Healthcare at Home Employee Reviews

Appalling
Homecare nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 January 2019
Avoid this company at all cost. Management is an absolute disgrace...unsupportive and bias.
They claim to match closest nurse to patients but this is not the case. There is clear favoritism and hard working nurses work hardest.
No career progression and clueless line manager.
The driving is long and unsafe. Nurses are only told what schedule they have the day before and after 3pm.
Nurses who are well versed with care are micro managed and rude emails often sent by line manager.
Cons
Poorly managed poor work culture no progression
Pharmacy Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire7 January 2019
This was the worse place I've ever worked by far. There is no structure, management or team spirit at all. There is no career progression or job satisfaction.

The whole time i was there I felt micro managed and patronised for the smallest of tasks. The people are not enjoyable to work with as they suck the life out of everything. There is too much work politics- he said; she said culture.

I felt I was just working aimlessly there was no target or goal to achieve. I was promised regular reviews every quarterly and never was fulfilled. The training was beyond diabolical as the co-workers were not even remotely trained with poor communication and teaching methods.
Pros
Hours and shifts
Cons
Poor structure poor management poor team spirit poor communication
Bad Management
HOME INTRAVENOUS THERAPY NURSE (Current Employee) –  London, UK16 December 2018
long-days without a proper breaks, and lots of driving UK ,Bad and poor management not good its in balanced,patients are lovely. not good to recommend
Pros
lovely patients and supportive nursing staffs
Cons
long-days, poor management. no career progression. more driving than ussual
Not where you want to be
Homecare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey23 August 2018
Blame culture, nasty management in the office and another just a bad area manager whom have created a new blame culture and have driven away majority of our hard working clinicians, should be ashamed of themselves. Don't go here, I doubt it will last much longer, plus you will not feel like a healthcare professional with you own opinion on aspects of care when trying to defend patients care plans because then the ever so professional manager moans about what a difficult team we are, doesn't back us up, very inexperience and unprofessional and moans about all the staff to another of the scrouges in the office.

Very sad as used to be a great place and fantastic management both on site and area manager, but how this has changed. Go elsewhere for the sake of your pin and morale.
Pros
Great collegues who have left or in process of
Cons
Everything else!
Amazing, welcoming atmosphere
Customer and patients services therapy coordinator (Current Employee) –  Featherstone1 August 2018
I started as a Temp through agency and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. 120 call target is well achievable (15 calls ph) along with other targets such as raised order, 241's, all day time deliveries etc...
Liaising with hospitals and pharmacists with queries, which are always quickly resolved, reporting concerns/events such as reactions to medications and not taking due to illness for example. Large kitchen facility with fridges, microwaves a freezer and all the basics including vending machines and free hot drinks machine. I couldn't have asked for better team leaders and trainers, they managed to get us all up and running on calls within a week, as everything is so easy to pick up as you go along. Sometimes you get a difficult customer who is hostile, agitated, not compliant, however this is the same with most jobs so once the call is over and you have sorted out the issue its forgotten about. Very genuine people and personalities sand I like to think I have made some long tome friends along the way. Frequent dress down days. Twice daily hot and cold food van. Sometimes you can chip in to deliver food.
Pros
company is a pleasure to work for, good pay, kitchen facilities, lovely atmosphere
Cons
walk to nearest bust stop can be annoying, just wish I'd have been taken on permanently
Long and rubbish pay
Customer and Patient Services Therapy Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire30 July 2018
Full on and busy, expected to undertake all tasks, not much training very basic. Short breaks and strict.
Some days were ok, and some you wanted to pull your hair out.
The most enjoyable part of the day was having a little chat with other people in the office. Even that was a crime.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks, rubbish pay
Best career move
Children's homecare nurse (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 July 2018
Left the nhs to work for HaH and couldn't be happier. Thorough training and support out in the field. Management fully supportive and attentive. Lots of admin and driving but that was made clear from the start. Huge emphasis on patients being the priority and I value the ethos of working to support the nhs rather than competing with it.
Pros
supportive management, patient centred care
I was providing of added value
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire4 July 2018
As a Software Engineer I developed with a team of software developer, application able to automate the Nurses work at field.
I was in charge of creating the software, coding some bits in C# and manage a small team
Pros
Full benefits package
Cons
Not at all, when requred were always pleasant
Where you want to be
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire25 June 2018
Great company with exciting times ahead, genuinely care about the patients and employees and are putting great things in place to develop further in the future.

