Heritage Care Employee Reviews

Lovely housing association Rooftop Housing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire20 October 2019
Heritage Care Redditch. My self and another expert Operations Manager were brought in to sort out the problems. Each day another problem would be uncovered. There was two good team Leaders who had reported concerns for years or more. To the deputy manager who did nothing. Medication errors, alleged abuse, thefts, family concerns. The CEO admitted he knew paying off the deputy manager
Worst job ever
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire24 September 2019
I haven't done care before after this never again. Put what you like on Facebook give wrong meds shout and you be fine. No support and no proper training . This is the worst ever .
Pros
Cons
The job
Staff are amazing but the office...
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire28 June 2019
My time with Heritage care was mixed. the staff i worked with, the people i cared for, were absolutely amazing! the staff made me feel valued and needed. The office on the other hand was a genuinely pathetic attempt of organised people. Unmotivated and dispassionate i struggled to see who or what they cared about, their income or the health of the people we were in care of mentally or physically. but don't let that dishearten you, the staff at the homes actually care and will go beyond the call of duty, with good food, good entertainment and there is always something to do whether you work there or live there. the most enjoyable part of my days was taking the clients out to have fun so they could enjoy the world like everyone else. going to the pub for a meal or the cinema. the hardest part of my job was getting the office to approve anything.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
the office
Intense and versatile
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Loughton18 June 2019
Good Company overhall, A typicall day at work,I got to work before 9am .do the hand over, working with two ladis, each carer spend the day with one client from 9am to 4pm.I took my client out for a walk and refreshment, one of the client had meds 3 times a day,so you help her with her meds.shower,or bath,after care and help her get dressedPrepare and.cook ,breakfast, lunchand dinner, and ,food ,shopping house keeping,clothes washing,and making sure health and safety and policy where followed.and much more. twice a week I used to Sleep over ususally a day started at 9 to 9 or 9am to 4pm the following day.(budgeting on a daily basis,so receipts had to be kept and added at the end of each day).
Pros
Coffee, tea, once a week lunch out with the client).
Cons
Long hours with no break
Avoid
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire4 June 2019
I worked at redditch branch. Residents lovely although some are not suitable for extra care living. Staffing poor levels although the handful of staff who work there back sides off but it's a case of if your face fits with deputy manager your ok if it doesnt your days are numbered. Her family and friends work along side her which makes it difficult for other staff there. Couple of team leaders there are excellent but 1 is very devious and 2 faced. The hours are rubbish unless face fits again. The list goes on all I can say is avoid like the plague
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else
productive
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire4 June 2019
The management are approachable and will support you if it's needed. Training is good and always kept upto date. Mostly good team spirit both with staff and s/us.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sleeping nights instead of waking nights
declared culture is not applied inside services.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London25 May 2019
Not necessary or not all the time declared culture is applied inside services. Sometimes departments are not effectively and holistically working together
Pros
Outstanding in terms of training
Cons
Lack of staff/consistency
Poorly managed
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leicester20 April 2019
My advice to anyone looking at this “out fit” for a career In the care industry is don’t waste your time. The management is terrible. I worked there for 6 years and one of the first things I was told, by someone who’d been there a lot longer, don’t cross the manager, if you do it’s only a matter of time before you’re gone. Terrible company to work for...
Pros
The people you support
Cons
Systematic bullying, discrimination and victimisation.
Nice place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Market Deeping, Lincolnshire10 March 2019
I found the job interesting And rewarding although there are more agency staff than regular staff
The pay is poor
Management should consider paying regular staff more money especially for weekends to reduce the agency staff
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor pay
its good
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk10 February 2019
very helpful and understanding, allows staff time and support when they are in need of it, reasonable holiday cover when staff visiting family over seas
Pros
very understanding
Cons
some long hours
Dreadful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 January 2019
What can I say? Poor management, long shifts and sometimes 10 shifts in a row. Management is useless, no support and if you speak out your life is made awful. Money as a support worker is ok but no enhancements for weekends or bank holidays. Put on 10 shifts over Christmas and new year until I complained and then I was sacked for speaking out. Awful company.
Cons
A very good company to work if they can only review their remuneration.
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire11 September 2018
A day at Mencap involves supporting adult with learning disability by prompting them to help themselves and making them occupy themselves in their areas of interest and accompany them on trips to make up an activity day. Medication management and making sure it is administered at the correct time and the appropriate dosage. Also help them tide their rooms and wash their clothes so that they stay clean.
Pros
Therew is no free lunch but staff have to contribute
Cons
I do not do long hours but some staff members do.
Market Deeping Service
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Market Deeping, Lincolnshire27 July 2018
The service in Deeping is very rewarding the clients and all the staff and management team are really working well together now in the interest of the clients they are one happy team.
Everyone is now having a say in the service and most importantly the clients are having a say in there lives there is really a change in the way everyone is feeling which can only be good for the service.
Pros
Good management who listens to everyone and delivers what the service needs
Cons
Pay could be better.
Fun place to work at
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 July 2018
managing a team of employees, doing the rotas. completing risk assessments. carrying out interviews. doing payroll. managing finances for different service users. Friendly staff team and very supportive management
Pros
free training
Stay clear
Support Worker/Carer agency worker (Former Employee) –  Market deeoing2 July 2018
Stay clear of this company managers are corrupt ,sack staff if they speak out of term ,finds ways of getting rid of you , area manager at deeping is a bully if you don't t suck up to him . Paper work disappears .no staff apart from agency staff.
Pros
Tenants
Cons
Every thing
Lovely clients but management team not very good
Bank Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire18 December 2017
The clients you look after are lovely. In ones self it is very rewarding and uplifting, really is a pleasure to work with. The management not so much.
Pros
Clients are a pleasure to work with.
Cons
The rota patterns are abismal
productive
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bourne, Lincolnshire11 November 2017
worked as a team
had to have good communication skills
had to cover you r back by recording as much information about clients as possible
staff were generally good to work with
Very good people to work with
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire7 October 2017
I have leaned A lot about myself I'm in the years that I have bin there and done a lot of jobs not just as a care assistant but cleaning and laundry the people are very nice and very helpful
Great place
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire14 September 2017
Ive been with heritage care for 3 years
ive obtained nvq level 2/3

A day at heritage care can go either way, not one day is the same which makes it fun and exciting.
productive and fun work place
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bourne, Lincolnshire6 September 2017
very good to work for, sustainable.
good pay and great staff.
a lot of paperwork.
plenty to do, can go on holiday with tenants.
food is included.
need to be strongwilled.
Pros
great job for experience, lots of stuff to do with the tenants. brings you joy.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Care. Our community is ready to answer.