Hertford Regional College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun-place to work
Lecturer (p/t) (Current Employee) –  Broxbourne Campus5 April 2019
1. I would teach and supervise the work of students in the classroom, following a lesson plan
2. I have learned that students are very motivated to learn, always with an eye for the next impending examinations.
3. Management is supportive of faculty and keen to motivate them to enjoy their work
4. The workplace culture is conducive to students' learning and flourishing
5. The hardest part of the job is the long travelling time to get to the campus by bus.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students understand any knowledge or skills I might impart
Pros
Free teaching materials to work with
Cons
I am only a part-time worker, working only a couple of days in a week
Volunteered to gain more experiance as a lecturer
Volunteer trainee (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire14 March 2019
I volunteered here to gain more experience as a Beauty Therapy Lecturer.

I volunteered on a Thursday morning for a few hours and shadowed, lectured and assessed Level 3 Beauty Therapy students.
Convenient place to work.
Community/Schools Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 December 2018
Convieniant place to work. Company promotes cpd to its staff and the opportunity for promotion.
CEO has clear vision and offers strong leadership.
Recommend HRC as a place to work
Pros
Targeted days off
college
Student (Former Employee) –  Turnford, UK15 October 2018
this aint a job it should come under education it was ok tho i was learning how to fix cars which was cool and on the side i was doing my maths and english
Does not have any quality of work,
Engineering Lecturer (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom7 June 2018
Hertford Regional College is located in a very good area that is attractive College for people but the management has a serious issues and seems that the management problems have been there for a few years and also they are not thinking of solving the problems and improve the quality of work by learners. The College has unskilled staff in Engineering courses for nearly 10 years and runs by unprofessional managers. Based on the offs ted report in 2018, the College has long way to go for improvement.
Hrc
Curriculum Manager (Current Employee) –  Broxbourne, Hertfordshire5 March 2018
Working in FE enables you to have a good work life balance. Hrc is a very supportive place to work and will support you with any training requirments you may require. A normal working day is 08.30-17.30 however due to demands on teachers the working day can increase. Hardest part of the job is meeting the needs of the learners and ensuring they are successful
Pros
free parking, Exended holidays
Cons
FE is forever changing, lack of stability in the sector
fun
Childcare Student (Former Employee) –  Hertford, Hertfordshire12 February 2018
Enjoyed it
interesting
build confidence
gained skills and knowledge
Work experience through college has given me the confidence within the workplace as well as continuing to help me gain a variety of skills and knowledge.
Interesting place to work
Lecturer in Construction (Former Employee) –  Broxbourne13 January 2018
A very interesting place to work. You met different people every day and the job rewards out weighed the long hours. It was inspiring to teach the future generation.
Part time photography course
Part Time Photography Course (Former Employee) –  Hertford28 June 2016
This course was one evening per week for 8 months. I learned all the basics in photography from being a complete beginner. I loved looking at everyone's wok and learning new things from everyone.
Pros
Evening - suitable at the time
Cons
None - i thoroughly enjoyed it
Good
Performer (Former Employee) –  Harlow2 April 2016
The typical day included arriving at the venue, heading into the performance space and getting ready practically with a warm up, both physical and vocal. After this, we would perform to our audience and end the day with a 'Question and Answer' session about what Hertford Regional College has provided for us and what we have learned while studying Performing Arts there.

From this work experience, we learned the professional conduct of schools, as well as how to liaise with and the safeguarding of children. We were managed by our personal tutor for our performing arts course, who had readily prepared us for the day, so we all knew exactly what we were supposed to be doing at every moment we were there.

The hardest or most challenging part of the job was having to adapt the performance to the new performance spaces. As we had never seen them before, we didn't know how similar or different they were to the performance spaces at the HRC campus, and since we didn't have enough time to have a practice run of the performance, we had to improvise the spacing.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the students at the end of the performance because we got to know individual's views on Performing Arts and how they wanted to pursue it later on in life.
Cons
Travelling to the venue was a struggle due to train delays
productive and although presured , a nice place to have worked
Programme manager (Former Employee) –  Ware23 March 2016
Very busy place to work with good team workers and leadership. High standards and worked in an outstanding grade 1 department. All staff worked at a very high professional level to deliver a wide range of courses. Retention and achievement of students are both excellent. I enjoyed all aspects of the job roles I fulfilled in the 11 years I worked at HRC
Hrc
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ware8 February 2016
The overall morale is extremely low. re-structures seem to happen very frequently. There is a tendency to fight fires rather than look ahead and plan for possible problems.
Pros
Very loyal team
Cons
Bad management
Learned and gained soo much experience
Engagement Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  Broxbourne, Turnford8 May 2015
Hertford Regional College opened soo many doors for me. I came back to college when I was 23 to study an Extended Business Diploma Level 3. I never thought I could do well at college but I passed with triple Distinction stars and was put forward for a Marketing Apprentice position that opened up in the college.

I got the job and over the last three years worked my way up from Apprentice to Administrator to Engagement Marketing Officer.
I learned so much in my time here, gained qualifications and experience.
Pros
Gained confidence, qualifications, experience, opportunity to develop skills and advance in my career.
orchard plumbing
orchard plumbing (Former Employee) –  hendon5 February 2015
This was a new start for me, i was used to social housing fix and repair and boiler swaps.With orchard it was only site work with new build properties, you had to read drawings and second fix a flat on price work. it gave you the opportunity to to earn money and complete a lot of work for the company

record : 3 combination boiler with kitchen carcasses in a day
all on one floor of new build flats
Pros
on site parking
Cons
Creative, intensive, ever-changing and rewarding target orientated environment.
Programme Manager Foundation Degree Fine Art (Former Employee) –  Ware, Hertfordshire7 November 2014
Planning and preparation of curriculum and lessons, teaching, staff meetings and administration, data recording, adhering to institutional needs and requirements, including registering, health and safety, equal opportunities and safeguarding. Dealing with external agencies and customer enquiries and interviewing external candidates. High levels of concentration and energy is required.
Patience to recognise potential and talent, being productive and successful with finite budgets and resources.
directing and maintaining and overview of staff, students and resources to achieve set goals.
Supportive and intelligent colleagues, with a range of skills and experience levels, from a diverse range of educational and cultural backgrounds, contributing to the whole, offering guidance and support at all levels.
Dealing with young people and adults with many different personal issues.
Seeing students and staff reach their potential and succeed.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Long hours, including working at home.
Good Education
Student (Former Employee) –  Ware2 June 2014
Completed NVQ Beauty Therapy Level 2 & 3 During this period I won Dermalogica Student of the Year Award.
Excellent
Italian Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ware, ENG25 April 2014
It was quite amazing to be able to teach students who were absolutely willing to lean. I don't recall having encountered any specific or any other difficult in my normal working hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
evening hours
great location!
BTEC NDD Fashion and Textiles Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire17 April 2014
students were great fun.
good facilities on campus; proactive environment
Fun Productive Day
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  hertford 2 July 2013
A typical day included coming in early. to set up and clean up. Keeping the adults entertained, this meant talking to them. Making sure they were always happy.
Pros
meeting new people