Very focused on progressing individuals and training, having 'the academy' with a wealth of courses.
Pros
great people, training and working environment
Cons
communication can be difficult sometimes
Healthcare
Warehouse Administrator/Purchasing/Stock (Former Employee) –  Warehouse11 June 2018
Great colleagues enjoyed working there but told the business was moving to burton
Could not relocate due to family commitment

Enjoyed learning about medicines and stick control
Training
Regional Bank Driver (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
Very good training. Very approachable. Good team building days.
Schedule changed very quickly which would could be frustrating but understandable.
Had to use own vehicle.
Pros
good training
Cons
use of own vehicle
yh
Delivery Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kings Langley, Hertfordshire18 April 2018
all good apart from not everyday you have a route. they supply a van everyday which you have to check over and load up and check the items with manifest
Not equal opportunity company
Home Iv Nurse (Former Employee) –  Essex25 February 2018
Bad management not very supportive. target driving careless about nurse welfare or patient well being. Despite nurse hard work, could not support staff at the most difficult moment.
Pros
overtime payment and regular
Cons
long hours driving and unsupported management
Shame about management
Field nurse (Current Employee) –  south9 February 2018
I love the patient facing time but find more and more of it is in my own time.
Nothing is transparent, work load can be excessive with no back up if needed from line manager, I truly believe management would let you drown then actively help you.
The nursing team are great , but there is no progression despite the fact the company promotes it does help with career progression.
Working life balance is shocking, off duty often not done, work more days one week as hours are balanced over the month not week, this is exhausting especially if have to stay late due to an unwell patient.
Rules seem to change depending on what they need to fit, management are sly and passively bullying.
It's not a good company to work for, don't believe all you are told on interview.
If they promise you something get it on paper as they will deny it later on!
Positive things are great interesting patients, downside is very high staff turn over and crazy staff shortage which is not able to be covered by agency but still keep bringing patients onto service making the work load too demanding.
Pros
Lovely nurses to work with
Cons
Management change goals daily, too high work load, have to work in own time and toil not acknowledged by manager
welcoming and informative staff
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent23 January 2018
HaH is a great company which deliver great services to their patients, making them a priority. A very welcoming atmosphere that allows for a great understanding of the company and the way in which each process has a vital role.
Fun place
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Featherstone8 January 2018
Great place to work at with good management structure and employee benefits. Pay was the only issue i found working there. I’d recommend this company 100%
Stressful and long hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hook, Hampshire5 January 2018
I did a days training and was invited back for a buddy day. When I got to depot,I was handed some keys and paperwork and told "off you go"! Had to teach myself how to work HHT
Seeing different parts of the country was nice and job was very rewarding. But only wanted p/t work and was getting texts late at night about next days work
Pros
Depot staff were helpful
Cons
Some long days and insufficient training
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Featherstone11 December 2017
Best place I did my work experience. So glad I choose
To do it here. Had an amazing mentor and could ask about anything and raise any concerns. I enjoyed stocking and counting the stock and also just learning about the company and different drugs/medicines. Was sad to ole age after my work experience. I would love to work here
Ok
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire12 October 2017
Working life is good nice people to work with.
However management make many promises and never follow through have to chase them up for things to be done.
Great experiance
Warehouse trainer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire19 September 2017
This company is the best company I have ever worked for. What you do there really does make a difference to somebody life. People working there take great pride in their role and the management are very friendly and approachable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthcare at Home Reviews by Location