Heads Recruitment Employee Reviews in Manchester

Productive and fun workplace
Full time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 August 2018
I was very happy with the agency.They managed to find quickly the job I wanted.My employee 's rights were highly respected.
I received a very good training before to start the job.Very friendly and helpful managers.
Good agency
Picker, Packer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 May 2018
Working with Heads not for long time. All seems good, Pay rates is alright. Different shifts provided, just not much jobs at the moment.
Was working night shifts in Oldham, job is not difficult at all, easy going and helpful people there. Positive.
i did a 7.5 tonne test there with wrong details on it
7.5 tonne driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 April 2018
i went for 7.5 tonne job the promised me 10 pound an hour heavy lifting and installing included i did cpc test there that had an old system of breaks and driving time not uptodate with eu rules i had a polish man interview me who could not even speak english well.
then i never got any calls for any jobs thankfully after reading all theses reviews wasted an hour and half of my time there plus taking time out to travel there half a day gone in total .
i am finding most agencies trying to offer bottom dollar for jobs and not being fair these days there should be a law against it 20 years ago i made 10 pound an hour i am being offerd now as little as 9 pound an hour plus there trying to give flat rate no time and half england has gone to pot . they expect me to drive 7.5 tonne truck deal with customer plan routes do heavy lifting labouring installing appliances for less tha 10 pound an hour some places work through my breaks get up at 4 am to br at work for 5am and work till the last job even if it means working 15 hours wtf is going on modern day slavery we are not free we are all prisoners we think we are free human right are a joke the harder u work the less u earn cost of living exceeds theses rates of pay every one should be on a minimum wage of 12 pound an hour to live normal then the taxes insurance ect ect
Steered in the wrong direction
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 April 2018
Serious lack of support from management, especially after the acquisition from Proman. It was only a matter of time before a large number of their longest serving employees were to make a jump.
Pros
Cons
work you like a horse
Good Agency
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 March 2018
I've worked on numerous assignments for this company and they have always been good. Always paid on time and always come back to me. A lot of the work they give is hard but I like that.
Pros
Lots of work available
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 March 2018
This agency was awful, they make the roles sound fantastic but different story when you start i always got put in places with polish workers(nothing against them) but when your trying to learn of somebody who doesnt speak english i felt stupid as you dont understand what your supposed to be doing. I want early shifts which the agency said was fine but then got stuck on lates. Never got my weej in had back when i left. Id never go to this agency again one minute they say its full time the next your only getting one day a week no good for people who want job security and stability.
Pros
Cons
Working with people who dont speak english. No hours
Very Poor Agency
Cheap labour (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 February 2018
This agency is POOR, Poor to respond to you applying for a job, poor at communication,poor at finding you work,poor at helping you in anyway. Only gave 1 start as I can't give non. Steer clear of this agency they send you to places that treat you like dirt, these people need to be looked at and the agency should do something about it but probably don't.My advice if you can is find full/part time work.
Pros
I don't work for them
productivity
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 January 2018
cultural, nice, enjoyable. Typical day at work was easy, sometimes busy. cultural place, nice people, managers. i learned cooperate with workers and managers.
Advertising vacancies which don’t exists
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 January 2018
Waste of time, do yourself a favour stay clear from this agency, advertising jobs which you are accustomed too and the relevant experience, only for them to fob you off with another job, which no one wants! They should be banned, no wounder agency have a bad reputation.
Pros
Something better will come along
Cons
Them
Worse Agency ever
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 November 2017
Signed up with these lot two weeks ago.. went for an induction day at a warehouse in cheadle on the Friday promised work on the Monday. Monday came no call was ringing the office and finally got through to someone they said that the work would be this week still nothing rung them a couple of times after that still the same excuse. Don’t waste your time with this agency they promise you work then don’t give it.
Cons
Too much gossip and bullying backstabbing lack of communication
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 October 2017
Started a job lasted a day due to bullying in work place I told agency they said they have had similar problems so they found me somewhere else I enjoyed the work it was a good experience but some of the workers were not very nice people I did 3 weeks at the company I went in and was sent home I contacted agency no reply for few days after numerous text and failed calls they finally told me I was no longer needed but I was told the work would be ongoing they then offered me previous place that I lasted a day at which I declined heard nothing since and believe others are in sane predicament as me .
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Short breaks and very rushed at timez
Dynamic and fast paced workplace
Resourcer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 June 2017
Excellent place to work, always kept busy and supported by fantastic management.

Most difficult aspect of the role was aiding agency workers with their queries.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by energetic and interesting people.
Staff treated like piece of meat
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 June 2017
worked at great bear, management was only interested in targets, worked there almost 2 months, went in for normal shift and when awaiting to be assigned to work area, either hand balling on containers unloading or working on table, packing, management basically tells you, 'your services are no longer required and laid off, head requirement didn't care...
Pros
working
Cons
short breaks, and treated like piece of meat.
lack of career progression
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 June 2017
whilst working at HEADS i have noticed other members o staff who have been with the company 15+ years have not progressed or had the opportunity to progress.
Pros
Friday beers
Cons
would recomend if looking for entry positions
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 March 2017
Although the agents are being nice and understanding its hard to get in touch with them, also they didnt match the job with the criteria I asked them to .
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Manchester5 January 2017
boring, no opportunity to remain at a firm or grow/gain promotion.

as soon as you start settling somewhere you are pulled out before you get offered a long term contract, with out any expectancy, so you never know when you are going to leave or how long you will be somewhere, you are expected to work like a robot or get dropped, what they say goes even if it means working straight 12 hour shifts 2 days in row before coming back to working 3 10 hour shifts after.

unfair working conditions
Cons
inconsiderate long hours with short breaks
Better off on dole
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 November 2016
Your probably better off signing on down your local Jobcentre simply because you register and they say they are waiting on start dates for people.. Days turn into weeks weeks turn into months in relying on work from ghost company's. I've received plently of texts for day work cos someone hasn't bothered turning up for the shift an they use YOU to fill it so they don't get a bad look for their company. Absolutely shocking what goes on or shall I say what doesn't happen it's not a recruitment company at all fake advertisement
Pros
Get a text to make you look important by getting loads of texts
Cons
No work
very bad job agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester21 July 2016
the job agency are not friendly, poor time keepers. Worst agency with which no one can meet. Money instead of Friday morning, get on a Friday night and there is a need to remind them.
HGV Driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 April 2016
My co-workers are really polite, friendly, and have a
professional approach. The hardest part of the job is work at night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the contact with people.
Very poor
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre19 February 2016
I signed up and went for 5 interviews past all the tests 100% and got told 5 times I'll get a phone call on when to start,never heard nothing of them I wouldn't waste time applying it's a very poorly run agency by job centre
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heads Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9