Heatons

Heatons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
I am very glad to be part of Heatons team here in Antrim town. The everyday order process is quite simple if u have a bit experience in the warehouse environment . If u do why u don't join us to see for yourself what good team we have !
Cheers
If you've been offered a job in heatons warehouse then you have hit Rock bottom low wages and only 20 hours a week hr department are a laughing stock.
I was told by agency would be a 40 hr a week perm job. was put on the the pick and was lucky to get 20 hours a week for minimum wage working 9am to 1.15pm. I strongly recommend to avoid this place.
Pros
there is none
Cons
20 hrs minimum wage
You'd be better off on the dole especially if you're get contacted hours and that's 20 hours as for any overtime it depends on were your put in the warehouse goods inwards you'll get as much as 17hours of overtime pricing as much as 10 hours of overtime if you're oin pick you'll be lucky to get 5 hours
Cons
Apart from gaining valuable experience in running a large department store, this job was a nightmare.

Management is worked into the ground and while the promise of pay is good, nothing pays your for the effects on your health and home life.

Every member of staff was stretched to the max also, with limited hours and expectation to achieve top level attention to their assigned departments.

The buyers themselves offered no support only the question as to why items weren't selling and to be honest, some of the quality of items, apart from homewares, were totally questionable.

As i say, apart from having a management postion on my C.V., this place really was the little shop of horrors.. Glad they are no more!!
The job itself was extremely easy, bordering on mind numbing but the active nature of it keeps it doable. The hours were good for my situation and overtime was available.

The company mostly only uses (and exploits) temp agency workers. They routinely sack people with no notice for taking days off. Or for whatever reason they want, there are no warnings or disciplinary process (ie normal workers rights) I think how they operate is disgusting.

There are also security guards who randomly search you on leaving the shift making you feel like some sort of criminal.

Also worth noting is there is an overwhelming majority of Polish workers, which doesn't lend to a great friendly atmosphere as they tend to only talk amongst themselves in their own language in front of you, which is rude and unsettling for an Irish native.

All in all despite being the easiest and most stress free job I've had I was in no way disappointed to be told not to come back as the general management and forign culture had disillusioned me to a high degree.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Management and culture
very good company to work for, the management staff were really nice the job itself was also good and i have enjoyed working for Heaton's, I have gained a lot of skills from the job such as team work and time managing skills.
Warehousing activities, such as picking, tagging, labeling, pricing, cleaning duties, ect

The job is quite simple and all tasks are repetitive, sometimes quite physical but balanced quite well.
Pros
simple
Cons
repetitive tasks
A typical day would be getting the tills counted up and the store ready for when the customers come in. you'll begin to serve customers and hep them find items that they may not be able to find themselves in the store. when the day is over you'll tidy the store up and get it ready for the next day and you'll have to count the tills at the end of the day. I learned how to interact with customers in a positive and professional manner. The management was excellent and helped you when they could and taught you things when you were unsure and also helped you during peak hours. the co-workers were fun to be with and kept the moral high in stressful times. They helped me with packing the items the customer bought into bags. the hardest part was trying to be quick and professional with difficult customers and in peak hours. The most enjoyable part of the Job was interacting with customers and chatting to them to make their experience in the store better.
Pros
Personal Interactions with customers
Cons
Deaing with difficutl customers
Job duties included: Providing a high standard of customer care and maintaining the stores order throughout the shift. Another aspect of the job was re-merchandising and stock taking products to present to the customers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Heatons?
working with others, good job not stressful at all. nice people. I dont know what to say more but I have to write minimum 20 words.
Managers were very understandable about sick days and why you were late. Good atomsphere to work in, as all of the other workers were friendly and always helped if any help was needed.
Even though contracted for short time I found the staff very friendly and never came home stressed out, even from a hard day of work.
I am a commercial litigator who enjoys working on fast paced disputes and resolving them in the best interest of my clients.
A well established and busy department store. Typical day at work involved making sales on tills, dealing with customer enquiries and requests, replenishing stock and general shop floor clean up