Play YouTube video button

Helping Hands Employee Reviews in Alcester

A fun, friendly, family run business
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcester9 November 2018
My day typically starts with me checking emails, checking in with my team members and forming a 'to do' list. I receive great support from my manager when I need it but she is also great at giving me space to learn and develop within my role as an individual. Having worked for the company for approaching 3 years I have saw first hand the vast growth and potential the company has.

My job involves a lot of overseas travel which can be challenging particularly when spending large amounts of time away from home however this is also my favourite part of my role! The support I receive when i'm in the country but also when i'm miles away from home makes it easy for me to still have a work life balance and feel appreciated.

The work place culture is very much work hard play hard! Meet your deadlines and you will be rewarded. It's a very friendly office and the days pass almost too quickly!
Pros
Lots of team incentives and a good company morale
Cons
Limited office parking
Rewarding, fast paced and vibrant
Pricing & Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
Helping Hands is an exciting and hugely rewarding place to work. There is a strong focus on developing and rewarding it's employees, ensuring that service excellence is something lived and breathed daily. The rapid growth of the company ensures every day offers a new challenge and is equally stretching and exciting.
Our values guarantee we retain a family run a caring feel despite the large scale of the organization.
Pros
Rewarding, Developemnt, Career
I love my job!
Management Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
Working for helping hands provides me with the fulfilment of knowing that the company that i work for provides a real difference to peoples lives.

I am based at Head Office in Alcester, however I travel to all of our branches regularly and get to meet all of the great people that we have working for us.

I feel that the company challenges me regularly to do my job at the highest standard and allows me development opportunities that i may not have in other organisations.

The management are all approachable. There aren't many companies that have a CEO that is so visible and knows everyone personally, right down to grass roots level.

The working hours are long, but because you are so busy you don't notice where the time goes.

If you are looking at working for us I would encourage you to apply and be part of our friendly teams!
Pros
Flattened management structure
Productive and Fun Workplace
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
I really enjoy working at Helping Hands, they provide a stimulating and enjoyable workplace. The managers are really supportive and encouraging, building a strong sense of team spirit.
Great Company
Great company to work for, everyone is always lovely and always willing to help!
Since joining I have been given lots of opportunities to take on extra responsibility and progress to better myself and the career path I want to take!
Pros
progression
Family run positive culture workplace
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
My career has advanced significantly since arriving at helping hands. The business truly believes in developing and nurturing it's staff, your voice is heard and that is important. It is a fast-paced work environment but it is worth the hard work. The people are fantastic and the company values become more than just a job, they are part of who you are. It is an ever changing environment, with a fully supportive management structure who are always striving to be better.
Pros
Positive culture
Cons
Flexible working hours
Exciting Growth
Management Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
I have been a member of the Finance team for 2 years and really enjoy the fast paced environment.
The company has grown from having 33 branches nationwide to 89 in that short space of time.
The speed at which the company is continuing to grow is very exciting and I look forward to the future.
Pros
Company Values
Great company to work for!
Recruitment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Alcester7 November 2018
Helping Hands is a great company to work for, the management is very supportive and there are excellent development opportunities across the business.
Family owned Company who recognises talent.
Client Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
This is a company who provides homecare. Be prepared to do your fair share of weekends and late's but most shifts are during the normal working day M-F.
The environment is lively and friendly, the hardest part of my role is getting used to the relaxed management style and being trusted to do your work and get on with it like an adult.
The age range of your colleagues also varies greatly so there is a great mix of young and more mature colleagues all with different qualities to bring to the work place.
You are given targets and KPI's to achieve but at the end of the day your performance is up to you.
This is a care company, be prepared to hear some sad tales, BUT remember your job is to improve their quality of life which is what really makes the difference. You will become more compassionate and very grateful for what you have. It is also really rewarding as you feel you have made a positive difference to someone's life.
The company also invests in a lot of training. You will be developed to be a better you.
If you are self starting and motivated and enjoy working with like minded people then this is a great place to work.
Pros
Lively and friendly friendly
Cons
No company sick pay and listening to
Great place to work - great team environment and I'm learning loads
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
Been a whirlwind since I joined 2 months ago - learnt so much from my colleagues in a supportive environment where the key focus is getting it right first time for our customers
Pros
supportive learning environment
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for HH as every day is different. The growth of the business brings new and exciting opportunities. I hope to work here fore a long time.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
N/a
Really good company to work for
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire6 November 2018
Really love working here, and brilliant opportunities, lots of internal promotions.

