Helping Hands Employee Reviews

Total Waste Of Time
Hourly visiting Carer (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London9 December 2018
Management bully staff and hold a grudge.
You pull them up on something and they victimise you and make things difficult for you forcing you to leave.
Giving you jobs outside of your availability and taking jobs away with no notice or reason.
Pros
Cons
Management and everything
Chelmsford Hourly Branch
Live in carer / Hourly Carer (Current Employee) –  Midlands to South East27 November 2018
The communication is like any other care company, a bit poor but i have to say the women in branch do there very best to help and support you, as they get a lot of calls during the day it can lead to knock on effects, so i would suggest to anyone to be as quick as you can on the phone and free up the line for actual emergencies, the rota's are usually sent in good time and you will be getting a lot of emails regarding rota's as they are changed regularly - remember those knock on effects?.

I do have to say that Helping Hands do allocate travel time between customers which is usually the correct amount of time but it can be used up quickly if there is a lot of traffic, it is just something that is out of our control. I have seen some rota's from other hourly care companies and they either have no allocated travel time or you have to be in two places at once.

All in all, Helping Hands is a great company to work for, they support you the best they can, always open to your ideas, the pay is good for both sides of main care (speaking from experience).

Thank you for your time for reading this, have a lovely day.
Pros
Travel expenses paid by Company / Consider anyone. for employment
Cons
Communication has room for improvement.
An excellent Company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside23 November 2018
I have worked for a number of home care providers but I have never worked anywhere that cared about it's employees as much as Helping Hands.

There is a huge emphasis here on recognising achievements, nurturing staff and helping the to progress.

Most importantly, from the very top of the organisation, there is a real sense that everybody cares a great deal about the customers being supported.
Pros
caring environment, career opportunities, fantastic support
Supportive company
Care Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands12 November 2018
I’ve been at Helping Hands for over 2 years and I absolutely love working here.

I started as a carer and progressed to a Carer and Training Practioner, before moving up to my current Care Coordinator role. From the moment I started, I was fully supported by my branch office team. Now I am part of the office team, I am massively supported by my Manager, Area Manager and our Head Of Home Care. There is always someone there to help you!

I love the fact that the job I do truly makes a difference to people’s lives. It’s lovely going out to our customers and hearing how happy they are and how much they think of our carers. It makes you realise that you’re doing your job well.
Pros
Excellent progression opportunities
Cons
Very thoughtful and robust workplace
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South Wales12 November 2018
I have been working at helping hands just short of 3 months and the company really is great. From my interview, to induction, to training and to settling in there wasn't anything that wasn't thought of by the head office departments. The training and meetings booked at my induction were sent to me in advance and every part of the training took place on time and efficiently. The company are family run which is evident by their commitment to their employees and customers. The company is very thoughtful and has a personal touch which I like. The staff teams are brilliant and carers love their jobs which is amazing. I have worked in other companies but this company is by far the best I have worked for and is so efficient. I am confident that we provide a high standard of care and that there are measures in place to make sure this is checked and continuously improved. You wont regret making the move if you are thinking about joining us.
Pros
Friendly Staff, good rates of pay, looked after by CEO
Family run company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland12 November 2018
I have worked for HH for 10 years & have progressed through the company during this time, I started as hourly carer & am now a branch manager. I work closely with my colleagues in my team & across the company & everyone works really hard to find solutions for our customers & carers.
I love the variety my job offers as no 2 days are the same. I love meeting new customers & carers.
Pros
Family fun company; progression
Cons
Flexibility
Great Workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  South West12 November 2018
Helping Hands is a great company to work for, they have a good support system in place for staff and have an unpinning set of values which sets them apart from other employers.
Amazing place to work
Care and Training Practioner (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon9 November 2018
Every day is rewarding! You work with such an amazing team and get to build such a good rapport with all cliental. Not only that but they make sure we all get continuity of work and have a great work - life balance.

I would recommend and have recommended working for Helping Hands to everyone as I believe it beats all other work firms around.

There are amazing benefits to working with the company and there are a lot of staff engagement and satisfaction.
Great supportive place to work
Hourly carer (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon9 November 2018
Overall great place to work, things I love about my job.

Everyday is different
Supportive colleagues & managers
Great training
Offers progression in your career
Flexible work life, can fit around your family life
Meeting new people
Knowing that I’m making a difference in people’s life
Friendly company.
Pros
Career progression
A fun, friendly, family run business
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcester9 November 2018
My day typically starts with me checking emails, checking in with my team members and forming a 'to do' list. I receive great support from my manager when I need it but she is also great at giving me space to learn and develop within my role as an individual. Having worked for the company for approaching 3 years I have saw first hand the vast growth and potential the company has.

