Herman Miller, Inc. Employee Reviews

not great
receptionist / PA (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire25 June 2018
i really enjoyed my work but I was doing 3 jobs for 15,500 grand a year and once I asked for a pay rise they didn't want to know. they aren't good at supporting you or investing time in you.
Lots of overtime to be had
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Bath21 June 2018
7.30am start, day spent making panels for office partitions. The company did have a very good union that were very helpful with employees needs and queries.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
repetitive
Productive and fun place with an excellent culture
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire14 June 2018
My experience at Herman Miller was excellent. I started as a trainee product manager and was promoted Product Manager after 8 months. There is a continuous development of the individual with new training opportunities and new challenging projects.
The culture is very open and flexible and I had the opportunity to work with some of the best people from who I have become quite acquainted.
Great company, great people
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2018
Brilliant company to work for. All about the people and are certainly leaders within the industry. They have a knack for hiring great people and are a very understanding organisation
forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Melksham19 February 2018
I worked as a forklift operator, warehouse operative.
The work consists in preparing pallets for transport, loading and unloading of trucks and containers. Cooperation with management, team work.
Pros
overetimes
University project
Live group Project (Former Employee) –  Hatfield18 January 2018
Somebody from the company came in to the university and introduced the group to a new group project. We were asked to go and demonstrate our ideas combined at their studios.
A great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire27 June 2017
Work for Herman Miller for a few years.
Great team spirit
good work / life balance
encouraged to adopt Toyota Performance System technique and culture
Pros
a lot of company events to be engaged
Loved it
Frame Maker (Former Employee) –  Melksham, Wiltshire5 April 2017
I really enjoyed it but due to them having no work I was let go. Would go back happily. Had friendly staff and got on well with colleagues enjoyed all departments I worked in and learned a lot of different types of skill.
Pros
Enjoying work and colleagues
Cons
Lack of work
Good place
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowerhill melksham8 February 2017
I enjoyed working there as everyone was very friendly and good people to work with. I also thought it was a good environment.
Pros
Lockers
Cons
Early start
Sales (Current Employee) –  Aldwych6 October 2016
Great employers, great culture the opposite of a high intensity sales environment.

You're always going to find a friendly face at Herman Miller as they practice the art of trusting their employees and providing employees with the flexibility to work in a way which suits them.

They also have a great office and headquarters.
Pros
Flexibility and trust
Cons
Do not pay the best
A really great working atmosphere
GRAPHIC DESIGNER EMEA REGION (Former Employee) –  Chippenham4 February 2016
Herman Miller's head office in Chippenham is a great place to work. The office is a model of modern office efficiency and style, beautifully designed and well thought out. As the sole graphic designer I have always been busy and in demand, whilst well thought of and respected in my role. I learnt a great deal about working in a truly multi national business and being responsible for all the EMEA region graphics output. I also have had the opportunity to improve the systems and work methods of the graphics position in order to better facilitate efficiency and co-operation across the organisation. My co-workers are highly skilled and a great team to collaborate with. Although always striving for the best in what we do the hardest part of the position is to understand and work with the 'Herman Miller' way of working and to formulate any change or progression within the bounds of the organisational structure. Management have always been a little distant so better communication and integration across the hierarchy would be beneficial.
Pros
Working environment, lots of free coffee, interesting business area and design portfolio
Cons
Understanding and working with the Herman Miller system
Great company to work for and great people
production operative (Former Employee) –  chippenham24 January 2013
I do like working for this company but I am only a temp I have asked to go full time there and got told that there is NO full time vacancies going though I a great company to work for hard work but you do have a laugh.