Helping Hands Employee Reviews for Care Worker

See reviews about:
Brilliant place to work
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire17 January 2018
I enjoy working for Helping hands. Plenty of training and support throughout. Management very understanding and helpful, really do care. Would recommended anyone to join the staff or for anyone who needs a carer!!
Official response from Helping Hands
5 June 2018

Hi there, thanks for leaving such a nice review. It's nice to hear that our hard work throughout the business as a support function is received so well by our carers. We do all we can to make sure you have everything that you need to provide the excellent care our customers deserve.

Thanks,
Dan Pitman
Recruitment Marketing Manager

Postive all roumd experience.
Hourly care worker. (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire31 August 2017
From Interview to training a positive experience. Direct manager approachable and keen to keep lines of communication open. Training was enjoyable and relevant and left you wanting to achieve.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
None as yet.
Management is brilliant
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Derby23 May 2016
Helping hands doesn't just care outstandingly for the customer they care for their carers as well. Management have been amazing since day one. Never ever an issue with my hours, work 7 till 2 the hours I asked for when I first started. Every other weekend off. Opportunitys for hours all the time, they don't moan or complain when you say no to them. Always so helpful and on call 24/7. Even when Derby first started with helping hands, I expected a mess and disorganisation but was amazing and very professional. I have nothing bad to say about this company at all, I'm 21 and actually have a life now with my afternoons off and amazing pay at the end of the month
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
N/a
live in caregiver
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  various20 January 2016
company holds to excellent care standards, Training was very good and continuing education available ,Have not been made aware of any room for advancement. Hard to do live in as you have no real time to have any social interaction. Rewarding being able to provide excellent client care.
Productive and fun workplace
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Essex14 August 2013
Being a care worker allows me meeting several different types of people, mainly elderly, with a great life experience that are happy to share with me. That makes tasks easy and funny.

My main duty is give company to these people, and help them to have a good life through their daily routine (getting up, having meals, toileting and going to bed). Help them if it is necessary in taking their medication and in going out of their homes.

The company is a support in any case, and takes care of looking for excellence in our job, what helps improving carers' skills everyday.
Pros
Meeting good people, with high values
Cons
Short social life apart from job
The work is varied, productive and fun.
Auxillary Care and Support worker (Former Employee) –  England16 December 2012
Helping Hands is a company that assists people with their household requirements ranging from cleaning ( moving house etc) to assisting with functions. Additional services are chauffeuring, gardening, pet care.

My colleagues are all hard working, friendly and knowledgable. The best part of the work is knowing that the client is happy with our service.