Heads Recruitment Employee Reviews in Manchester

Too much gossip and bullying backstabbing lack of communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 October 2017
Started a job lasted a day due to bullying in work place I told agency they said they have had similar problems so they found me somewhere else I enjoyed the work it was a good experience but some of the workers were not very nice people I did 3 weeks at the company I went in and was sent home I contacted agency no reply for few days after numerous text and failed calls they finally told me I was no longer needed but I was told the work would be ongoing they then offered me previous place that I lasted a day at which I declined heard nothing since and believe others are in sane predicament as me .
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks and very rushed at timez
Dynamic and fast paced workplace
Resourcer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 June 2017
Excellent place to work, always kept busy and supported by fantastic management.

Most difficult aspect of the role was aiding agency workers with their queries.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by energetic and interesting people.
Staff treated like piece of meat
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2017
worked at great bear, management was only interested in targets, worked there almost 2 months, went in for normal shift and when awaiting to be assigned to work area, either hand balling on containers unloading or working on table, packing, management basically tells you, 'your services are no longer required and laid off, head requirement didn't care...
Pros
working
Cons
short breaks, and treated like piece of meat.
lack of career progression
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 June 2017
whilst working at HEADS i have noticed other members o staff who have been with the company 15+ years have not progressed or had the opportunity to progress.
Pros
Friday beers
Cons
would recomend if looking for entry positions
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 March 2017
Although the agents are being nice and understanding its hard to get in touch with them, also they didnt match the job with the criteria I asked them to .
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 January 2017
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion.

as soon as you start settling somewhere you are pulled out before you get offered a long term contract, with out any expectancy, so you never know when you are going to leave or how long you will be somewhere, you are expected to work like a robot or get dropped, what they say goes even if it means working straight 12 hour shifts 2 days in row before coming back to working 3 10 hour shifts after.

unfair working conditions
Cons
inconsiderate long hours with short breaks
Better off on dole
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2016
Your probably better off signing on down your local Jobcentre simply because you register and they say they are waiting on start dates for people.. Days turn into weeks weeks turn into months in relying on work from ghost company's. I've received plently of texts for day work cos someone hasn't bothered turning up for the shift an they use YOU to fill it so they don't get a bad look for their company. Absolutely shocking what goes on or shall I say what doesn't happen it's not a recruitment company at all fake advertisement
Pros
Get a text to make you look important by getting loads of texts
Cons
No work
very bad job agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 July 2016
the job agency are not friendly, poor time keepers. Worst agency with which no one can meet. Money instead of Friday morning, get on a Friday night and there is a need to remind them.
HGV Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 April 2016
My co-workers are really polite, friendly, and have a
professional approach. The hardest part of the job is work at night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the contact with people.
Very poor
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre19 February 2016
I signed up and went for 5 interviews past all the tests 100% and got told 5 times I'll get a phone call on when to start,never heard nothing of them I wouldn't waste time applying it's a very poorly run agency by job centre
Horrible Agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester City11 February 2016
I have had the misfortune to have worked for Heads on a few occasions and I must say it was the worst experience and the start of my mistrust of agencies as a whole. The treatment of the workers is shocking and the turn over of workers in ridiculous, I have a friend who works at Heads Recruitment office in Manchester, he even told me not to register with them, he even told his daughter to sign for another agency instead of Heads!.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Treatment of workers, short termination without notice.
Joke
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 January 2016
this joke of a recruitment agency gave me work after i enquired about jobs that didn't seem to exist as i saw them freshly advertised each week informing me they was temp to perm but as i started they all turned out to be only a day or just a few finally got a perm to temp job from them only for them to take me out of this job informing me there was no more work there and now i have seen that job being advertised in universal job match

I feel let down and feel i have let my family down being unable to provide for them i have found a page on facebook where the members have had the same treatment from heads and other various recruitment agencies but heads seem to have the most being talked about

it seems that the members are taking this further in an attempt to put a stop to agencies treating people like this and advertising fake jobs heads seem to be the biggest culprit and definitely need looking at and have my full support in doing this
Pros
?
Cons
liars
lie after lie after lie
mug (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG8 January 2016
DO NOT TRUST THIS AGENCY
i have worked really hard for this agency and they took me out of a really good job as the 13 weeks was just about done and gave the job to someone else (so i was still on the books) they gave me another position for 2 weeks then sent more workers in so we only had 3 shifts a week this is so when the compny needs someone at short notice (same day) Heads have people who can't really afford to say no. I am now left out of work yet again and after speaking to people from both jobs they have people in that started after me and some since i've been left out of work all doing full weeks. I have asked Heads about this and have spoken to 3 different people and have had 3 different reasons. I've had the most aweful Christmas ever due to lack of money that has had a knock on effect to my family and left fighting to keep a roof over my head. I have taken advice from a union who have agreed to fight this case for me as i have back up from both company's managers and workers. if anyone reads this (if they allow it to be posted) has had the same done speak to your former placments as Heads can be responsible for loss of earnings and stopping the chance to be employed direct. I'm not sure what they call that the union said something about contracts
Pros
nothing
Cons
worse life
heads
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG21 October 2015
it was good an fun it learned me how to do many things such as order picking and how to work as a team in the industuy its a good recruitment agenacy
Pros
free dinners
Cons
long hours b
Exceptional in poor performance
Immediate start (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 October 2015
Hmmmmmm. ...don't waste your time with these people. They are not remotely professional. You are quite simply wasting your time, money and effort bothering to register with them.

Once you do register they do not bother answering the phone to you. Voice mail after voice mail. Mobile phones turned off.....no contact.

They tell you that they have work and send you on induction with companies such as HERMES. It shows that their business isn't viable as they must have lost a fair bit of money giving people safety boots.

I can understand that the work may not come off but having the decency to answer the phone would be nice.
Pros
Free boots!!!
Cons
Dire communication
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG28 October 2014
I learnt to be patient and thanks to the team management and my co-workers were brilliant and I had enjoyed working there.
Pros
3 break a day
Good but not that good.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 August 2014
I have to say I only recently met up with heads a fortnight ago and have arranged me to get a job. BUT! Although they arranged me to get the job it was me who informed them about the place of work that had a vacancy so I done their job for them.

As far as phone calls no one answers and you have to wait for them to contact you back after leaving a message.

I'd recommend you do sign with them because a lot of companies are their clients but id carry on looking elsewhere also and signing up to various other agencies.
Pros
Wage, Day shift hours, Co workers
Cons
Agency not organised with callbacks
not impressed with the agency
production operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 February 2014
Cant provide enough work food production factory Line goes down you get sent home . You ring the agency to ask about work they say they will contact you .you ring them again they cant be bothered to contact you.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Productive and very nice to learn and develop your skills
Llop Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 March 2013
I got training in Driving Fork lift trucks, which was a very good challenge, then I got training to operate a Skyjack truck, both in one year and was amazing and very significant for me. Apart from my last job I can say everyday is a good day to learn something new, to challenge yourself, so I did, and one of the hardest part of it, coming from another country, was meeting new people from different places around the world and different culture as well, I feel very challenged working in this environment, amazing, so I have to say that I really enjoyed every part and aspect related to my job.
Pros
a very nice and tide workplace, nice cantine
Cons
no permanent contracts
production
operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 August 2012
Working on an assembly line lamps
Selection of appropriate components for the type of lamp
Packing