Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Good Pay Poor Runs
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 September 2016
Lack of communication.
I would have client calls cancelled or extended as and wben they felt like it with absolutely no consideration for me and my circumstances.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor facilities lack of communication
Fantastic workplace with amazing colleagues
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 August 2016
Throughout my time working for Helping Hands, I gained a huge amount of experience, and enjoyed every second of it. The staff were tremendous, and the clients were lovely. I learnt how to clean huge spaces in a short amount of time, which is a useful life skill to carry with me. The management was phenomenal as I knew what I was doing at all points, and was treat amazingly by my manager.
Culture of fear
Carer (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire30 July 2016
You constantly fear that you will lose your job.

Management expect far too much for the money they pay. Very stressful situation to work in.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, over worked
Not recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcester27 July 2016
A very challenging role which i worked to the best of my ability.
Some Very friendly and helpful staff. Management was poor. support in my role was poor. No option to grow my knowledge and experience.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
poor management
expects too much from employees
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Horley Central10 July 2016
Good company on paper...however
management expect too much from employees.
lack of support.
employees are worked too hard.
Pros
lovely customers
Cons
long hours, no support
Management is brilliant
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Derby23 May 2016
Helping hands doesn't just care outstandingly for the customer they care for their carers as well. Management have been amazing since day one. Never ever an issue with my hours, work 7 till 2 the hours I asked for when I first started. Every other weekend off. Opportunitys for hours all the time, they don't moan or complain when you say no to them. Always so helpful and on call 24/7. Even when Derby first started with helping hands, I expected a mess and disorganisation but was amazing and very professional. I have nothing bad to say about this company at all, I'm 21 and actually have a life now with my afternoons off and amazing pay at the end of the month
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
N/a
We can't have a life!!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton on Tees19 May 2016
If you're someone who is a bit of a loner, then this is the perfect job for you, but it isn't a lifestyle I'd recommend, if you're the kind who also likes spending time with friends and family. It's a bit TOO demanding. You can't really live a normal life, if you work for a home care agency. My advice is don't have kids. Because it is demanding enough, and you already have lots of people to take care of, once you become a carer. It isn't for the faint-hearted. It's not like working in a paper shop. It's far more pushy than most other jobs. You won't be able to have a social life. With home care agencies, you have to commit your whole life to them. So really think it over, before you start working for ANY home care agency. Once you join one, it's hard to escape.
Pros
The only pro-Talking to lovely, polite people in their homes
Cons
everything else. I can only take so much. Constantly felt like I had a virus, from all the rushing around.
K.F.C was fun at times
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  K.F.C Grimsby4 April 2016
This was a job I held for over 10 years I enjoyed working here but too many changes were made, that I eventually felt that I had outgrown. I also wanted a new change and I started up Helping Hands
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many changes
excellent training course
live in carer (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire21 March 2016
i worked as a carer for 10 years before moving to spain and running my own business for 16 years due to the recession have come back into the care system as a live in carer and i started to enjoy my work again something i hadnt done for a few years so we decided as a family to relocate back to england
i am presently working with a 95 year old customer with dementia and she is a real charactor who makes me laugh daily as a live in carer you only really get to see other carers on completion of your placement but when we got together in spain it was a great support and fun downtime the hardest part of the job is being away from family but then thats also the enjoyable part as you are appreciated alot more on your return i enjoy the challenges im faced with at work
Pros
luxery accommodation
fanstastic employer
administration assistant (Current Employee) –  Exmouth18 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Helping Hands, they are keen to improve employees knowledge in the field and believers in self development.
live in caregiver
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  various20 January 2016
company holds to excellent care standards, Training was very good and continuing education available ,Have not been made aware of any room for advancement. Hard to do live in as you have no real time to have any social interaction. Rewarding being able to provide excellent client care.
Loved the customers but the company is very disorganised
Live In Carer (Former Employee) –  Various locations5 January 2016
I really enjoyed the work itself and will continue with another company. I left because they are so unprofessional. They promise you everything during training and deliver nothing. I was told that after 6 months I could study for my NVQ 2 . . . when I enquired after 6 months service I was told there was no money left and there wouldn't be for some time. My local care services manager was wonderful and if the rest of the company had her work ethic, I would have stayed.
Pros
Fantastic opportunity to meet new people and visit family while earning
Cons
virtually no support from the office. Very poor communication.
id never work there again
live in carer (Former Employee) –  uk4 November 2015
worst job iv ever had. manager used to lie and falsify documents. other manager pretty much did the same thing. company is unreasonable as they constantly try to get you to work as much as possible for as little as possible.
good working enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandy, ENG27 October 2015
helping hands will be a good work place to get expirence for starting work. all the people there are friendly and will help me
Pros
close to home
okay
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  colchester15 September 2015
i helped a man with dementia i loved my job but it just got to much i helped him clean i cooked for him took him to appointments.
i learned never trust no one your on your own in this world.
management okay at first rubbish.
there was only one other co worker and she was fantastic others two faced behind your back.
24/7 in house
seing the person happy knowing your doing a good job x
Pros
helping other people in need
Cons
no help from the management
Caring company
Live-in Carer (Former Employee) –  ENG8 September 2015
Providing live-in care as well as community care for mostly the elderly. Personal care, meal preparation, administering medication, sit visits are required. Carers both with or without a care are welcome.
Challenges
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alcester, ENG9 August 2015
My seven year experience as a Health Care Assistant has made me to learn more, they are quite challenging but enjoyable and I am happy that being a quick learner has helped me and encouraged me to be confident, even when I am with my co-workers I always feel that I should help if they are not able to handle the situation like suctioning a trachi-patient or caring for a palliative/end of life patient.
very clicky
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bacup, ENG14 July 2015
enabling adults with learning disabilities to lead a normal day to day life as would a general member of the public, ie finances, activities, walks, shopping, cooking and cleaning, daily paperwork.
Pros
Cons
over worked
fun and rewarding
Live-In Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sheffield5 July 2015
Never boring
how important the job of a carer is.
Management was good, always there when you need them.
Hardest part to loose a service user.
To bring happiness to others.
Good way to save money but very little else.
- (Former Employee) –  -23 June 2015
As a live in carer, your freedom is almost completely taken away from you. The minimum amount of breaks eligible is not really enough. The office staff are not the most organised, so if you're planning to work as a temporary live in carer, make sure you can deal with last minute changes. The work conditions really depends on each placement - luck of the draw, really. It can be an interesting job, but make sure you're adaptable and can deal with being unsociable. In terms of pay, if you break it down to the hour, it's nothing. But there's no need to pay for rent or food, so money is almost straight into your pocket.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.