Helping Hands Employee Review

View all Helping Hands reviews

Bury St Edmonds
Carer for family member (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 November 2017
Training was fantastic but unfortunately when you get to your it doesnt come true. Long hard hours & ends up less than minimum wage. Absolutely no support from management, and felt like I was thrown in at the deep end.
Dont go there.
Avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
Long long hours
Official response from Helping Hands
8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, I am most disappointed to read that you did not receive the normal high level of support that we expect at Helping Hands. There are several people that you can go to within the regional team including your Area Manager and Regional Head if you feel that issues raised with your Branch Manager have not been resolved to your satisfaction. We also have a large Head Office team including HR and QA that are here to support you. It is pleasing to hear that you felt the training was "fantastic" and we work hard to ensure that this high level of value and support continues throughput every staff member's career at Helping Hands which is why it is so disappointing to read your review. Please get in touch so that we can ensure that any issues have been fully addressed.
Karen Rayfield, Director of People and Performance.

Other Helping Hands Employee Reviews

rewarding
hourly carer (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire18 September 2018
Everyday is different within a care environment but my main duties are personal care, giving medication and providing general support. The most rewarding job I have had, I go everyday knowing I have made a positive difference in someone's day.
Pros
helping people on daily basis
Cons
long hours but dont get paid for all the hours im out the house
Staff not helpful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire13 September 2018
I applied and was interviewed and was offered a job. I was told that I would be contacted about training and apply for my DBS. Never heard anything. Rang head office. Emailed local office and asked them to get in touch. Still waiting. I missed out on other interviews because of this company. So annoyed.
Pros
Quick information
Cons
Not answering emails or phone
Official response from Helping Hands
17 September 2018

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave this review. There are some issues you've raised that concern me and do not sound like our recruitment practices at all - I'd very much like to hear from you if you're able, so I can follow up internally. Please can you email me at daniel.pitman@helpinghands.co.uk, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.