Play YouTube video button

Helping Hands Employee Review

View all Helping Hands reviews

Bury St Edmonds
Carer for family member (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk20 November 2017
Training was fantastic but unfortunately when you get to your it doesnt come true. Long hard hours & ends up less than minimum wage. Absolutely no support from management, and felt like I was thrown in at the deep end.
Dont go there.
Avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
Long long hours
Official response from Helping Hands
8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, I am most disappointed to read that you did not receive the normal high level of support that we expect at Helping Hands. There are several people that you can go to within the regional team including your Area Manager and Regional Head if you feel that issues raised with your Branch Manager have not been resolved to your satisfaction. We also have a large Head Office team including HR and QA that are here to support you. It is pleasing to hear that you felt the training was "fantastic" and we work hard to ensure that this high level of value and support continues throughput every staff member's career at Helping Hands which is why it is so disappointing to read your review. Please get in touch so that we can ensure that any issues have been fully addressed.
Karen Rayfield, Director of People and Performance.

Other Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Total Waste Of Time
Hourly visiting Carer (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London9 December 2018
Management bully staff and hold a grudge.
You pull them up on something and they victimise you and make things difficult for you forcing you to leave.
Giving you jobs outside of your availability and taking jobs away with no notice or reason.
Pros
Cons
Management and everything
Chelmsford Hourly Branch
Live in carer / Hourly Carer (Current Employee) –  Midlands to South East27 November 2018
The communication is like any other care company, a bit poor but i have to say the women in branch do there very best to help and support you, as they get a lot of calls during the day it can lead to knock on effects, so i would suggest to anyone to be as quick as you can on the phone and free up the line for actual emergencies, the rota's are usually sent in good time and you will be getting a lot of emails regarding rota's as they are changed regularly - remember those knock on effects?.

I do have to say that Helping Hands do allocate travel time between customers which is usually the correct amount of time but it can be used up quickly if there is a lot of traffic, it is just something that is out of our control. I have seen some rota's from other hourly care companies and they either have no allocated travel time or you have to be in two places at once.

All in all, Helping Hands is a great company to work for, they support you the best they can, always open to your ideas, the pay is good for both sides of main care (speaking from experience).

Thank you for your time for reading this, have a lovely day.
Pros
Travel expenses paid by Company / Consider anyone. for employment
Cons
Communication has room for improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.