Healthcare Direct Employee Reviews

Maidstone
Health Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent20 March 2019
Lovely company to work with. I’ve had a chance to work alongside a wide variety of disabilities and illnesses I never thought I ever would even with 10 years of care under my belt. Management are polite ,caring and very supportive. Good way of building holiday pay and very easy way of asking for it.
Pros
Work around your avaliabilty, someone always on call to contact
Cons
Job can be cancelled within minutes by the client major let down
Fantastic Company for those who Wish to Progress Further in their Caring Career!
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury15 March 2019
I started working with Healthcare Direct after having been with another agency for a few years prior. Their recruitment process could not be any smoother and I was well advised on the many benefits the job would entail.
I have not come across a company that is so happy to get you the work that you desire and that matches your particular skills-set. I have only been working with them for a short while, but I have got a variety of shifts under my belt since starting and have created an amicable rapport with my home branch in Ashford. The office is extremely friendly and is matched with professional integrity; making sure their workers are trained to the best standard and have updated knowledge for the placements on offer.
Their on-call service is extremely fair and someone is always there for you if you need them. What I particularly like is the app used to tell you everything about the home you are going to so there is no room for error or miscommunication.
Weekly pay, holiday pay and competitive salary rates make my job very desirable; however, what I really love about the agency is the variety of clients I get to interact with on a weekly basis. I have gained such a great rapport with these clients and hope to continue working alongside great colleagues for many years to come whilst increasing my professional portfolio.
Pros
Variety, hours to suit on a weekly basis, great work/life balance, competitive rates
Flexible
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury15 March 2019
Flexibility is super important for me and this company are so flexible and adaptable. Management are very understanding and helpful when it comes to queries and availability.
Great company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent15 March 2019
Ive only been with this company since December however I absolutely love it. The homes i go to are lovely and the office is always at the phones if theres any problems. The amount of shifts i get each week are perfect and the money helps with uni! High reccomend.
Pros
Good pay, good managers, lovely clients
Fun and friendly company
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent15 March 2019
Healthcare direct is managed by lovely staff and they are very helpful and understanding. Shifts are flexible as the healthcare assistants choose when they would like to work. This promotes a very good life-work balance which is very much needed. Pay is very good and it is WEEKLY PAY. For me, that is one of the most important parts of it.

If you’re thinking of joining a agency in care then look no further!
Pros
Good pay
Great agency to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent14 March 2019
The office staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
I get to pick the places were I would like to work.
I get to pick my hours.
The pay is good to.
Pros
Good pay
Pleasant Job Experience
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent14 March 2019
I have been working for HCD for ~5 months now and I am so glad that I took the job opportunity.

My job as a Healthcare Assistant for elderly and/or people with disabilities has above all been challenging but very rewarding. The challenging aspects of the job are lessened because the management staff are always friendly and easily contactable. I have had no issues thus far with scheduling or not receiving enough hours, and if I am not available for a period of time, when I return I quickly receive work again.

I feel that any feedback to management is welcomed.

I would recommend this agency!
Pros
Friendly management staff, range of locations, range of workplaces, reliable
Cons
Mileage not paid, food is rarely provided for agency staff at homes, timesheets take a while to be delivered
Friendly/Flexible hours
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent14 March 2019
I've been working for the tonbridge branch for over a year it is a lovely friendly company to work for flexible hours to fit around my children would highly recommend them.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Milage not paid
Best agency to work for
hca (Current Employee) –  Kent13 March 2019
this is a very good agency to work for. i get my choice of hours and where to work. very good pay and the office staff I speak to all time are fantastic would definitely recommend
Pros
good agency
Cons
Great until you need a day off
HCA and Specialist needs support worker (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent11 March 2019
Great company to work for, for the first 3 months. However after contracting norovirus from a placement I was on I ended up being off work for 3 days. Once returning to work I went from 40+ hours per week to being offered around 18hours a week as my "medical history" had been taken into consideration despite the time of being because they sent me on an assignment without warning me of the norovirus outbreak. I was informed by the home on arrival and when i confronted my boss he said "we felt you wouldn't have wanted to accept the shift."
Also other issues I have experienced include:
*Being expected to travel for 40-50 minutes and not having millage or travel time paid
*unpaid breaks without a choice, if you're on a 6 hour shift you HAVE to take two 15 minute breaks even if you feel you do not need a break, whether you take it or not the time is deducted from your wage, on a night shift you HAVE to take a 1 hour break split over the night but due to nightshifts being very quiet 60% of the time breaks are often not needed.
Pros
good wages, recruitment officer is lovely
Cons
unpaid breaks without a choice, food not provided, millage not paid
Love working for this agency
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford20 January 2019
Great, friendly management
Good hours as you get to pick and choose
Very good money
10/10 would recommend, I am very happy I work for them. The Ashford branch I work for is a delight
Pros
Good money
Cons
N/a
good company to work for
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent3 November 2017
Money is there
Work is there

All in all is perfect weekly pay 9.00 hour nights

Bank holidays pay enhanced 15.00 a hour

Have a car and work were you want.

Meet loads different people

Pros in all job assignments

Even tho you have a zero hour contract with agency work I have never worked less than fourty hours a week
Pros
wages, flexibility, work
Cons
stressful job to have

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5