Play YouTube video button
Information from Helping Hands:

Helping Hands Employee Reviews

United Kingdom300 reviews
Featured review
Helping Hands selected this as a representative review
Best care company in the uk
Well what can I say I’ve only been there for 3 months one of the best in the uk office staff are amazing I would recommend to all my family and friends to work with our fantastic team we have in the Wakefield area my last care company was shocking and I would never recommend to family and friends
Official response from Helping Hands
22 November 2019
Thank you for leaving such a fantastic review, we really appreciate your kind words.

We will certainly pass on your feedback to the local branch.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time with us as much as you have done already!
Office & lack of support
The casual office workers who 'organise' the live in carer placements are one of the worst things about HH too many lies from them about the placement, sent on long journies when asked several times to work in the area where you live, concerns never addressed regards feedback and issues. Jobs cancelled for no reason, they dont reply to emails and told about a more preferable job when just started a placement.
Excellent
Excellent job to have . Management & staff easy & friendly to get on with very professional . Team work & reliability between management & staff is second to none . Enjoy working & helping hands .clients are adorable 😷😃.
Excellent company
Excellent company to work for constant support and ongoing training... working for helping hands was like joining a family that welcome you with open arms
making a difference in people lives
Daily duties:to provide support and companionship to costumer, to perform personal care duties in line with the costumer needs, light housekeeping and cleaning duties, prepare home cooked food, to administer medication, to assist with moving and handling as required, to record accurately all activities with the costumer, take the costumer to all the appointments, visits.
It was important to understand the clients need and to give support according to this.

The hardest part was to not see my family for a relatively long time.

I enjoyed to make a real difference in life of the clients.
Fast paced
fast paced ever changing work place .
lots of training available .

Progression available if desired .

regular one to ones .

Clear targets.

excellent carers pay.
Lovely clients
I always feel like I work for my client and they make it so rewarding. Our company has struggled with communication and internal reorganization.
You don't have a lot of dealings with the company and they do provide a very good online learning portal. You can take up extra course work if you want to.

I love my job because it doesn't feel like a job it is the knowledge of making a difference in someones life.
Not my company, wouldn't recommend it !
The coordinating office booking the placements are very poor and casual more than 1 placement have been left waiting for hours, after they lied saying the next carer has arrived. Each placement there is problems and with not enough support or organization. For 2 weeks the office knew when the placement ended yet hadn't booked one to arrive to take over!! Every placement there is problems due to how casual and disorganized the people in the office are. Unprofessional ways of working but also very unfair treatment to the carers. Hard work. Long hours. Lie about the placement details ie if they're a smoker and also should pay for travel! Ca
Good company to work for
Good co.pany to work for
Flexible hours

Pick your own hours to work

Uniform supplied

Rota on your phone

Single and double calls

Very good communication
Sadly not the same company i joined
Worked for 6 years. When I joined it was a pleasure to work for them however over the last year it has been appalling. Placements cancelled at short notice so placement never confirmed. Lack of work, spent 3 weeks in November waiting for work but none came. Management lied to me in several occasions. Expected to sleep on dirty sheets and wait 4 hours in my car. I was freezing.
Good place to be
Very good training, support and co-workers. For those who loves driving around and help people with their Personal care and do a bit of cooking for them, dress them, go shopping for them, give them their medication etc.
Not the best place
It's been a good place on the begin, but after it's become a stressful job, because they change my shift, and another point it's the minimum wage which is too low for that kind of work.
Very rewarding
Pay is ok. No extra for weekend work or training
Customers and colleagues are really lovely

Can be a very rewarding job

There is always opportunities for extra learning. Which is always a bonus.

Job isn’t hard. Initiative is always a bonus.

You will need to drive. Your calls are generally close together. You get mileage paid.
Nice company to work for.
Lovely staff members, very supportive staff, they always have a solution for a problem. Great service and support. They take good care for there staff and customers. I'm very happy to be part of this team. If you know that you are a caring, lovely and patient person, apply and join this great team.
Elment
Nincs sok maganelet, nem volt internet a legtobb helyen, sem auto
Busy no time for the residents
No time for clients half hour jobs that needed more time. Four or 5 calls at the same time and left you to sort out who you went to first. Not enough travel time. Had to collect your own rota from the office they wernt sent to you.
Pros
Lloved visiting clients in there own homes.
Cons
Not enough time, And no replacement calls when people were in hospital or away so you lost money, And not enough petrol money
Loved working for helping hands
I worked for helping hands for five years i enjoyed every minute caring for the customer i will also say i cared for some lovely interesting people it was a privlage to do so.... I had to leave helping hands because my farther had prostrate cancer and to be honest i often think about going back to helping hands an amazing company always there when i needed advice and help
Soul Destroying
I worked for Helping Hands for nearly 10 years as a Carer and then as a Carer Trainer. I then moved on to the Solihull Branch as a Care Coordinator, I left after a year and a half as I could not take the controlling vindictive nature of the Branch Manager. I reported her to HR on many occasions along with other colleagues who reported her too. She always talked her way out of it as she has been there a very long time and is extremely manipulative. She comes across as very caring and supportive when senior members of staff are around but soon changes when they have gone. I would not recommend anyone working with this Manager unless you want to have your soul destroyed, she likes to blame her staff and make you feel worthless on a regular basis.
Pros
Many lessons learned while working for this company
Cons
Bad management at the Solihull Branch, no one cares about the staff's low morale as long as the figures are good, they dont care how it was done or how many extra hours you have put in, there is zero appreciation shown and no 'Care' in place for their staff.
Worst company EVER
No support, staff rude, no compassion, no work life balance, HR a joke that don’t reply when you complain. No structure, senior coordinators pass the book to cover there own mistakes. Staff treated appalling
Pros
Cons
Not one positive for this company
Unimpressed
There's a reason why this company are constantly advertising and it's not because they are good to work. The Manager of the branch is a joke useless and condescending and her minions that work around her aren't much better. Have nothing positive to say about this company and awful to work for.
Please AVOID at all costs
Helping Hands is by far the worst company I have ever worked for.

The directors rule by fear and if you stand up to them or are not in the 'inner circle' you are gotten rid of.

The sheer churn of staff who leave of their own accord or who are kicked out of the back door is simply astounding.

If you work here then you will be micromanaged, you will have credit taken from you for work that you have done and you will have blame put on you for departmental or company problems.

The culture is toxic. They promote themselves as a 'family run company' yet all of the 'family' has been booted out.

The HR director and COO are simply evil.

There were no parts of this job that I enjoyed, the hours were long, the pay was awful and job satisfaction was 0.

The best advice I can give you - if you are thinking of leaving a 'bad job' to join helping hands; think again. Helping Hands will be the worst decision that you will ever make.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
No job satisfaction, toxic culture, ruled by fear.