Here to help
Coronavirus update

Hays Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom455 reviews
Hays is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is at the beginning of their career. The salary is not great and the working hours are long, and high levels of autonomy are expected with each person however this is a great starting step for graduates or placement students to gain organisation and independent working skills
Never a problem with them. Always paid on time. Hours are accurate.
Easy to get hold of your contact.

Will do their best to find you continuous work. Will use again
Pros
Punctual
Cons
Horrible agency to work for!! Very tight deadlines for wage slips, so the place you work for is responsible for submitting your timesheet and if they accepted it late (which is out of your control) you were paid late. You accrue you’re own holiday pay, for example a £1 taken from you for every hour you work. Then at Christmas is all your holidays aren’t used you lose them. Even though it’s your own money!!! And I was this around November time and was expected to try squeeze my holidays in December (which for any workplace is impossible) to top it all off I was being underpaid £2 an hour for over a year (which you can imagine mounted up to a lot of money) then I had to fight for months to be paid it back. Credit to one of the directors however for personally calling me and apologising. Don’t feel like you get a lot of help the phone, you end up chasing things up yourself. Then when I left I gave two weeks notice and called after I had left to claim holiday pay back and they didn’t even know I had left.
I was working with Hays with a team of Painters and Handmans from Greater Manchester. They was happy with to with them as a friend. And i like my job and i enjoy when i painting.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffe
Cons
8.00 Hours a day
This company is a bunch of muppets as when op out the pension they still take money and also when you leave they still take holiday money so void like the plague.
Hays is a good place to work as a consultant but you have to put the hours in, sometimes even at weekends. That is how you earn extra money, through bonuses and fees. As I was not a consultant I felt my job was not as important because I did not make any money for the company, although my job was important due to checking compliance and ensuring that all candidates were legal to live and work in the UK, it made me feel not quite part of the team. They do a lot of charity collections which is good and they also play hard as well as work hard.
Please remember you're just a number to this company, they say you will be on 10.80 an hour and then take 1.80 an hour of you for holiday pay, so you pay for your own annual leave. The payroll is somewhat to be desired but when they get it right its a good company to work for
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Pay for your own holiday
They're good for helping people secure temporary administration jobs. However, it's a shame they don't offer more creative or permanent roles. This would help them to reach more varied clientele.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short-term jobs
Un mediu de lucru placut, cu o echipa extraordinara si management corespunzator. Salariul insa, pentru pozitia pe care am avut-o, nu e chiar ideal.
They treated me unfairly, everyone speaks about one another, they take money out of your salary, some of them are racist. They say in the contract they will pay you for sick pay but they don't actually. They do not care if someone in you family has passed away they still expect you to come into work. They give no training whatsoever either. The things ive heard about this place just horrifies me
Enjoyable to work for . helpful
Lots of opportunity to progress and learn new skills.
Wages always paid on time in the bank .only dispute was hourly rate.
HAYS are a decent company to work with as long as the work is available for you. When you are in work its easy & straight forward and you get paid every week which is a bonus.
I asked for temp work and temp work is what i received, they are a little temperamental with pay. I started doing three days a week, requested more time, was given five days a week but they lowered my hourly rate... and wouldn't let me go back to three days, so i was working more time for the same pay.
They charge you more fee for your payroll than other companies, 20 pounds a week. They do not tell you that your holidays is included in your hour rate. You end up working for 7 pounds an hour in a very hard and unhealthy job. I do not recommend this company, it's like an Umbrella ...
Pros
nothing
Cons
all of them, hard wotk, low earn, cheat.
OK to work for as a temporary agency worker. I would work for them again. They do not seem to focus on temporary jobs that are good pay - low end of the spectrum when I worked for them.
Cons
low pay which is a down side of temping
Un trabajo estupendo que te enseña mucho sobre la vida y además muy buen sueldo y buena gente
Pros
Sueldo competitivo
Cons
Puede ser peligroso
Good place to work, but promises by directors aren't kept and salary within IT is low, however as a BA we are involved in exciting new projects, all of which are always different.
Fit for purpose for me while looking for my next career option, but as I'm not wanting a full time perm offer from them the wage and offers I find poor.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay
Terrible agency to work for. The rates advertised for the jobs are far from accurate as HAYS deduct a significant amount every week from wages to 'Buy' your holidays. This significantly reduces the rate advertised and HAYS mislead their workers on the pay rates.

Training on the job is shockingly poor and HAYS are not interested in the staff working for them.

ITS DEFINATELY JUST ABOUT THE MONEY FOR HAYS AS THEY CARE LITTLE ABOUT THE WORKERS!!

AVOID IF YOU CAN. TERRIBLE AGENCY.
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage rates to work in a prison, Poor training, Terrible attitude from HAYS toward staff
The “boss” was a pain to get hold of but other than that I was always paid on time also received maternity pay overall good agency to work for........
Rewarding but can be long hours and sales incentive related. Training was provided and support given to help people get up to speed quickly. Team was supportive.
Pros
Bonus from sales
Cons
Long hours and pressure