henderson retail Employee Reviews for Client Advisor

2.8Pay & Benefits
I loved working here and was reluctant to leave
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spar Comber Road6 June 2014
Whilst this was probably down to the people I worked with, I did love working here. I learned so many skills and was transformed to a nervous teenager trying to pay for petrol and car insurance into a confident working girl ready to take on any challenge set before me. my co-workers were brilliant, with the odd rotten egg but that is only to be expected. The only thing I would say is that Henderson ct down on staff a lot and it meant that some of my closest friends here were moved to other stores and my work load tripled right around the time of my exams. As we had a new manager as well he booked stock check (where everyone must attend) on my birthday which I had booked off on holiday months before. I therefore ended up working for 10 hours on my 18th birthday, starting at 7 am without breaks. Also I do find that there is some level of sexism, not intentional I don't think, where men are given jobs like packing out groceries and women are abandoned on the tills, despite the fact that a lot of the women pack groceries out considerably faster than the men in our workplace who tended to stand about and text more than anything else. The company is okay, but if you find a good team and a good store to work at then you will have a great experience.
Pros
perks program, training, opportunity for advancement
Cons
under-staffed, company moves workers around confusing the set-up of individual stores