Heineken

Heineken Employee Reviews

Fantastic, from working environment to your work colleagues. Heineken are an international company and a market leader in their field, although this is very true their focus isn't just on profit margins its on their people which is simply amazing. Lucky to work here and hope to never leave.
Pros
Work
Cons
Working from home all the time
The company operation seemed smooth and the induction was well thought out. However, over time things started to unravel and with difficult operating conditions came stressful working. There was very little empathy for working from home conditions and it became apparent that there were going to be redundancies. I did not enjoy the barbed criticism and underhand methods used to achieve their headcount reduction. The culture is very hierarchical which has led to the company struggling to react to change during the pandemic and the teams are very siloed.
Pros
Good induction.
Cons
Siloed teams. Management unable to quickly react to change.
I worked for Heineken as technical operator short time. One advise- stay away from that place unless you are desperate for money. Place very unsafe - people are afraid to report an accident - manager doesn't really want to even report it. Management - no respect for other, they braks the standard of safety rules,poor manual handling, no right eqipment for work. Also behaviour of the some of the managers leaves much to be desired. Is the place where you need to work without your brain, agree with everyone and with everything. Is the place that from drain to TPM nothing works. Managers has no idea what is the lean mean, and how to treat the other people. Looks nice from outside but if you get the job you will be very disappointed. What the shame that for such a global brand people are treated as nothing.
Pros
free beer
Cons
12 hours shift on your feet with no air conditioner
Quick management turn around with some idiots filling them positions who have absolutely no people management skills at all! Lots of money being spent on new equipment but they do like to do things backwards to say the least! Lots of pressure on you as an operator. Under staffed is an understatement! If you enjoy spending 12 hours running around in a sauna then it's for you!!!!
Pros
Free beer, pension, pay.
Cons
Stand ups, extremely draining
Loved it at heienken but after 12 years ready for something new but will be sad to go. I would recomend them to anyone and you will love your time working there.
Start the day finding what job you are on, (loading or production line). Do daily check of FLT and Production Machine Follow computer system for Picking, Loading and Put-away 12 hour shift Hardest part of the job is the shift pattern with 24hour change from days to nights
Heineken is an all round good company to work for generally you are looked after and the benefits are really good difficult to move up unless your face fits
Always moving the goal posts, very stressful place to work. Management inconsistent. I spent more time working on personal development plans than work some days as I worked only two days per week.
A typical day at Heineken was Mon- Fri 0900-1700pm Internal- Sales Account Management for servicing the Star Pubs and Bars estate of Heineken within the UK. - I supported the Pub Managers in choosing which brands were right for their outlet and promoted the brands that suited their outlet - Also promoting third party brands to drive revenue and profit - Collaborated with colleagues in the team and also your virtual field sales team - Culture was very inclusive and rewarding - Hardest part of the job a lot of brands to sell in at once as a business priority to build revenue - Most enjoyable part of the job the sales satisfaction and the people
Heineken is a great place to work, fun, exciting and fast paced. Working in the Customer Hub is different every day and working with great brands and even better people make it a great place to work. I love the energy, culture and the people in the Customer Hub
I've worked for HEINEKEN for 10 years and no two days have ever been the same. I love the people, our brands and the culture. We work in the entertainment industry and that shines through in the upbeat atmosphere at work. We have a strong focus on wellbeing and inclusion and diversity that make me proud to work here. Smarter Working is encouraged so I can fit work around my life.
There have been a wide range of different management tasks and experiences here. Some UK travel opportunities and the chance to work in a wide variety of different workplaces from brewery operational to office base.
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
I was Field based VIP representative, calling on to the big 4 multiples (Tesco, JS, Asda & Morisons) in Wembley & Twickenham area. Job was fine as I was dealing with big brands and was able to get big wins however salary benefits ect... was not good at all! Further more had to take plane every month for team mettings to Scotland where head office was bassed.
I worked for Heineken on a temporary contract for 12 months. I was very unhappy at the lack of support from the management. I feel like I was set up to fail on the Star review system they had for monitoring performance. Also a Bullying culture exists on the shift I was on would not recommend if your looking for long term-OK as a gap fill job. Former Support Operator from 9/18 to 9/19
Pros
Free Beer
Cons
Nights 12hr shifts
I've never worked anywhere where shouting and moaning at every task you're given makes you well thought of by the management (even respected!) and turning up to do your job quietly and efficiently leads to you being undervalued. Don't do it, you're worth more!
An exciting place to work, Always lots of events to attend, so never a quite moment, however this can cause a negative impact on family life. There is also an expectancy to drink alcohol at every event, even on work days which then can cause issues.
Pros
Free Beer
Cons
Varied workload, focus on self development, great opportunities to work autonomously and work with some of the best agencies in the country to deliver innovative campaigns with substantial budget responsibility
Pros
work with leading agencies, big budgets ATL and BTL, on and off trade experience
Cons
Can be long hours and time away from home
Very fun to work in as you get the meet different people with different backgrounds.Management is understanding and they do take care of their staffs well.
Pros
Free beers, free food
Cons
Sometimes long hours depending on the event
from the time i spent here i was eased into a very organised daily routine and shown the ropes. very efficient way of going about things and would definitely recommend it as a workplace
I have not been here long, (and might not be much longer) Weird culture amongst shift management, they take no responsibility for anything, training bare minimum then you are left to work it out for yourself but still criticised when things are not going well Very top heavy with managers that have strange non existent jobs that they try to justify by passing stupid tasks that you must complete on top of my core role. Annual reviews that effect my bonus is impossible to achieve and impossible to justify the rating system even when all objectives are met.. They use a bell curve system that must be met regardless of how well anyone does. (grades 1 to 5 and must be populated, even if all even they must have a technical Operator who is a failure and gets rated a 1) If you can handle the politics and bull then I would recommend this job
Pros
Benefits, salary average
Cons
Junior/middle management that do not appear to have a role but still get paid
HEINEKEN are a great Company to work for, I've been there for a number of years and have positively progressed my career. I've been given lots of opportunities to develop myself and there is a culture of autonomy and delivery. There are lots of positive workplace strategies that HEINEKEN are focussing on - wellbeing, diversity and inclusion and also the CSR agenda - all of these for me make it a great place to work that aligns with my values. Ive recommended roles within HEINEKEN to a number of friends and wouldn't hesitate to do so again
Pros
Opportunity, Rewards & Benefits, Everyone knows HEINEKEN
Cons
Experience vaires depending on role / location
  1. Employee reviews