Healthcare Homes Group Limited

Healthcare Homes Group Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom58 reviews
I have worked for Health Care Homes for 6 years and found it most rewarding, both with colleagues and residents. Thank atmoshere is good and welcoming to all visitors, whether relatives or professionals
Pros
Good staff and management. Wonderful resisidents. Good support.
I wouldn’t recommend this home at all, there were many reasons this place wasn’t suitable for me and I most certainly wouldn’t put anyone I like in here!
Pros
None really
Cons
Far too many to list
When attempting to try and completely job role within healthcare homes found vast amount of complications determining it almost impossible to do so. It is completely unorganised and unsafe numbers of staff to the workload given, it's impossible to give a good quality of care due to the amount of work the put on you, I found there wasn't the right equipment needed to fulfil the tasks given. The was an atmosphere of feeling like I was back at school with the unprofessional team which also made it difficult to get on with the job. I envy the staff for staying and working for such a hideous company that simply only care about making money rather than putting the residents first.
Cons
long hours, not enough breaks, poorly managed, rushed, exhausting, draining.
Very stressful, never enough staff, poor pay rates and lack of support from management.
No job security, work/ life balance impossible as always getting called because they are short staffed.

Poor staff morale in most homes and often expected to work short staffed as they don’t like paying for agency staff.
Bullying culture, Management don’t care! Care staff can be lazy and bully those thinking management’s favourites when actually management turn to them because they know a job will be WELL done!
Zero hour contracts so no certainty of hours!

Residents being left to get up as late as 12.30 then lunch 30mins later!

All about ticking boxes but NO CARE what so ever! I would AVOID
Company have great people to work with which feels like a family!
Great values,culture and freedom in making decisions, respectful and supportive management! You can definitely grow with them and expand your skills.
This home needs to be shut down and needs a new manager it is the staff that run the home not management never get paid right having no staff so then residents get left for ages certain unit managers with a I dont care attitude along with the manager paper work not being done properly nurses leaving pills about and carers finding them no pads or gloves or wipes people sleeping
This company are horrendous to work for. Most days you will be understaffed. The poor clients are given only the bare essentials of care if you can call it care. For the ones of us who do care it is truly horrifying the corners the company expect you to cut. You can complain til youbare blue in the face about staff members who are uncaring bordering on abuse. They say oh yes we will definitely investigate and then it is you who are given the cold shoulder I reported the home I worked in to CQC during an inspection and to my absolute horror the home was given a good rating. Obviously did not believe a word I said. Medications given incorrectly. Food was of a very poor standard. Not well led. Unresponsive to the needs of the clients. Understaffed. Clients forced to get up at 5am to help the day staff out. Forced to go to bed as early as 6pm to help the night staff out. So many things I could write a detailed essay. Do not allow your loved one to move into any of the healthcare homes and if you have a scrap of morals do not work for them. The cover ups are insane. Cried most nights when I left work. Felt guilty for ending my employment with them as I knew I was leaving clients with uncaring staff and at risk of abuse.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
The list is endless. Stay well clear.
I started here in October and cannot fault my employers. They are always supportive towards staff no matter and what and always have an open door policy. They have welcomed me with open arms and for that I am thankful.
Pros
Very friendly staff
Cons
There isnt any
As i had not worked in this sector before and i fell into the job i found it very interesting and challenging.

Loved working in the various homes and liaising with the clients as well.

The job had great benefits in terms of meeting so many different walks of life.

I learned a lot about Dementia, and in terms of my work i learnt different platforms and working with different councils and payments etc
Good company to work for . They are supportive and on top of the e learning training that have to be in place to work in this environment . Residents needs and day to day living is top priority for all management and staff
Very stressful place to work, very short staff, bullying culture, forgot about your break, rota changes all the time, they will extend your probationary period if you are not one of the favorites, you will put your career in risk if you work here.
Loved working at Meadow House
great staff, great atmosphere

very busy and a lot to remember but loved every minute of working alongside amazing people
I enjoed to work there as i learning to work as a team and people there was nice. I would recomend to anyone to work at home close . Very nice place! .
A good company to work for. Committed to ensuring Clients and staff receive effective and caring support. Training offered is of high standard and relevant to the role.
Good place to work , but not all homes are the same! It depends a lot on each individual as colleague also much more of the manger himself/herself.
As always , in life in general a bit of luck is needed !
The building is beutiful, and the care staff are lovely they all work so hard and try the best that they can for the residents with limited resourses and staff. Staff are spoken to arwfully , there is no respect for anyone there. Bad pratice goes on, when things are reported to mangenment, just get told to get on with it, its a buisness and they are here to make money, Im sorry but we are there to care for elderly people. The deputy manager lacks people skills, and speaks to people horrible, acting like she is above all, this is most likely due to lack of experience, not even holding a level 5 diploma , the head of care does, she is more experinced and qualified than the deputy.
Head of care really supportive to staff and tries to make a difference for residents and staff, but she is up against it with the office bods, feel sorry for her.

Long hours, have to pay for food when woking up to 12 hour shifts, unsafe staffing levels, rota that is badly planned and written each month, with the person writing not understanding how to add up hours, putting staff on for too many, or on holiday when they had not asked for it using holiday up, and constanly changing and expecting staff to just do as told.

Worst place ever worked
Fornham House in Bury is arwful, staff are treated so badly and sworn at, bad practice is reported and nothing is ever done, least the staff can get out but those poor old people. Things are covered up, a huge blame and bullying culture. The deputy manager is so horrible to people, no people skills what so ever she thinks she is above anyone, and will never help care staff, below her
Best company I've ever worked for in the care industry.
I honestly think it's the worst thing I did leaving.

I was poached by another company for more money but it was just not meant to be.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary and benefits.
really enjoyed working for HH. The team I worked for were fun and supportive. The job was hard at times but I always felt part of a team when needed. good company
Place itself is amazing I will admit. Lovely residents and not so bad staff though. Staff are not rewarded enough, always lack of staff too, new people not coming but old ones leaving because they are to tired. Not enough training as again they haven’t got enough staff to train you really. Long hours, no support from management at all. Time of the time looks like deputy manager is higher than manager himself. Management attitude against to staff is not acceptable, you feel like a slave most of the time. Any time you go to report issues or concerns about residents not being treated decently well- never heard anything been done about it. Staff have to pay for their lunches and receive scrums but management receive their massive portions in office at any time. No chance to grow up. If you are trying to make time for your residents and give them care they need, you will be bad for spending to much time with them. Sad though. I left because I couldn’t make any changes, management said ITS JUST A BUSINESS, and it’s ALL about MONEY. Right, I was there to care....
I wouldn’t send my parents there.
Pros
Payable brake time
Cons
Lots
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Homes Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8