Helping Hands Employee Reviews in Alcester

Postive experince,Good team
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire21 April 2018
I loved working for helping hands the company trained me well for my live in position, I had left due to the long hours and living away from home at the time it wasn't suitable for me, but I would go back if my circumstances change.
Pros
The company pay a food allowance whilst working away
Official response from Helping Hands
5 June 2018

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. I hope that you have the opportunity to come back at some point in the future. If you'd like to get back in contact and potentially return to Helping Hands, feel free to send me an email on daniel.pitman@helpinghands.co.uk.

Thanks,
Dan

Fun and productive
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Alcester21 December 2017
Very nice company, with nice employees, a job where you can plan your free time as much as you want and choose when you can or cannot work. They give you professional training in everything you need to know related to the job.
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
Sometimes it is not easy
Official response from Helping Hands
28 December 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this review, it is really good to hear that you are enjoying your role and that the training you received was up to our usual award winning standard.
Karen Rayfield, Director of People and Performance.

Ayudando a ser un poquito mejor cada día
CUIDADOR DE PERSONAS CON DISCAPACIDAD (Former Employee) –  ALCESTER, REINO UNIDO18 April 2017
Trabajo en equipo ayudándose mutyamente unos
A otros. Gran confianza depositada en los trabajadores
Good training but limited support after training
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire23 February 2017
A good training course but unpaid. The calibre of some recruits are quite disappointing. Lack of post training support. Pay is poor for a live in carer. Little thought to placement suitability.
Cons
Lack of organisation at HQ.
Horrendous
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire1 February 2017
Absolutely dreadful company to work for. Long hours, no lunch break, pressure to hit targets because the basic pay is pathetic. Almost non existent management support and changes to working practices without consultation.
Sells a service that sounds amazing but the business can't deliver.
The staff turnover is higher than any other company I'm aware of, you just have to look at the constant vacancies! A sausage factory that burns people out.
Pros
The staff
Cons
Great care, poor staff management
Customer Liaison Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester24 September 2016
The care provided by Helping Hands is of an exceptional standard, but the treatment of office staff in particular by the management is poor. Your best is never good enough and far too much focus is put on the negatives, rather than the hard work being put in by everybody.
Pros
Helping the vulnerable
Cons
Everyone is expendable mentality of management
Not recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alcester27 July 2016
A very challenging role which i worked to the best of my ability.
Some Very friendly and helpful staff. Management was poor. support in my role was poor. No option to grow my knowledge and experience.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
poor management
Challenges
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alcester, ENG9 August 2015
My seven year experience as a Health Care Assistant has made me to learn more, they are quite challenging but enjoyable and I am happy that being a quick learner has helped me and encouraged me to be confident, even when I am with my co-workers I always feel that I should help if they are not able to handle the situation like suctioning a trachi-patient or caring for a palliative/end of life patient.
My workplace really support us and really care about us carers .They also sopprt the customers and their familys.
live in carer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, ENG27 November 2014
Getting them up .Givingthem breakfast .Doing household work. Shopping. Answering phone. Doing activities. Updateing families. Oredring prescriptions. Makeing meals .The hardest part can be keeping in touch with work. Sometimes as its a little village. Terible broadban d an d wifi .And keeping all families updated. As families arent near by . The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing them happy. With family.And knowing that you are takeing some of the stress and worry of it. And watching them interect and when they are hacveing a good day. And the family are seeing their parents as they I used to be and that they are safe well and happy.
Pros
Seeing how I am making a difference/and that ican see how the family/appreciate this/
Cons
Can sometimes be long hours./ And they can be hard/
People friend job,
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, ENG19 May 2014
Have only 2 hours time for yourself during a work.
Can you meet lovely people with many nice life story.
A Market Leader
Live in Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alcester, ENG16 January 2014
As a live in carer, I am responsible for care and safe wellbeing of our customer plus total household management.
I work with a proactive team from the office who are very supportive.
I enjoy making a positive difference to the quality of life for my customer.
Rewarding workplace
Carer (Former Employee) –  Alcester, ENG6 December 2013
very interesting work to do if you are a right person to do it.
Learned lots about different people lifestyle and behavior in different situations and and stages of illeness.
Hardest part of the job was iresponsible office.
Pros
accomodation and food provided
Cons
working 24/7 only 14 hours free per week.
Realy good company - no problems at all
Support Worker / Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alcester, ENG21 August 2013
-24/24
-I learned a lot about the human psyche - (most of my as well ;-)
-Brilliant!
-Excellent!
-I know the work of a live-in, no surprises, no obstacle can not be overcome.
-Visits to the gym, cinema, college. Meeting with family and friends.
Pros
Excellent relations with the family of my service user.
Cons
Sometimes, too much rain :-)
Rewarding but very demanding.
Live-in Carer (Former Employee) –  Alcester, ENG14 August 2013
Live-in caring is a particulary demanding role. It is very rewarding in some respects but requires a lot of dedication and self-sacrifice in order to provide the service required by clients as well as the company. The hardest part of the role is having to forego your own social life etc for weeks on end.
Pros
Minimum living expenses as living in with clients.
Cons
No social life. Not able to go out when you want to. Heavy responsibilities.