it.
Pros
helping people
Cons
complexity
Fun
Medical Secretary, (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire8 February 2017
Medical secuatry. I would type up letters, communicate with the supervisors. Making appointments and also referring children to other hospitals if necessary.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Heavy work load
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire2 December 2016
Work experience, gained new knowledge in areas of the finance department of the NHS. Worked with some undergraduates as well as head of office to get an insight of their day to day tasks as well as them allowing me to get hands on experience in their designated sector of finance.
Outreach worker working with clients with severe and enduring mental health issues
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, ENG15 May 2014
Every day I supported clients with various tasks, according to the care plan previously agreed.
I learned how to manage my time and journeys so they were time and financially economical.
I had a close working relationship with the owner who offered regular supervision and contact.
I didn't often co-work with other staff. We were a group of individuals who worked with clients referred to the company. When we did meet they were all a pleasure to associate with and were professional.
The most difficult part of the job was the sometimes long hours and personal cost in terms of fuel, expenses and time spent with administration (I was self employed).
The most enjoyable part was the client contact which was almost always rewarding. I was also able to choose my start time (usually 10am). The difference I was able to make to improve the quality of the lives of my clients.
Pros
Able to choose my own hours and start time.
Cons
I was self employed, so no sick pay, holiday pay or pension scheme. No PAYE.
Welcoming, Friendly and Encouraging
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Albans16 April 2014
HPFT is a welcoming and friendly workplace, perfect as a first full time job.

For those looking to advance their career, opportunities are offered such as training courses and the chance to apply for funding to start professional accounting courses.
Excellent development opportunities
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Watford22 June 2012
Pro active Trust. Good development opportunities. Challenging but rewarding environment.
Pros
excellent annual leave
Cons
can be very stressful