Heritage Healthcare UK

Heritage Healthcare UK Employee Reviews

Caring for the elderly. I learnt how to assist clients with many different needs as no day was the same as you never knew what you would walking into each day. From an injury to a client a being unhappy. But having support from the management team and the team its self made your day easier.
Smal branch but great workplace. Team is great and director is very easy going and knowledgeable in terms of. Running a business xx Great development potential as company grows consistently
Pros
Transparency
Disgraceful company i genuinely feel sorry for the service users everything is rushed management are terrible work you to the bone for pittence constantly ringing you up asking you to take on extra calls when youve just done a 10hour shift majority of the time you will not get paid for doing the extra calls no recognition for any of the hard work you put in they dont train you properly shadow you once or twice then throw you in at the deep end the boss doesnt even know how to use a hoist says it all really utter laziness from her all she cares about is the money as sad as it sounds i am truly shocked that they have won any care awards because the service users are not even cared for to any adequate standard appalling slave laboir is the way to describe this company!
Pros
Service users are lovely to chat too
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, spend half of your wages on petrol which you wont get back, will hire anybody just to lighten the load off them
Management are very helpful and always considerate Training was comprehensive and also considerate of learning styles Everybody is so friendly and caring Very sociable and colleagues stay connected and as part of a team, always
This has been the best work place by far. wish I could of stayed but had to move. You get all the support you need and everyone gets treated the same .
Pros
Regular work, same costumers, office always there to help absolutely outstanding.
Cons
Would rate less than a star. Company over all was unstable from management to carers and this reflected on patients who was cared for poorly. Management had no sense of work life balance and also after a month's hard work you would get paid late and less than what you are owed. Save yourself and don't apply.
***Stay clear of this company*** Management very unprofessional speak to you as if you are a child puts on a very good front but underneath is very bitter! Sent all over, no respect for service users no continuity for them so different faces every visit do not tell carers if service users in hospital, Huge breaks, break the contracts says they will do something never happens, made to feel unwelcome in the office even 5they say it's a open door! Office staff and management like a bunch of gossiping wash women!!! Avoid at all costs wouldn't allow them to look after my dead frog leg alone a family member, on plus side other carers lovely!!!! Make to
Not sure where to begin about Heritage healthcare Bristol. You get interviewed by the director who promised you everything hours you will be in your area travel time support and it's such a caring company. AS IF!!!!! I wont lie it used to be a good company to work for and i was happy apart from the travel time which was a lie. The manger and whole office team left not surprising really how the director treats everyone and now the new office team came in. On a zero contract we are going out for 1- 2 hours work most days that's when they have any work that is and our service users are still having late visits without being told. Then we have to deal with angry families and end up having to apologise all the time. How can this even happen with so few service users.. How am I supposed to support my family on this!!!! all I get told is there is no work. Support is a shambles never can get hold of on call then they say the phone never rang. Care is unsafe all they think about is money not the feelings of the team or the vulnerable people we are supposed to be helping every day... This company needs shutting down before something terrible happens.
I used to enjoy working for Heritage Healthcare Bristol. Always supported by the office team. Never any problems with the rota. Clients and staff were happy and we were listened to. New managers have come in and the whole company have gone down hill. Staff are leaving clients are having late visits all the time. We are getting told to do things which are not safe. We are not getting hardy any work any on zero hour contract. Director does not tell the truth which is not fair to all of us. I will be looking for another job with a company that does care.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Heritage Healthcare UK?
This company is dreadful, I was told we were paid for travel time which we weren’t. The travel times were far longer than rotered and it was so stressful to get to clients on time. Then other times you were expected to sit outside clients homes for up to 60 mins when gaps arise if a client was in hospital or away - this was unpaid. You often were contacted to do 1 job of an evening ( On your days off) with no travel time
Lovely place to work, management team are great always on hand to listen and help out with any issues, lovely team to work with all collegues pull together, good rates of pay, Full training given and suppirted to go out on visits, my DBS was refunded after my 12 weeks and my wage went up to full rate after training, all training paid. Overall enjoyment and made to feel welcome
Worked here for a while, clients are so lovely and nice. Management team are lovely and care about your wellbeing and safety as well as the clients, lovely little company to work with! Will be going back when I get the chance!
Really disorganised,lack of communications,dont pay on times and keep people training certificates. Hours agreed prior to start job changed soon as you take the job. Very dodgy company.
We're never listened to, don't get paid for travelling, have to pay for replacement uniforms, service users requirements are often ignored, I'm out of pocket buying food and basics for users that I don't get back. Too long between calls , poor travel times, poor recompense for mileage, Constantly pestered to do extras , don't give you enough hours, basically get treat like crapignoradvicrpocommunication
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything.
I have worked in care for a few years and this is by far the best company I have worked for. Management are really supportive and the team is fantastic. I enjoy going to work and knowing I have helped people improve their lives at home. Training if thorough and you get paid for it too. I have seen comments about dbs payments but I got mine refunded after I passed my 12 week probation . Over all I enjoy coming to work and feel part of a great team
They are a good helpful company. Training is interesting. And trainer is really good and fair. I enjoy working for this company. I’ve never been employed as a carer before. And I’m so happy I was given the opportunity.
While I believe this is a good company to work for, the costs for my travel we’re higher than I could afford. I do not believe that social care is well funded and as long as this is the case companies will find holding on to carers difficult as the pay does not reflect the amount of hours put in I would often be out of my home for 16hours but would actually only be paid for 3 to 4 working hours a day.
How refreshing to find a company that really cares , management have an open door policy so staff are encouraged to call in for a cuppa when they are passing . This makes for a friendly , open atmosphere where staff are able to give their opinions and know that they will be listened to. I personally have found the Management team extremely supportive and look forward to many more years at Heritage Healthcare.
I have worked for the company for a long time now, they are a great company to work for. The management team are supportive and have an open-door policy. There are many benefits in place for staff that work for the company. I am very happy within my role as a carer and I find my job very satisfying.
Pros
Car Scheme
I have been working with Heritage for over 18 months now and compared to the other companies I have worked for, they are miles ahead. Hours are consistent and the clients and colleagues are all just lovely! As a family run business all the management staff truly do make you feel part of the family. After being here for 12 months I have just ordered and received my company car. Would highly recommend
Pros
Lovely clients and very supportive team
The care company that cares about staff and clients and has everyone’s best interests at heart. Their is a work and home life balance with good rates of pay. I’ve worked for a few care companies and this one is by far the best.
Pros
Work life balance