Helping Hands Employee Reviews in London

UnCaring Employer- stay away
Carer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 September 2018
Dont waste your time if you value your sanity!! Managers with zero work ethic and/communication skills. Care plans and initial risk plans are incorrect. When you arrive at the client you find nothing to coincide what was discussed with you. No duty of care whatsoever. Such a pity the training team is top notch. You could die at your customer and they wouldnt even realise you are missing! Pathetic
Pros
Super clients
Cons
Nada

Comment – 24 October 2018

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience with us.

I'd like to learn more about the reasons why you feel this way, so I can follow up internally as this is not at all the level of support we come to expect from Helping Hands.

If you can, send me an email on daniel.pitman@helpinghands.co.uk and we can discuss further.

Thanks,
Dan

Very disappointing....
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2017
To start off - the training was very well prepared and enjoyable and the people had great knowledge. Thank you :)
The rest unfortunately one big joke! Starting from the guys matching you with jobs to the coordinators and mangers. Very rude and unproffesional approach, no support while on the placement and it takes literally forever to get a reply! It's a real shame that nobody cares about the employees and customers. They all just want to push you on placement so that they can get money and don't care about the rest. Avoid if you can :)
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Longer hours than they say, pay not that great, false placement information, no support for live in carers.....
Official response from Helping Hands
28 December 2017

I was very disappointed to read your review as it does not match our usual high standard of support that is offered to our Carers. We have several people who are always on hand to help you including your line manager, regional management, QA and HR teams. Please get it touch with us so that we can understand exactly what the issues were that you faced and make sure that they are fully resolved.

don't believe the adds they post.
C (Former Employee) –  london10 July 2017
Terrible company and completely unorganized company, I would stay away. Unprofessional managers ..... They have a bad reputation.Don't believe the adds they post.
Good place to get some experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  London2 June 2017
This was only a work placement from jobcenter in order for me to get utilise my exisiting skills and experince. I was very grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Good friendly environment
Cons
That it didnt lead to full time employment.
A relaxed friendly and fun atmosphere
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Plaistow, London, ENG13 December 2013
Providing support for local Newham residents with issues regarding homelessness and the elderly. Duties include attending meetings, care and support work for individuals and groups, working the reception desk, booking new jobs,answering the phones and acting as an appropriate adult for the residents whilst on trips and excursions.
Pros
a great cause and great people volunteers and clients alike
Cons
No pay