Heads Recruitment Employee Reviews

Dynamic and fast paced workplace
Resourcer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 June 2017
Excellent place to work, always kept busy and supported by fantastic management.

Most difficult aspect of the role was aiding agency workers with their queries.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by energetic and interesting people.
your services are no longer required and laid off, head requirement
Handling (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 June 2017
After being employed only 2 months I heard over the phone your services are no longer required and laid off, head requirement didn't care...

I have asked why? He said because I was slow at the handling.
Which it can't be true cause I have had a long period experience working for a lots different companies at the same kind of job. And I have always bee one of the best worker ever!!
Staff treated like piece of meat
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2017
worked at great bear, management was only interested in targets, worked there almost 2 months, went in for normal shift and when awaiting to be assigned to work area, either hand balling on containers unloading or working on table, packing, management basically tells you, 'your services are no longer required and laid off, head requirement didn't care...
Pros
working
Cons
short breaks, and treated like piece of meat.
lack of career progression
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 June 2017
whilst working at HEADS i have noticed other members o staff who have been with the company 15+ years have not progressed or had the opportunity to progress.
Pros
Friday beers
The worst agency ever
Warehouse Packer (Former Employee) –  Aps31 May 2017
They would never answer the phone the pay was bad
No one spoke it was boring nothing fun about it
Didnt learn anything i already knew 8:00 - 4:30 the job always consisted of the polish being together nothibg against them bit they never switch people around no one spoke go to the toilet they go mad you do anything wrong the go mad or send you home
Pros
Cons
One days work and they mess around with your pay
Decent employers
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester26 April 2017
I was actually assigned to one of their client companies as a temp worker, not actually at Heads itself. The staff there were helpful and did what they could for the people that they were responsible for, but had little control over availability of work and pay rates, which were determined by the client company. My ratings above relate to Heads, with the exception of Salary/Benefits and Job Security/Advancement, which were outside their control (hence the lower ratings). The pros and cons below relate to the assignment, although Heads do seem to only deal with these types of work.
Pros
Paid breaks (except lunchtime)
Cons
Temp work at minimum wage with little chance of advancement.
Waste of time
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire11 April 2017
Applied for a job that was supposed to be ongoing. Had the induction , recieved a phone call giving me a start date. Went to work on that date ,later that eveing recieved a phone call saying not to go back next day. Found out someone else was doing that job on that day. Tried to find out why but no one would contact me. Absolutely disgusted by the way I was treated
Cons
Make you think you have a job when you dont
hard to say but i'd hold off and speak to ther agencies first
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  morely8 April 2017
While waiting for notice for redundancy ( although while working at a warehouse heads recruitment was my employer...DHL won our contract and heads didn't have anything lined up for me ) I didn't get anything in way of work offers from them for ages ........ thinking like a few reviews in here my needs and requirements wasn't taken into account and you most certainly DONT here anything back even though you may be over qualified for a position advertised......
would recomend if looking for entry positions
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 March 2017
Although the agents are being nice and understanding its hard to get in touch with them, also they didnt match the job with the criteria I asked them to .
Packer/sweets
packer of sweets (Former Employee) –  shepcoat lane, tinsley12 March 2017
Great team environment by backside, it is an environment of no talking, eating sweets, no toilet breaks, supervisor spies, too many people telling you what to do, burping, no lockers, cannot access building, sent home with no pay, no shifts some weeks, late pay, references not checked, eastern European paradise.
Pros
free high vis
Cons
must reach 110%packing rate.
None existence
Never got any acknowledgment (Former Employee) –  Doesn't even exist27 February 2017
This job is constantly being advertised clearly none existent heads don't even acknowledge your application nobody to get hold of does this firm even exist?
Pros
Ridiculous
Cons
Plz don't apply this job does not exist
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 February 2017
good workplace, nice people.
decent wage
good working hours
good management
learned alot of new things working in this job
hardest part of job is the heavy lifting
Very good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 February 2017
Cleaner nottingham was taken on full time at company .treated really well by adam who always checked ok when ever he was on site first proper time used agency and was really good experiance thankyou adam at heads
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 January 2017
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion.

as soon as you start settling somewhere you are pulled out before you get offered a long term contract, with out any expectancy, so you never know when you are going to leave or how long you will be somewhere, you are expected to work like a robot or get dropped, what they say goes even if it means working straight 12 hour shifts 2 days in row before coming back to working 3 10 hour shifts after.

unfair working conditions
Cons
inconsiderate long hours with short breaks
Mixed
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleckheaton.21 November 2016
I have worked for Heads for app 12 months. I was taken on by one company they supply but was laid off further down the line which was nothing to do with agency and when i went back to heads they got me straight back in to work. I think there a brilliant agency to work for
not worth joining
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Heywood18 November 2016
they don't offer any work. they use you only when needed. bad agancy. hard to get hold of anyone and when you do they speak to you like dirt . I wouldn't work for them ever again
Cons
adam
Bd job interview in Bradford
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford City Centre16 November 2016
I didn't get as far as the interview had me waiting and didn't get seen I was supposed to be going for a job not a doctors appointment having someone waiting is disgusting
Better off on dole
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2016
Your probably better off signing on down your local Jobcentre simply because you register and they say they are waiting on start dates for people.. Days turn into weeks weeks turn into months in relying on work from ghost company's. I've received plently of texts for day work cos someone hasn't bothered turning up for the shift an they use YOU to fill it so they don't get a bad look for their company. Absolutely shocking what goes on or shall I say what doesn't happen it's not a recruitment company at all fake advertisement
Pros
Get a text to make you look important by getting loads of texts
Cons
No work
packing sweets
packer-mug (Former Employee) –  tinsley great bear10 September 2016
Great Bear Warehouse. Shocking place to work. If you do not reach a hourly packing target of 100% you are threatened with sack. Reach a target of around 95% they are on your back. Get over 105% per hour they still want more per hour. Not organised, working with people who cannot speak English, too many people telling you off for minor things, cannot talk to each other. No locker, just leave personal items in canteen for others to go through. Send you home at click of their finger, hours not guaranteed. Some weeks no work, work one day have 3 off then work one day 5 off, rubbish Radio playing same music.
Avoid unless you enjoy being really messed around and treated like dirt on a shoe. Receive text saying sorry no work next week we will let you know when you are back in.
Pros
Free high vis vest
Cons
too many chiefs un-organised, no clear systems in place
Able to develop new skills
Prepping documents for scanning (Former Employee) –  Sale22 July 2016
I have learn to prep documents for scanning and indexing , sometimes under great pressure in a very busy environment.Worked as part of a team ,making friends ,I have enjoyed this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heads Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9