Play YouTube video button
Information from HC One:

HC One Employee Reviews

United Kingdom729 reviews
Featured review
HC One selected this as a representative review
Well organiseed and innovative company
In my short time with the company I have been impressed by the organisation, the structure, the people and the commitment to the provision of high quality services.
Not a nice place to work..
HC ONE was always short staff, would rather save money than have the right amount of staff on. The home may look nice in side but the care wasn't really there.Management was very poor. Most careers were as lickers to management.My advice is to avoid HC ONE worst place I've ever worked at.
Stressful
The management tell you one thing one day and change there mind the next never really remembering what they ever tell in the first place. Promise you the world and never deliver.
Pros
Staff friendly
Cons
Expect to much from you
Very poor place to work
Very poor company to work for. Concerns raised regarding working conditions ignored. Lack of PPE most of the time with equipment hidden by management so it does not all get used. Residents are woken up early hours to suit members of staff. Poor management that are very confrontational, argumentative and cruel to members of staff and that’s area management. Avoid
Discrace
Bad experience. They dont deserve good staff and managers and HR stick together to cover each other.
The staff chose who they want to work with and have their cliques.

Bullied by kitchen staff and she got away with it.Covered loads of shifts as bank even in kitchen then got dumped for managers side kick to start there. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
Amazing company
Lovely company to work for employees are really looked after by management, they resolve any issues you have very friendly, go above and beyond for their staff and residents
Fantastic place to work, staff all one big family
I worked for HC-One for a period of 6.5 yrs.
I was initially housekeeper, done in-house E- Learning to staff. Loved this fully, was a great pleasure to help others advance and gain qualifications.

Lately, I moved into Activities. This has to be one of the most rewarding job roles in the home. Helping residents settle and their families feel their loved ones are cared for , in good hands.

I gained many qualifications while at Redmill in West Lothian Scotland. HC-One really delivers in training. If you apply yourself , you can go onto many levels.

I left as no longer felt challenged within the workplace, but carry fond memories, and a piece of my heart was left behind.

I visit on occasion, to catch up with Residents and staff
Pros
Good training, free uniform &
Cons
Often short staffed, as across the board. Min wage for lot of work
Care assistant
Literally the worse place I've worked. Days v Nights constantly. When you have reported something nothing gets done. Management dont care. Avoid if possible
I love my home but ..
l I’ve worked for my current home since it was b-upa (now hc-one) bupaa Is offcourse a well known company with high standards I love the home where I work and the management within the home are very good but when it comes to the company istself they take take take with very little rearwards or recognition for there staff, as a senior (very soon to be a qualified nurse I think very highly of this home and would love to work here ) however if I sign a new contract lose perks such as paid breaks free meals better maternity pay .. etc etc the management have to fight for basics that we got easily with previous company new mattresses and gardening for our lovely grounds (what a fight) they usually get them in the end but not without a big fight for the essentials these people are paying a of a lot of money a week the least they can get is a satisfactory mattress without saying where I work ..I work in one of the biggest homes and we aren’t given enough money to keep this home to its high standard as I said again I’m well supported by management and
I think highly of the home and management however the company are very much money orientated these residents deserve so much better and I wish the company would provide it 🤞however I will very much stand behind my home and the staff and management and say that they are very caring attentive And provide the best care if only the company would realise this
Pros
Love the home
Cons
The upper hierarchy
Avoid aviod aviod
If your not in the click you wont fit.. It's not what you know its who you know. No support from unit managers. Back stabbing bullying staff. I think the home manager needs a speed course in people skills. Everything is brushed under the carpet .
hard work most days but residents make it fun and worth while
HC-ONE has allowed me to develop in learning about dementia ,getting NVQ's 2 & 3 .Its fun and stressful and hard work,making a resident smile is great
Worst place ever
I have worked in many care homes, however I was so shocked at how dreadful this place was, no care provided at all, carers pulling residents, ignoring equipment and drag lifting people, swearing, treating other staff like dirt. No sense of care at all. People were left for hours soiled with no care as it is so busy, however the staff still find time to have cigarette breaks. Management were rude and the nurses were just as bad. It was such a horrifying experience and I still think of the residents to this day.
kind
kind and caring but to much gossip . overworked and not appreciated
enjoyed my role but cannot be part of gossip factory .

lots of lovely residents and families
Stay clear
Senior care assistants talk to you like dirt ,sit at the desk barking orders at you , they leave all the work to care staff , (which their is never enough of ) .I'm sure seniors have more to do than sit at a desk !!
your face has to fit , too many staff on their phones texting .

You work very long shifts with a very short break .

You have on a night shift many residents with dementia still up all night , yet you have to do lots of cleaning , then leave the floor without a care assistant while you go to the kitchen ( on a different level ) to wash pots and replenish the units cupboards , then leave floor unattended again while you go to wash and dry the clothes , towels etc in the laundry ( on a different level again ).!!! No care assistant present during all of that , meaning residents are left alone...
Braintree home
As a carer not respected by the awful manager,horrible place to be & work,shouted at on a constant basis by manager,told I wasn’t good enough,bought to tears on my arrival home never wanting to go back
Pros
Abserluty none
Cons
I got out
Utter neglect
Worked for HC -one for nearly 5 years after they took a over a well ran Helen Mcardle home , place ran to the ground with incompetent manager , seniors and the careers employed with not a pick of experience , Knowledge or common sense !! Spend all day gossiping outside smoking ,Manager sitting back ignoring the facts while errors, poor care,Atrocious sickness,poor paperwork !! not a pick of ounce of person centred care in the place and management just pretends it doesn’t exist!!
Poor management

Poor company

Poor care !!!!

Hc one “care home kindness “ more like care home neglect !!!
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Poorly managed and ran homes with no support from any one
Disrespectful staff
Staff are so rude and disrespectful, they know nothing about etiquette or kindness. I figured out later it’s becuase they are close friends with the home manager so they have the green card. My typical day there was getting yelled at, ignored & treated with disrespect by staff. Also watching other staff talking about each other in a negative way is very common.
Gardener at Alexandra Care Home
The interview process was relaxed with friendly management.
I was overjoyed when I got the job of Gardner at Alexandra.

Very much enjoyed my time at the home working in the gardens making it look good for everyone.

Was very sad when I had to give up my job to look after my elderly father.
Awful
Managers only have time for their favourites. Employing families and friends seems the common trend. Hard work is not important, socializing is. Residents are not as important as the managers favourites.
Pros
Can have as much sickness as you like if you're a favourite.
Cons
Risk of losing PIN
It is a good company to work for no 2 days are alike.
There are three units at hc one dementia, residential and nursing. The people who work there are always willing to help. I use to assist the residents with eating bathing and toileting. You can always go to the manager and it will be sorted out for you.
This review is for management only at Eden House bishop auckland
Manager has only got time for her favourites and compares you to them never worked in more misunderstood place no thanks for anything didn't matter if your shift had finished you were made to stay back unpaid and very rude to employees