Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Great place to work, offices mean all departments work well together
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Head Office7 November 2018
We are a growing Organisation and this makes our day to day jobs really exciting and allows us to challenge ourselves on a daily basis. We make a difference to peoples lives in whatever role we have at Helping Hands and that is worth getting out of bed in the morning.
Pros
We enable people to stay in their own homes
Cons
Constantly busy and juggling things
Family run positive culture workplace
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
My career has advanced significantly since arriving at helping hands. The business truly believes in developing and nurturing it's staff, your voice is heard and that is important. It is a fast-paced work environment but it is worth the hard work. The people are fantastic and the company values become more than just a job, they are part of who you are. It is an ever changing environment, with a fully supportive management structure who are always striving to be better.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
Flexible working hours
Exciting Growth
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
I have been a member of the Finance team for 2 years and really enjoy the fast paced environment.
The company has grown from having 33 branches nationwide to 89 in that short space of time.
The speed at which the company is continuing to grow is very exciting and I look forward to the future.
Pros
Company Values
Great company to work for!
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Alcester7 November 2018
Helping Hands is a great company to work for, the management is very supportive and there are excellent development opportunities across the business.
Supportive and caring
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  TORQUAY7 November 2018
Hands down the best company I have worked for in the care sector. Culture is throughout the company too to bottom.
Focus is on valuing staff and quality to customers.
Pros
Suppirt
The best!!!
Carer (Current Employee) –  Torquay6 November 2018
This is the best company I have ever worked for. All the staff are Amazing at what they do. I would recommend to work for this company or if you need care. Going to work doesn't feel like work I love it
Family owned Company who recognises talent.
Client Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
This is a company who provides homecare. Be prepared to do your fair share of weekends and late's but most shifts are during the normal working day M-F.
The environment is lively and friendly, the hardest part of my role is getting used to the relaxed management style and being trusted to do your work and get on with it like an adult.
The age range of your colleagues also varies greatly so there is a great mix of young and more mature colleagues all with different qualities to bring to the work place.
You are given targets and KPI's to achieve but at the end of the day your performance is up to you.
This is a care company, be prepared to hear some sad tales, BUT remember your job is to improve their quality of life which is what really makes the difference. You will become more compassionate and very grateful for what you have. It is also really rewarding as you feel you have made a positive difference to someone's life.
The company also invests in a lot of training. You will be developed to be a better you.
If you are self starting and motivated and enjoy working with like minded people then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Lively and friendly friendly
Cons
No company sick pay and listening to
Excellent company great team
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bath, Somerset6 November 2018
I have only been working for helping hands for a short while so still relatively new and I can honestly say the company is great, the training they provide is amazing and really informative, the management are always there for you if you need them anytime, they don't ever put on you, your given hours are always within your availaibilty and the team and customers I work with are all lovely. I can honestly say I love my job and that is down to the way the company is run I would definitely encourage anyone thinking of applying for a job with helping hands to go for it.
Pros
Very caring and understanding management
Cons
Great company culture and lovely people to work with
Camberley Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Frimley, Surrey6 November 2018
I am a new branch manager with a fantastically equipped new branch based in a great geographical area.

The induction training I received at head office was fantastic with hotel accommodation and meal allowances booked in advance which took all the strain and worry away especially when starting a new role in a large company and meeting with new people.

Now that I am based mostly in my branch I find it a great place to work and have had a lot of public interest as the branch is based in the high street.

I am able to work out of any of the other branches across the country and therefor enjoy networking and seeing how 'other' managers deal with their daily tasks, but also, they can in turn come to my branch and spend the day with me.