My job involves a lot of overseas travel which can be challenging particularly when spending large amounts of time away from home however this is also my favourite part of my role! The support I receive when i'm in the country but also when i'm miles away from home makes it easy for me to still have a work life balance and feel appreciated.

The work place culture is very much work hard play hard! Meet your deadlines and you will be rewarded. It's a very friendly office and the days pass almost too quickly!
Pros
Lots of team incentives and a good company morale
Cons
Limited office parking
Fantastic place to work, great culture, great career prospects!
Head of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire8 November 2018
As part of the marketing team my day is varied. We work in a fast-paced environment, with exciting work, amazingly talented people, a supportive leadership team, we truly live our values and no day is the same.

I am fortunate to be challenged in every way, to grow and learn and develop my team - I am given responsibility and trusted within my role.

From a marketing perspective, our breadth of work spans, digital, creative, brand, communications, local marketing - we work with good budgets and are challenged to prove ROI which makes us vigilant, data is key!

I really enjoy my role, I love the business, the people and how quickly we are growing, the possibilities for what we can achieve together are endless.
Pros
Supportive culture
Cons
Non
Rewarding, fast paced and vibrant
Pricing & Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
Helping Hands is an exciting and hugely rewarding place to work. There is a strong focus on developing and rewarding it's employees, ensuring that service excellence is something lived and breathed daily. The rapid growth of the company ensures every day offers a new challenge and is equally stretching and exciting.
Our values guarantee we retain a family run a caring feel despite the large scale of the organization.
Pros
Rewarding, Developemnt, Career
Cons
An amazing place to work
Head of New Business (Current Employee) –  Head Office7 November 2018
Working within the New Business Team at Helping Hands is so rewarding - being able to provide a solution to someone in need of care is really satisfying and working with a large team of people wanting to make a difference is just brilliant.

Helping Hands is dynamic, fast paced and full on but the family values, history & heritage is at the core of everything we do.

Offering care from 30mins per week to full time live in care provides flexibility to offer a bespoke service tailored to the individuals needs. Having our own recruitment and training programme for carers directly employed by Helping Hands, the huge infrastructure of Care Manages across the country and a national network of local Branches enables us to deliver quality care, quickly and effectively.

Helping Hands recognises talent and actively encourages a culture of personal development, training and coaching. It is excellent for both career and personal development.

It is a great place to work.
Works around my hours
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon7 November 2018
I love working here. The clients are lovely and the management is looking after you. The company provides good training and gives you everything you need to work.
Friendly and fulfilling place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon7 November 2018
I am new to caring and Helpinng have have been so professional and extremely helpful in regards to my training and settling in. I could not be happier, customer and other staff are just a delight to be around.
I love my job!
Management Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
Working for helping hands provides me with the fulfilment of knowing that the company that i work for provides a real difference to peoples lives.

I am based at Head Office in Alcester, however I travel to all of our branches regularly and get to meet all of the great people that we have working for us.

I feel that the company challenges me regularly to do my job at the highest standard and allows me development opportunities that i may not have in other organisations.

The management are all approachable. There aren't many companies that have a CEO that is so visible and knows everyone personally, right down to grass roots level.

The working hours are long, but because you are so busy you don't notice where the time goes.

If you are looking at working for us I would encourage you to apply and be part of our friendly teams!
Pros
Flattened management structure
Rewarding
Hourly visit carer (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon7 November 2018
Variety visits, good training, well managed and manager very approachable, getting attached to customers, when you can make someone smile,
Its such a rewarding job and you definitely get job satisfaction.
Kind,caring and supportive for staff and customers
Hv carer (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon7 November 2018
Working for helping hands is such a rewarding job, all the staff and customers are so friendly and supportive, the dedication to the customers is amazing, everyone try’s their best to help each other out, the support from the office is the best I’ve ever experienced, working for helping hands is like being part of a big family.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Low mileage pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alcester, Warwickshire7 November 2018
I really enjoy working at Helping Hands, they provide a stimulating and enjoyable workplace. The managers are really supportive and encouraging, building a strong sense of team spirit.
Great Company
Great company to work for, everyone is always lovely and always willing to help!
Since joining I have been given lots of opportunities to take on extra responsibility and progress to better myself and the career path I want to take!
Pros
progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Helping Hands. Our community is ready to answer.