Heads Recruitment Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

job agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  linco ltd carrington9 January 2019
have a personnel job manager which is very helpful if any work related problems occur,which can be resolved more quickly
This typical job was a firm called Linco Ltd which packed various sun cream/hand cream products
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
some times short notice of contract termination if not required
False advertising
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire12 June 2018
Apply for a position knowing my work history fits the position to be told they would meet me in my erea to register for it to be cancelled last minute dont call you back to re arrange then put the position up again then when you phone them they say they need forklift driver even though the job advertisement doesnt mention anything regarding any license agency's like this should be shut down
Pros
None needs closing down
Cons
False advertise, arrange interveiw then txt you 5 mins before when you have already arrived to cancel, then dont hear back after saying they will contact you
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 March 2018
This agency was awful, they make the roles sound fantastic but different story when you start i always got put in places with polish workers(nothing against them) but when your trying to learn of somebody who doesnt speak english i felt stupid as you dont understand what your supposed to be doing. I want early shifts which the agency said was fine but then got stuck on lates. Never got my weej in had back when i left. Id never go to this agency again one minute they say its full time the next your only getting one day a week no good for people who want job security and stability.
Pros
Cons
Working with people who dont speak english. No hours
Con artists
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale, Lancashire26 April 2018
Very very very poor, you can call up about job vacancies they are advertising, only after days trying to get hold of somebody do they answer and say either no more work available or they set you on for a day or 2 then get shot of you, and for the odd days you do manage to get work they don't pay you on time and send you home early anyway
Pros
Zero
Cons
Too many
Waste of time
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oldham8 March 2018
Don't bother registering with this agency, attended an unpaid 4 hour induction at Great Bear, not a single shift in 3 weeks, other than the one next day prior to my induction, they knew I was currently working so could have attended that shift.

Later on rang numerous times raising queries if there is work elsewhere, promised call backs which never happened.

Ironically the recruiter for heads no longer works there! Have just phoned to ask them to unregister me.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
waste of time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
Waste of time they are also pay you peanuts for working in hard fast paced environments I wouldn't personally work there go for a interview all you will get is waste of time
Good Agency
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 March 2018
I've worked on numerous assignments for this company and they have always been good. Always paid on time and always come back to me. A lot of the work they give is hard but I like that.
Pros
Lots of work available
Cons
Too much gossip and bullying backstabbing lack of communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 October 2017
Started a job lasted a day due to bullying in work place I told agency they said they have had similar problems so they found me somewhere else I enjoyed the work it was a good experience but some of the workers were not very nice people I did 3 weeks at the company I went in and was sent home I contacted agency no reply for few days after numerous text and failed calls they finally told me I was no longer needed but I was told the work would be ongoing they then offered me previous place that I lasted a day at which I declined heard nothing since and believe others are in sane predicament as me .
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks and very rushed at timez
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 January 2017
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion.

as soon as you start settling somewhere you are pulled out before you get offered a long term contract, with out any expectancy, so you never know when you are going to leave or how long you will be somewhere, you are expected to work like a robot or get dropped, what they say goes even if it means working straight 12 hour shifts 2 days in row before coming back to working 3 10 hour shifts after.

unfair working conditions
Cons
inconsiderate long hours with short breaks
Good company to work for
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester17 March 2018
Enjoy working with the company great people to work with and very nice aswell can find you work straight away and you can work the hours that suit you
Worse Agency ever
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
Signed up with these lot two weeks ago.. went for an induction day at a warehouse in cheadle on the Friday promised work on the Monday. Monday came no call was ringing the office and finally got through to someone they said that the work would be this week still nothing rung them a couple of times after that still the same excuse. Don’t waste your time with this agency they promise you work then don’t give it.
Fraudulent company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham19 December 2017
Do yourself a favour...... Just stay clear

They refuse to pay you correctly by using excuse after excuses, and when you question them, they get really arrogant and pretty much tell you "there's nothing you can really do"........ Got ACAS involved in the end
Pros
You get SOME work..... Just don't get paid for it
Cons
WAY to many to list
productivity
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 January 2018
cultural, nice, enjoyable. Typical day at work was easy, sometimes busy. cultural place, nice people, managers. i learned cooperate with workers and managers.
rubbish place to work
Great Bear- Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  buckshaw village9 November 2015
you cannot get hold of them when needed.
No respect what so ever for the staff, you are looked down at.
The pay is terrible for the hours you have to work.
you cant have a day off when you are very ill, But on the other hand the management can go home half way through the shift with a cough.

The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
na
Cons
long hours for little pay
Don't bother..Trust me!
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Chorley1 November 2014
Managers of business (not heads!) need to get off their high horses.
Watched 24/7 on cctv, at least some level of trust needed?
Floor managers are radio'd by the big boss watching the cctv if he sees anything such as employees checking phones..
Will sack you on the spot for no reason at all
They make sure you know your replaceable
Disgusting and heads allow it to happen so just as bad as the company sent to work for.
Only good thing was the other agency staff, lovely down to earth people who hate the job as much as you but are stuck there because of money.
Permanent employees treat you like rubbish and was sworn at a few times by them in the space of 2 hours.
Never been so shocked by a workplace ever before.
Pros
Other agency workers are what keep you there
Cons
management
Staff treated like piece of meat
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2017
worked at great bear, management was only interested in targets, worked there almost 2 months, went in for normal shift and when awaiting to be assigned to work area, either hand balling on containers unloading or working on table, packing, management basically tells you, 'your services are no longer required and laid off, head requirement didn't care...
Pros
working
Cons
short breaks, and treated like piece of meat.
hard to say but i'd hold off and speak to ther agencies first
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  morely8 April 2017
While waiting for notice for redundancy ( although while working at a warehouse heads recruitment was my employer...DHL won our contract and heads didn't have anything lined up for me ) I didn't get anything in way of work offers from them for ages ........ thinking like a few reviews in here my needs and requirements wasn't taken into account and you most certainly DONT here anything back even though you may be over qualified for a position advertised......
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG28 October 2014
I learnt to be patient and thanks to the team management and my co-workers were brilliant and I had enjoyed working there.
Pros
3 break a day
heads
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG21 October 2015
it was good an fun it learned me how to do many things such as order picking and how to work as a team in the industuy its a good recruitment agenacy
Pros
free dinners
Cons
long hours b
Better off on dole
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2016
Your probably better off signing on down your local Jobcentre simply because you register and they say they are waiting on start dates for people.. Days turn into weeks weeks turn into months in relying on work from ghost company's. I've received plently of texts for day work cos someone hasn't bothered turning up for the shift an they use YOU to fill it so they don't get a bad look for their company. Absolutely shocking what goes on or shall I say what doesn't happen it's not a recruitment company at all fake advertisement
Pros
Get a text to make you look important by getting loads of texts
Cons
No work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heads Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9