This company is, for me, a happy place to be :)
Pros
Mixing with people of all levels within the company and this is encouraged.
Cons
I haven't experienced any as yet!
The best company I have ever worked for!
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South West6 November 2018
Having worked in the care industry for 20 years, my experience of employers and companies has been varied. I love working for Helping Hands because of the family feel the business has. The CEO is a lovely man and is very well respected by all the staff. This company likes to recognise and reward the staff and really understands that you should train staff well enough that they are able to move on but treat them well enough that they don't wish to. I really feel that I have found a company that I feel at home in and one that I wish to stay with for the remainder of my working life. I cannot recommend this company highly enough to everyone I meet. It is a wonderful feeling to walk into work smiling and into an environment where everyone is warm, transparent and professional. Thank you Helping Hands for making my workplace like a home away from home!
Pros
Great management, family feel to the business, constantly evolving business, lots of opportunities to progress, a company that cares about staff.
Cons
Great place to work - great team environment and I'm learning loads
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
Been a whirlwind since I joined 2 months ago - learnt so much from my colleagues in a supportive environment where the key focus is getting it right first time for our customers
Pros
supportive learning environment
Excellent Company
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Regional6 November 2018
Helping Hands is a great place to work, since joining I have been given lots of opportunities to take on extra responsibility and progress within the business.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
amazing place to work
coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport6 November 2018
excellent branch manager amazing team and complete support since I started in june. I have never worked for a place as phenomenal as this and wont ever leave.
Pros
great team
Cons
none that i can think of
A truly caring place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  South West6 November 2018
I have been with Helping Hands as one of their branch managers for just over 6 months, and it is the most refreshing company I have ever worked for. Their strong family values ensure you feel a part of something special every day.

I enjoy every aspect of working for Helping Hands and take pride in managing one of their branches. I have a fantastic team of carers who provide the best quality, person centred care possible, which is ensured by the award winning training they all receive prior to starting with us, as well as opportunities for continuous development.

The hardest part of my job- I can honestly say, working for such a forward thinking and caring company, with such supportive management. I believe there's nothing we cant overcome!
Pros
Training opportunities and support networks, excellent salary, management teams
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for HH as every day is different. The growth of the business brings new and exciting opportunities. I hope to work here fore a long time.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
N/a
Excellent opportunities
Care training practitioner (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent6 November 2018
Helping hands has opened up a window of opportunities for me the support and guidance from the managers and care coordinators is amazing. I have worked for previous care suppliers before but helping hands is in a different league. The best by far. Makes coming to work more enjoyable.
Pros
On hand help
Fantastic place to work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Devon6 November 2018
I have never worked for a better company. So much support and guidance from the start. Love working here. Such great team work. I enjoy coming to work every day.
Really good company to work for
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
Really love working here, and brilliant opportunities, lots of internal promotions.

the days go fast as there is always lots to do, I enjoy the team spriit with my colleagues
Pros
Progression
Love the job - pay is terrible (although better than most companies doing the same job)
Hourly carer (Current Employee) –  North England1 November 2018
Absolutely love my job at helping hands, as I’m sure I would with any company in the same industry. Its so rewarding to help customers and I feel it’s such an important job, but it can be very stressful and physically difficult to keep up with what some customers want. I chose to work here mostly due to being a mum and needed to pick what hours I wanted to work.
However, I am being paid less than minimum wage realistically as you don’t get paid between customers and often have to sit in my car waiting for the next one for over an hour which is depressing and demoralising. With how hard I work in this company and how much they charge the customers (which they regularly inform me is a lot) I feel like we should be paid more. And as I very rarely see any colleagues or anything all the hard work goes unnoticed anyway. I am seriously considering leaving to work at a supermarket to get paid more, and have guaranteed hours ,sadly, which is upsetting as I do really love the job.
Pros
Satisfaction with lovely customers, work hours you want
Cons
Pay, stressful, physically demanding
Not a bad place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London31 October 2018
Very good at first then we got a new manager and it went down hill from there until 2 months ago a New manger came in and seems to have bought a bit of happiness to the place and seem to support staff not be against us.
Pros
Being keeped in the loop
Cons
To much traveling and not enough mileage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.