Heads Recruitment Pay & Benefits reviews

Good agency
Picker, Packer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 May 2018
Working with Heads not for long time. All seems good, Pay rates is alright. Different shifts provided, just not much jobs at the moment.
Was working night shifts in Oldham, job is not difficult at all, easy going and helpful people there. Positive.
i did a 7.5 tonne test there with wrong details on it
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 April 2018
i went for 7.5 tonne job the promised me 10 pound an hour heavy lifting and installing included i did cpc test there that had an old system of breaks and driving time not uptodate with eu rules i had a polish man interview me who could not even speak english well.
then i never got any calls for any jobs thankfully after reading all theses reviews wasted an hour and half of my time there plus taking time out to travel there half a day gone in total .
i am finding most agencies trying to offer bottom dollar for jobs and not being fair these days there should be a law against it 20 years ago i made 10 pound an hour i am being offerd now as little as 9 pound an hour plus there trying to give flat rate no time and half england has gone to pot . they expect me to drive 7.5 tonne truck deal with customer plan routes do heavy lifting labouring installing appliances for less tha 10 pound an hour some places work through my breaks get up at 4 am to br at work for 5am and work till the last job even if it means working 15 hours wtf is going on modern day slavery we are not free we are all prisoners we think we are free human right are a joke the harder u work the less u earn cost of living exceeds theses rates of pay every one should be on a minimum wage of 12 pound an hour to live normal then the taxes insurance ect ect
Decent employers
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester26 April 2017
I was actually assigned to one of their client companies as a temp worker, not actually at Heads itself. The staff there were helpful and did what they could for the people that they were responsible for, but had little control over availability of work and pay rates, which were determined by the client company. My ratings above relate to Heads, with the exception of Salary/Benefits and Job Security/Advancement, which were outside their control (hence the lower ratings). The pros and cons below relate to the assignment, although Heads do seem to only deal with these types of work.
Pros
Paid breaks (except lunchtime)
Cons
Temp work at minimum wage with little chance of advancement.
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 February 2017
good workplace, nice people.
decent wage
good working hours
good management
learned alot of new things working in this job
hardest part of job is the heavy lifting
heads
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG21 October 2015
it was good an fun it learned me how to do many things such as order picking and how to work as a team in the industuy its a good recruitment agenacy
Pros
free dinners
Cons
long hours b
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG28 October 2014
I learnt to be patient and thanks to the team management and my co-workers were brilliant and I had enjoyed working there.
Pros
3 break a day
Like most of agency ...
Forklift truck driver (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale, ENG20 April 2014
Most of recruitment agency think if they offer you work for a 6.5 p/h its a great offer for you...
Sorry but most people in these days can barley survive for that kind money.
Don't be surprised if no one will wont to stay in factory or warehouse if you will pay flat rate at minimum wage.
Heads Recruitment .. did you try to call them about work ???
You can spend weeks calling to office etc. no answer .. just voice mail.
Agency earn money from what we work out in not easy jobs. And its hard for them to answer phone, or replay to email... !
admin worker
admin worker (Former Employee) –  Sale29 March 2014
Not very helpful agency,not enough work.Problems with payment for holidays.Not reliable people working there.Sorry cause it used to b very good agency...used to b.
not a good agencie
driver (Former Employee) –  elland15 January 2014
Heads have drivers doing the same job on different rates of pay , they also never call you back when they are supposed to , how they keep the agency going and there customers happy I have no idea
Pros
no pros
Cons
they are not honest about your hourly rate