Healthcare at Home Employee Reviews

nightmare
Accuracy checking technician (Former Employee) –  Featherstone15 June 2018
management is not compitent

all sort of favours for favourites

very racist

no benefits

not ideal environment to work

health and safety issues every day

no opportunity to develop
Healthcare
Warehouse Administrator/Purchasing/Stock (Former Employee) –  Warehouse11 June 2018
Great colleagues enjoyed working there but told the business was moving to burton
Could not relocate due to family commitment

Enjoyed learning about medicines and stick control
Training
Regional Bank Driver (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
Very good training. Very approachable. Good team building days.
Schedule changed very quickly which would could be frustrating but understandable.
Had to use own vehicle.
Pros
good training
Cons
use of own vehicle
yh
Delivery Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kings Langley, Hertfordshire18 April 2018
all good apart from not everyday you have a route. they supply a van everyday which you have to check over and load up and check the items with manifest
Shame about management
Field nurse (Current Employee) –  south9 February 2018
I love the patient facing time but find more and more of it is in my own time.
Nothing is transparent, work load can be excessive with no back up if needed from line manager, I truly believe management would let you drown then actively help you.
The nursing team are great , but there is no progression despite the fact the company promotes it does help with career progression.
Working life balance is shocking, off duty often not done, work more days one week as hours are balanced over the month not week, this is exhausting especially if have to stay late due to an unwell patient.
Rules seem to change depending on what they need to fit, management are sly and passively bullying.
It's not a good company to work for, don't believe all you are told on interview.
If they promise you something get it on paper as they will deny it later on!
Positive things are great interesting patients, downside is very high staff turn over and crazy staff shortage which is not able to be covered by agency but still keep bringing patients onto service making the work load too demanding.
Pros
Lovely nurses to work with
Cons
Management change goals daily, too high work load, have to work in own time and toil not acknowledged by manager
welcoming and informative staff
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent23 January 2018
HaH is a great company which deliver great services to their patients, making them a priority. A very welcoming atmosphere that allows for a great understanding of the company and the way in which each process has a vital role.
Fun place
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Featherstone8 January 2018
Great place to work at with good management structure and employee benefits. Pay was the only issue i found working there. I’d recommend this company 100%
Stressful and long hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hook, Hampshire5 January 2018
I did a days training and was invited back for a buddy day. When I got to depot,I was handed some keys and paperwork and told "off you go"! Had to teach myself how to work HHT
Seeing different parts of the country was nice and job was very rewarding. But only wanted p/t work and was getting texts late at night about next days work
Pros
Depot staff were helpful
Cons
Some long days and insufficient training
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Featherstone11 December 2017
Best place I did my work experience. So glad I choose
To do it here. Had an amazing mentor and could ask about anything and raise any concerns. I enjoyed stocking and counting the stock and also just learning about the company and different drugs/medicines. Was sad to ole age after my work experience. I would love to work here
Ok
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire12 October 2017
Working life is good nice people to work with.
However management make many promises and never follow through have to chase them up for things to be done.
Great experiance
Warehouse trainer (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire19 September 2017
This company is the best company I have ever worked for. What you do there really does make a difference to somebody life. People working there take great pride in their role and the management are very friendly and approachable.
Poor Management / Amazing Tean
Recovery at Home Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northwest25 August 2017
The Team where unbelievably dedicated and a wonderful bunch. The Management from top to bottom was appalling and never supported the team members in anyway. The hours where long as there was always too much work to do and not enough resource to complete it. We never minded though as the patients needed us. I would never return to this company as the organisation was awful and as an individual your voice was never heard....
Pros
Car/Fuel Card/Expenses Paid
Cons
Management (from Top to Bottom) / Structure / Organisation / Work life balance
Interesting
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Stanmore, Greater London19 July 2017
Opportunities of working in different settings, allow me to draw clinical expertise from them; community general, community neuro/highly specialised, step down in patient community rehabilitation centres, nursing homes, homes and hospital.
Don't expect a life
Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Midlands15 July 2017
Worked here for a short time. Organisation poor poor poor. Management poor poor poor, no worklife balance at all. Unrealistic schedule and forced to do overtime every day. Scheduling is rediculous and training is death by PowerPoint.
Work load is high and benefits low
Pros
Car
Cons
Everything else
Great teamwork, not so great management
Logistics Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire28 June 2017
A busy place to work, however the company seem to like to put more and more work onto the teams without providing anymore resource, causing more pressure for the employees and more errors to be made.
The employees themselves are brilliant, fantastic teamwork, always try to do what they can for the customer
Half decent company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Featherstone, West Yorkshire21 May 2017
Good company
Just need to put more thought into job planning and preparation
Job has no benefits and isn't the best
But not the worst either
Would go back if I was deaperate
Pros
Cons
Nobe
Good
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Featherstone, West Yorkshire19 May 2017
I have worked there for 4 years and have enjoyed my time but now it's time for a change and a step forward in life. it will be hard to say goodbye to good friends made
Keep away !!!
Driving technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon26 April 2017
Be prepared to drive 14hrs a day for several months when you start Management will insist knowingly breaking the law.Zero hours contract and not guaranteed work every day.They will text your start time the night before if you are lucky at about 21:30pm so don't plan an early night.Management really are ignorant and arrogant and if it was not for the senior drivers in my local depot (Plymouth) the company would collapse fact !!! .
Pros
Good hard working drivers
Cons
Management, wages, long illegal hours, oh did I mention the management
good place to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire24 April 2017
I do enjoy my job though management can be better as do not come across very professional at times or shall I say most of the times,

overall its a good place to work for if u have no bills to pay and just work for the sake of having a job to keep your car running :)
Pros
my team leader is amaziing
Cons
management as a whole-
Can be very draining.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom19 April 2017
A typical day at work usually involves waiting for your medication delivery which is often late, sometimes with no update on times. Then you attend to your patients, some days it can be difficult to plan days as the times you scheduled to see patients are unrealistic. After your long day with usually no break time you can return home and begin your admin. This can usually take some time, usually 1-2hrs although management only allocate us 30mins for this so it goes into your personal time.
Management always seems to be changing.
Rarely get to see colleagues, only ever get to see them at team meetings which should be monthly but usually isn't the case.
Oncall can be very long and management will expect you to work on top of this on weekends if someone is sick or there isn't enough staff. Weekend work is usually once a month. Work usually goes into your personal time. Journey times can be very long, doing 100-200 miles a day. As you are expected to call patients the night before you see them which can mean you are hanging around your phone all evening waiting for a patient to get back to you, this also makes it very difficult if you are on annual leave.
Enjoyable if you have continuity with your patients which isn't always the case. Patient facing time is average.
Pros
Company car, Fuel card, expenses paid
Cons
Long hours, long journey, lonely

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Healthcare at Home Reviews by Location