Health Education England

Health Education England Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
Productive, fast changing environment
Hard work ethic expected to produce the required results, with a very high level of confidentiality at all times. Flexible working available at appropriate times of the year.
fun and happy atmostphere nice people to work with
calling panellist and candidates preparing interview packs printing for speciality interviews being a timer and invigilator and a runner. working as a team .
Pros
people are lovely to work with and see your worth and what you can do
Cons
not always a 9-5 job if dealing with interviews
Admin Role
Unorganised and was going through change when I started. There was not enough work once I started and on my first day
it was announced the team was going to go through redundancies.

Treat people unfairly.
Bullying culture, high stress levels
Management pass the buck of responsibility when they do not know the answer to things,
Bullying is the order of the day,

Being stressed will happen daily

Job starts of well, then stress gets to you

Unless you are with a certain crowd, promotion is impossible,

On the other hand, it has been known for someone to interview for a job 4 times before they get it.
Review
I am not prepared to complete.
I feel that this is not relevant to me updating my employer status and do not feel comfortable completing.

Linda Harrison
Learnt several process in dealing with stakeholders and NHS Trust.
Working partnership with other organisation and requesting information required.

Dealing senior management to produced report as needed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Nice and friendly place to work
The co-workers were mostly young and unexperienced people who can gain an experience by training-through-work. The management staff is very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Difficult to be promoted
Communications experience with NHS
I managed the marketing communications for the Thames Valley area for Health Education England, who support the delivery of excellent healthcare and health improvement to the patients and public of England. Managed all internal and external communications including a major rebranding project which included updating the visual identity of the organisation, reinforcing the new brand values and updating all content for the new website.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Health Education England?
Hostile working environment
I conducted many advisory meetings, setting up meetings and taking minutes. There was no collaborative working and felt the working environment was hostile.
If you must
The bullying culture is too prevelant. There is a lot of favouritism and nepotism all the way to management. You must be strong willed to work here. There is also a hierarchy culture where the senior management doesn’t appreciate the work done by the staff under them.
Cons
Flexi workinf
No flexibility
I spent 4 months working for the Assessments team as a part time administrator.
There is low morale amongst the team, as some staff were directed into the role following a structure redesign so didn't really want to be there.

The working hours and travel were not made clear, even though I specified the hours I was limited to at interview and at the point of job offer. The hours were revealed during week 2 of being in the role. I had to find another job, so HEE wasted my time and their own as they had to re-recruit to the vacancy I left behind.

No career progression, as HEE staff are not privy to NHS internal job opportunities.

Unfriendly atmosphere within the team.
Pros
Met some lovely colleagues
Cons
Hours are subject to change, and require someone who can be flexible
Good culture in workplace
There is a very support culture within this organisation. I work in Workforce Development which practices a "high trust" eway of working, in that they enable you to be autonomous in your work with the expectation that you will highlight any problems.
Pros
Good working practices
Cons
Sometimes lots of demanding work
Wonderful
Perfect job! lovely helpful people. beautiful surroundings.
Training all provided, internal courses, wonderful place to develop your skills and learn about yourself!

A bit to far for me to travel now unfortunately.
Pros
beautiful place
Cons
stressful
Hard working environment
This is a great place to work but the work is hard, fast and furious and you must be 100% committed to delivering to tight deadlines and timescales.
Its a rewarding job with regular praise, reassessment and review.
Pros
easy commutable with free parking
Cons
occasional long hours
Great fun place to work
Health Education England is a great place to work. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful.

I have worked here for four months and have enjoyed my experience very much. No day is the same and I enjoy the variety of tasks that I am asked to do.

I have learnt to use E-portfolio and intrepid systems but I still have so much to learn in these systems.

The managers are great to work for and very approachable and open to new ideas and suggestions.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Alot of the staff work from home so can't always get an answer right away
Continuous change taking its toll
During my years at HEE I was always satisfied with management, the culture and opportunities to develop and progress. Constant and sometimes ill thought out change have unfortunately taken their toll on the culture within the organisation, making it a less happy place to be and often very challenging environment.
Very supportive environment. Good management culture. Encouragement of work life balance. Nice working environment. Training offered where appropriate.
A rewarding place to work
I really enjoyed working at HEE. The work was rewarding and challenging and there was a supportive environment but that could be different within different teams. The main down side was the constant organisational restructuring.
Friendly Staff
Good atmosphere within the team and with leadership.

Overall had a good balance between Work Life and Job Balance.

Job Security / Advancement and Overall Organisation Culture ultimately let it down
Changing Ethos
Company is in a period of transition. Organisational change occurred before the Cultural change and they are playing catchup a little.

Lack of leadership in Senior management positions, a gulf forming between the staff and the executives.

Overall would not recommend working there.
Having an impact
A typical day involves supporting various projects and staff sitting within the Corporate Office.

I have learnt a great deal about project and programme management, with lots of hands on experience.

The culture is positive, we work towards creating a better healthcare workforce, much behind the scenes, so we gain a lot of meaning and purpose from our role.

The hardest part is being controlled by the government and NHS England.

The most enjoyable part is working alongside people i can gain valuable insight from and build symbiotic relationships with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Education England. Our community is ready to answer.