Here to help: Coronavirus update

Hays Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer35 reviews
United Kingdom35 reviews
Very respectful workers/managers and a very fun workplace
It has its up and downs but theres not alot of bad words i would put in for the company. Very reliable for when your in need of work and the staff are well manered and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
bristol based but you will have to travel around alot.
A good agency
Never a problem with them. Always paid on time. Hours are accurate.
Easy to get hold of your contact.

Will do their best to find you continuous work. Will use again
Pros
Punctual
Shambles
They made me leave my job and promised and pestered me all week long only for the job to disappear and leave me without a job for Christmas
Joke of a company

They literally don’t care about the people doing the work
low salary, and cheat
They charge you more fee for your payroll than other companies, 20 pounds a week. They do not tell you that your holidays is included in your hour rate. You end up working for 7 pounds an hour in a very hard and unhealthy job. I do not recommend this company, it's like an Umbrella ...
Pros
nothing
Cons
all of them, hard wotk, low earn, cheat.
Honest employers
Would recommend for anyone in the building trade.
Recieved work a week in advance and after a month maybe was offered work for three months at a time.
Work
Nice place to work for.very hard qorking people to get you a work place.willing to go the extra mile for you.always paid on time and very nice people to work for.
Cons
Nice hours
kitchen helper
worked in kitchen helping and being waiter working as a team and dealing with public learning to do more things in kitchen kept very busy keeping up with demnand.
Terribly ran branch in truro
Firstly they forgot to pay my wages a couple of weeks in a row and so many different excuses. Area manager leanne was extremely friendly and was making advances to myself. She was sending flirty messages with kisses at the end causing arguements in my relationship. When I complained about her they forgot to pay me for a week again and then i lost my job.....
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hays?
A large agency in central London
You would be phoned with details of where they work for you,
i only worked in central London due to ease of comutting to sites

and found that hays had a good relationship with workers
Hardworking environment
Unreliable. Given low pay when promised higher pay. Just not happy with the broken promises. Left my old job for this job still waiting to see the benifit of my decision.
Pros
Day work
Cons
Not given work promised
Poor pay and communication
low pay long hours no benefits..holiday pay gets paid back on a lower rate when it was taken at a higher rate..lack of communication with office staff.
Pros
A good location and continuous work load
Cons
low pay hard work
good place to work
always got work and pay fair, you don't have to take the job you choose whats best suited to you. As soon as one job finished usually have one lined up.
productive
Good place to work with friendly co-workers and nice management. After my second week I started helping the joiner and learning things related.Some kind of demolitions sometimes was required with power tools.
productive but easygoing.
Working at Hays was enjoyable, the staff are really friendly and are willing to all lend a hand when needed.

During a typical day at work duties include heavy lifting of fire doors, wood etc. It was essential to keep the working environment clean and tidy and therefore it is essential that rubbish is picked up and the floors are swept to avoid accidents. As a labourer every day is different as you help out all the other working trades on site.
Good company to work for.
Very good company to work for. I just now want something more permanent and to make a career for myself. There was no such thing as a typical day as every day was different with lots of different challenges.
Pros
every days a different day and challenge.
Cons
Its an agency so there are no guarantees for consistent work.
low wages
Hays as a recruitment agency are decent , the wages are minium wage, which in the construction industry is a travesty. No person working on a construction site, or petrochemical site should work for £6.70 a hour, working along side non agency workers on £3-£4 an hour more, and often doing more work than them because you know being a temporary worker if you don't pull your weight you can be easily replace. No complaint other than fair wages for the environment your placement is at.
Pros
management approachable
Cons
wage structure
Personal experience
Enjoyable work experience, unfortunately there's no room for advancement as it is a temporary employment recruitment agency, hours varied week to week, Thankfully I learned a lot from experienced members of staff on various construction sites across the region.
good place to work
i enjoyed working with employers in the past i enjoy using my hands and i am keen to learn new skills i enjoy working as a team or working on my own
Pros
meet new people
Cons
Was'nt there long anouth
N/a
The company provided me with a good opportunity to learn different skills in the trade in order for me to further my career in the construction industry.
ensure I was on time, had access to PPE equipment, followed protocol and procedures throught the shift ensuring compliance with regulative bodies and
I enjoyed my time at Hays and felt that I was an intergral part of the company, providing support to tradesmen, working within a team and on my own iniciative to ensure all work was completed within specific time frame as required
Pros
Good Pay, area and organisation
Cons
N/a
Labour
I would make sure the site wa clean and tidy, sweepingout houses, doing finishing touches on the propertys, ready for hand over.