HC One Employee Reviews

New to company
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dundee City15 February 2018
New to company. Still getting used to changes. Prefer having 12 hour shifts for family work life balance as the nhs in Dundee doesn't provide that in many wards.
over worked staff, bad management
carer (Former Employee) –  uk11 February 2018
we are always short staffed and no support from the management and carers getting away with things in other jobs they would have been sacked for .horrible
Pros
rewarding on residents side
Cons
long hours under paid
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 February 2018
I ve been working with Hc-One for over a year, it is a good company overall, I did enjoyed the time spent here ,however I did not had the support for the management team as I was told .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Instability in management
Good
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kikcaldy3 February 2018
I enjoyed my experience at HC One. But it just wasn’t for me, it was too depressing for myself with the deaths of the residents etc.

I would’ve liked to get back into that kind of work but I can’t deal with it.
Management want blood out of a stone
Carer (Former Employee) –  Netherton23 January 2018
I did more hours then contracted and didnt get paid for it. Then all the manager did is moan and demand more out of you. Some of the administration staff were rude and talked down to you. You ended up doing even more work because some staff are lazy and get away with everything. So ungrateful.
Pros
Some residents and staff
Cons
Management and some staff
excellent place of work
Nights Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 January 2018
working nights in a hc one home was brilliant. managed really well, good balance with home life.

fantastic training given. progression is available and the company promote this.
staff and residents are just a number
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Stalybridge, Greater Manchester22 January 2018
2 years this company took over the care home i work in and its the worst company i have ever seen they only care about getting the money in and paper work staff never appreciated only by the families of the residents no support what so ever off company or the management they will take money off you for a break which you very rarely take always understaffed and are happy to allow residents to go without the care they are paying for if i was advise anyone when looking for a care home i would very highly recommend that they stay well clear of any hc one home the staff are amazing and without them the home would not run as it does but the company in itself are only out for financial gain
Pros
care staff keep these places going
Cons
under staffed over worked never appreciated
Depressing work place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basildon17 January 2018
Carehome went from bupa to hc one, management Is rude, no appreciation towards care assistants, nothing is ever good enough, care assistants do the best they can, there is always something for the management to moan about no matter how hard careers work.
Pros
There isn’t any pros
Cons
No appreciation, nothing is ever right
Dirty enviroment lack of support
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dovedale court wednesbury14 January 2018
Horrible place to work
Was so hard going the amount of stuff you have to do on a night shift at the same time as fighting your own body clock
Was always short staffed I lasted about a week or so
Pros
Not really any apart from free tea and coffee
Cons
Long hours no bonuses or unsocial hours payments
Shocking
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  North East13 January 2018
I've had many years as a carer but never worked for a company like this,, currently I work as a care assistant for this company & have never heard or seen so much rudeness or disrespect for others,all from younger members of staff,,lazy bone idle & just not bothered,,some staff are great but not many,do not work for these if given a chance,if you fit in with the click group,then you're ok,if not,then it's constant backstabbing I'd advise anyone not to work for these.
Pros
Lovely resident
Cons
Long shifts
great place
Carer (Current Employee) –  Linlithgow13 January 2018
very comfortable, happy and friendy staff, great place to work, lovely place to visit. It is in a very quiet area which is always a good thing. I am very proud to say that I work for this company.
Pros
happy people
New team
Home Manger (Current Employee) –  Area 113 January 2018
So far all I see is positives being part of the company. It's a new area team who are kind and compassionate.
Lots to learn and change to go forward
Pros
Good structure
Cons
Moaning staff
Management are useless, problems swept under the carpet
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holmfirth, West Yorkshire7 January 2018
Bullying, management is poor, if your face doesn't fit then you might as well not even bother, complaints are often swept under the carpet with major issues left unresolved, back stabbing, 85% of staff don't care about residents and are often neglected. I wouldn't leave my dog in the care of most of the staff there
Pros
residents
Hc-one
Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 January 2018
Good company to work for. Some management listened to what staff had to say and took all comment s and ideas on board. Good care in the service i worked in.
Busy working environment/ challenging role
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterlee4 January 2018
Lovely home to work in, manager can’t do enough for her staff, senior lead knows her role & was only too happy to help you, the care for the residents is second to none, only down fall was the long hours wish it could of been half shifts.
Pros
Refreshments are free/ room to go further if needed.
Cons
Friendly/caring
Unsure
Senior care assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire4 January 2018
HC one have only just bought into the home that I work for no changes have taken place at present apart from uniform change and new badges unsure if this company is good or not to work for at this present time.
Good company over all
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands2 January 2018
Over all its a great company... home in which i work has a very long road before anything good will come of it, poor practice and a very low quality of care
Manager really approachable and lovely to work for. Has time for staff .
RMN (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire27 December 2017
It's a challenging unit. Verbally and physically abused most days. Older adults with declining mental cognition. Feel I have a lot of empathy and contentment knowing there well cared for and safe.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
12 hour shifts
Wow what a rubbish firm
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire24 December 2017
If you need a job try some where else this place is rubbish, slavery was abolished right? The management are awful £7.50 an hour for most unless ur liked, treat like a dog, by far the worst place you will ever work
Pros
Theres other jobs out there
Cons
Slavery
Worst employer
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear18 December 2017
Wouldn't work for hc one again staff overworked and no thanks management doesn't care sacked for the littlest thing and under staffed constantly. No atmosphere basic things for resident not provided bad company no respect
Pros
Cons
Long hours no basic thing for residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HC One. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6