Helping Hands Employee Reviews

funworkplace lovely people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire22 February 2017
hovering and cleaning bathrooms to high standard
hardest part is not being able to clean were see dirt
seeing old peoples faces when u clean an know that they appreciate it and talking to them most enjoyable part.
Pros
lovely people u meet
Cons
long hours that u dont get paid for
Adminestration was disfunctional,
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Various locations7 February 2017
As a health carer my main role was productive of my own personel imput,intuition and common sense along with a wide experience of type of care.
However,the adminestrarion side of the company was disfunctional,lack of support and incompetent in resolving problems.
Pros
Cons
Not meeting the minimum wage due to long hours
Horrendous
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire1 February 2017
Absolutely dreadful company to work for. Long hours, no lunch break, pressure to hit targets because the basic pay is pathetic. Almost non existent management support and changes to working practices without consultation.
Sells a service that sounds amazing but the business can't deliver.
The staff turnover is higher than any other company I'm aware of, you just have to look at the constant vacancies! A sausage factory that burns people out.
Pros
The staff
i loved working here.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bookham North17 January 2017
I felt this was a great oppertunity for me as i was just out of school this job gave me the experience of working in peoples homes either as a team or solo. the manager was a lovely lady and so were my team buddies. i would recommed them to anyone who is juststarting out.
Pros
good team
Cons
not having your own transport
caring work place
Carer (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire15 January 2017
Nice relaxed and friendly, home to home care, all individual needs are met to a very high standard. hours are flexible to suit around my home life. generally a good place to work
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
alot of travelling
Excellent training, plenty of placement opportunities.
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  North West14 November 2016
Having never worked in care, the training I received was excellent, practical and informative. I was worried about my first placement but quickly settled into a routine with support from my colleague at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling that you are giving something back to society by helping others in need.
Having worked in Human Resource Management before taking early retirement I have to say that this job is the most rewarding I have ever done because I feel I am doing something worthwhile. Furthermore, I certainly feel that I am appreciated by the family I work with, my line manager and even the CEO, who takes the time to email and write to you when have done something worthwhile or raise a suggestion on how we can improve.

This job allows me to work when it suits me, which allows me to enjoy the lifestyle I have created since semi retiring.
Pros
You can work as many weeks as you want to fit in with your lifestyle.
Cons
You are living in with someone so you need to be able to adjust to this.
Good training, rewarding job satisfaction.
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  North West14 November 2016
Really good training and support for someone who has never done care work before. A rewarding job that gives you great job satisfaction giving something back to people who need a helping hand!
Pros
Work live in to suit your lifestyle
Nice Company To Work For
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Exmouth7 October 2016
Helping Hands are a nice company to work for, coworkers and office staff are lovely, management is very helpful if something needs sorted
Cons
Great care, poor staff management
Customer Liaison Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester24 September 2016
The care provided by Helping Hands is of an exceptional standard, but the treatment of office staff in particular by the management is poor. Your best is never good enough and far too much focus is put on the negatives, rather than the hard work being put in by everybody.
Pros
Helping the vulnerable
Cons
Everyone is expendable mentality of management
Good Pay Poor Runs
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 September 2016
Lack of communication.
I would have client calls cancelled or extended as and wben they felt like it with absolutely no consideration for me and my circumstances.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor facilities lack of communication
Fantastic workplace with amazing colleagues
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 August 2016
Throughout my time working for Helping Hands, I gained a huge amount of experience, and enjoyed every second of it. The staff were tremendous, and the clients were lovely. I learnt how to clean huge spaces in a short amount of time, which is a useful life skill to carry with me. The management was phenomenal as I knew what I was doing at all points, and was treat amazingly by my manager.
Culture of fear
Carer (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire30 July 2016
You constantly fear that you will lose your job.

Management expect far too much for the money they pay. Very stressful situation to work in.
Pros
Cons
Under paid, over worked
Not recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcester27 July 2016
A very challenging role which i worked to the best of my ability.
Some Very friendly and helpful staff. Management was poor. support in my role was poor. No option to grow my knowledge and experience.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
poor management
expects too much from employees
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Horley Central10 July 2016
Good company on paper...however
management expect too much from employees.
lack of support.
employees are worked too hard.
Pros
lovely customers
Cons
long hours, no support
Management is brilliant
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Derby23 May 2016
Helping hands doesn't just care outstandingly for the customer they care for their carers as well. Management have been amazing since day one. Never ever an issue with my hours, work 7 till 2 the hours I asked for when I first started. Every other weekend off. Opportunitys for hours all the time, they don't moan or complain when you say no to them. Always so helpful and on call 24/7. Even when Derby first started with helping hands, I expected a mess and disorganisation but was amazing and very professional. I have nothing bad to say about this company at all, I'm 21 and actually have a life now with my afternoons off and amazing pay at the end of the month
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
N/a
We can't have a life!!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton on Tees19 May 2016
If you're someone who is a bit of a loner, then this is the perfect job for you, but it isn't a lifestyle I'd recommend, if you're the kind who also likes spending time with friends and family. It's a bit TOO demanding. You can't really live a normal life, if you work for a home care agency. My advice is don't have kids. Because it is demanding enough, and you already have lots of people to take care of, once you become a carer. It isn't for the faint-hearted. It's not like working in a paper shop. It's far more pushy than most other jobs. You won't be able to have a social life. With home care agencies, you have to commit your whole life to them. So really think it over, before you start working for ANY home care agency. Once you join one, it's hard to escape.
Pros
The only pro-Talking to lovely, polite people in their homes
Cons
everything else. I can only take so much. Constantly felt like I had a virus, from all the rushing around.
K.F.C was fun at times
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  K.F.C Grimsby4 April 2016
This was a job I held for over 10 years I enjoyed working here but too many changes were made, that I eventually felt that I had outgrown. I also wanted a new change and I started up Helping Hands
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too many changes
excellent training course
live in carer (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire21 March 2016
i worked as a carer for 10 years before moving to spain and running my own business for 16 years due to the recession have come back into the care system as a live in carer and i started to enjoy my work again something i hadnt done for a few years so we decided as a family to relocate back to england
i am presently working with a 95 year old customer with dementia and she is a real charactor who makes me laugh daily as a live in carer you only really get to see other carers on completion of your placement but when we got together in spain it was a great support and fun downtime the hardest part of the job is being away from family but then thats also the enjoyable part as you are appreciated alot more on your return i enjoy the challenges im faced with at work
Pros
luxery accommodation
fanstastic employer
administration assistant (Current Employee) –  Exmouth18 March 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Helping Hands, they are keen to improve employees knowledge in the field and believers in self development.
live in caregiver
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  various20 January 2016
company holds to excellent care standards, Training was very good and continuing education available ,Have not been made aware of any room for advancement. Hard to do live in as you have no real time to have any social interaction. Rewarding being able to provide excellent client care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.