Healthcare Homes Employee Reviews

Dangerous
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, Suffolk31 October 2018
By working for this company you are putting your NMC pin number at risk. You are expected to do drug rounds for 25+residents who are all on many medications in an unrealistic time period. There is no support from manager. I nurses in their nursing home in felixstowe and the manager was a non nurse with no management skills or clinical experience
Pros
Cons
Poor work environment ans pay below band 5
Not good place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex16 July 2018
Very low pay for healthcare assistants, unpaid breaks, some people don't know a meaning of CONFIDENTIALITY. Management poor, doesn't listen their workers opinion.
Pros
Cons
A lot
good working environment
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Ipswich16 May 2018
good working environment.
not too good at the time of working there as the new manager who started after I was employed there had no experience in managing a nursing home and did not understand the home's needs
Pros
free lunches
Summary
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eaton Socon, Cambridgeshire30 January 2018
Support provided to individuals with Dementia within a nursing home environment with all aspects of daily living including palliative care. Responsible for care plans and family contact.
Happy Home !!
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stowmarket26 October 2017
No two days are the same working with Dementia , personally I feel it's an absolute privilege :) I've worked in care a very long time and this has been one of the happiest and caring environments I've come across . I'm proud to work with colleagues who give there all and actually want to continue to improve daily . The culture is quite simple , lots of laughter lots of fun with a positive attitude . We tend to go with the flow !! Management have an open door policy and will support staff in any way they can , this includes senior management . Opportunities to develop are always available . Hardest part as with any care job is sometimes long hours and unsociable hours this however is worth it for the satisfaction of doing something worthwhile .
Pros
Working in such a lovely atmosphere with lovely people, residents and staff, great management .
Cons
Long hours, unsociable hours
good company and nice workplace
RGN (Current Employee) –  Poole11 October 2016
I enjoyed working in this company.Good place and good job.But because we're moving house and the place is quite far from where we live do i decided to look for anothet job if possible bear where i live .
Pros
Cons
long day
Friendly and happy place to work
Care assisstant (Current Employee) –  Toft1 September 2016
My job is very though but very rewarding at the same time I enjoy what I do, all the members of staff are great.
I have learnt to work within a team but also independantly and how to cope with tough situations.
The hardest part of the job is when a resident goes down illness wise as you know you can only do your best but it's not always going to help them.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
I enjoy my work ensuring that the quality of care is delivered within my portfolio of homes and ensure that they are compliant with regulatory framewo
Compliance officer (Current Employee) –  Home Based - Bedfordshire, cambridgeshire, norfolk15 June 2016
My initial day starts by meeting with the home manager to receive a handover of events within the home. From this information i base my workload. I will carry out the relevant audits according to the activity in the home. I will audit new resident care plans to ensure that all documentation has been completed according to the policies and procedures. From the information i gather i will generate an action plan for the manager and will work with the manager and staff to ensure compliance.
I work with one further member of my team along with the Quality Director. We all have different backgrounds and this works really well within the quality team. We are both fully supported in our roles and have regular meetings to ensure we are up to date with Regulatory framework.
I thoroughly enjoy my work meeting all of the residents and families. They are assured that the reason i visit my portfolio of homes is to ensure that their family members are receiving the best quality care.
Pros
Working with an organisation that is quality orientated.
Cons
Living in Norfolk but travelling to Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire
Enjoyable and rewarding
Carer Bank (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, ENG8 December 2014
Lovely place to work.
Most enjoyable part of my day was to spend time with the elder generation and listen to their life stories.
Very touching and rewarding job.
Pros
amazing job in itself
Cons
not enough staff
very badly managed place and rubbish pay and awful staff
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Hillings LTD,St Neots,Cambridgeshire9 December 2012
Well I get all the old people up washed , dried of and any creams applied and then get them dressed all between 8 am and 11 am and I also prepare and feed them their breakfasts. Every 4 hours any incontinece pads that need changing are changed. The old people that need toileting are toileted as when required. The old peoples nails are kept clean and tidy and are cut as and when required. The old peoples hair is kept clean and tidy on a regular basis and as and when required. Between 12:20pm and 1:15pm ish roughly the old people are served their lunches and some are assisted with feeding them their lunches. Any people that need to be repositioned are all repositioned roughly every two hours and it is documented down on a repositioning chart. Any laundry that needs doing is done as and when required. I also have to fill in whereabouts charts to document down where certain people are roughly every 30 minutes ish, I have to fill in fluid and dietary charts, weight charts, daily progress records and record down every persons daily activities, I have to fill in incontinence charts, bathing and shaving charts, bath or shower temperature charts and many more bits of paperwork. I have learned how to care for old people properly and I have learnt how to record things in the correct way and in the correct documentation. The management in my work place is very poor and very dis organised and very un helpful. The staff are all very poorly treated and are paid a very minimal amount of money to do the job. There are also not enough staff in my work place to be able to do the job properly.  more... The staff employed do not communicate with eachother properly at all and there is a lot of back stabbing and goodness knows what behind peoples backs. I find it very hard to get on with my managers or my other colleagues so as a result I find it hard to be able to do my job properly sometimes. I enjoy looking after the old people.  less
Pros
free food and drink.
Cons
not paid enough money, not enough staff employed, poor managment.