the days go fast as there is always lots to do, I enjoy the team spriit with my colleagues
Pros
Progression
False advertising and not supportive
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire3 September 2018
- Experience is needed, while being advertised as no experience needed.
- Only providing work with elderly with dementia. No work with teens or young adults
- Training is obligated, which is normal, but this is in Alcester in the Midlands and they can decide to send you home during anytime of the training week.
- Unfriendly staff
- Have to be at placement 6 out of 12 months
- Not flexible
- No denying placement
- Immediate signing of the contract during training week
Pros
work all over the uk
Cons
read review
not very helpful hands
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire3 September 2018
the training was very good and thorough, I was able to advance my skills and qualifications. however, they were not concerned about ensuring these new skills were put in to practice with their employees and service users. I had many concerns I raised with management but nothing was done about it. I could not continue working with a company that did not hold up it's duty of care.
Pros
good training
Cons
lack of care

Comment – 17 September 2018

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't what you'd expected, but I'd like to hear more about the issues you've raised. If you can, email me on daniel.pitman@helpinghands.co.uk and I can try to understand more about them if possible.

Thanks,
Dan

Postive experince,Good team
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire21 April 2018
I loved working for helping hands the company trained me well for my live in position, I had left due to the long hours and living away from home at the time it wasn't suitable for me, but I would go back if my circumstances change.
Pros
The company pay a food allowance whilst working away
Official response from Helping Hands
5 June 2018

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. I hope that you have the opportunity to come back at some point in the future. If you'd like to get back in contact and potentially return to Helping Hands, feel free to send me an email on daniel.pitman@helpinghands.co.uk.

Thanks,
Dan

Fun and productive
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Alcester21 December 2017
Very nice company, with nice employees, a job where you can plan your free time as much as you want and choose when you can or cannot work. They give you professional training in everything you need to know related to the job.
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
Sometimes it is not easy
Official response from Helping Hands
28 December 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this review, it is really good to hear that you are enjoying your role and that the training you received was up to our usual award winning standard.
Karen Rayfield, Director of People and Performance.

Ayudando a ser un poquito mejor cada día
CUIDADOR DE PERSONAS CON DISCAPACIDAD (Former Employee) –  ALCESTER, REINO UNIDO18 April 2017
Trabajo en equipo ayudándose mutyamente unos
A otros. Gran confianza depositada en los trabajadores
Good training but limited support after training
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire23 February 2017
A good training course but unpaid. The calibre of some recruits are quite disappointing. Lack of post training support. Pay is poor for a live in carer. Little thought to placement suitability.
Cons
Lack of organisation at HQ.
Horrendous
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire1 February 2017
Absolutely dreadful company to work for. Long hours, no lunch break, pressure to hit targets because the basic pay is pathetic. Almost non existent management support and changes to working practices without consultation.
Sells a service that sounds amazing but the business can't deliver.
The staff turnover is higher than any other company I'm aware of, you just have to look at the constant vacancies! A sausage factory that burns people out.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Great care, poor staff management
Customer Liaison Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester24 September 2016
The care provided by Helping Hands is of an exceptional standard, but the treatment of office staff in particular by the management is poor. Your best is never good enough and far too much focus is put on the negatives, rather than the hard work being put in by everybody.
Pros
Helping the vulnerable
Cons
Everyone is expendable mentality of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.