Hays Employee Reviews

pleasure in cooperation
carpenter (Former Employee) –  Headcorn, Kent5 November 2018
Professionals in finding a job, they always found something for me, always perfect contact with the agent, no problems with the payment recommendable employment agency.
Stressful but enjoyable and sociable workplace
Audit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Angel Station4 November 2018
I enjoyed my time with Hays in Angel it was a fun office but long hours big workload and low wages made me move on very fast.
I was located in the RBS building which was exciting being surround by all the important bankers.
Pros
Interesting building and location
Cons
Poor wages
discriminatory environment
Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London2 November 2018
Unfortunately a company of this size and stature does not accommodate employees with disabilities and management do not have any patience. There is a lot of favoritism (if you're billing) and the culture is very archaic (organ grinder and monkey style)

The leadership team is male dominate and the environment quite stressful which explains the massive drinking culture and incentives around drinking (encouraged by managements). Oh and if you don't drink you won't be invited to early finishes at pub. Not a fair or equal environment to be in.
Pros
uncapped commission
Cons
hostile environment, long hours, poor unqualified management, no progression
HR/Recruitment Internship (Former Employee) –  London23 October 2018
I did an internship in recruitment for 8 months. The environment is fast paced and target driven. Colleagues are lovely people who are willing to show you the ropes as a new person. The training is rigorous and you are expected to use your initiative. Overall, a great company to work for.
Hays
Security & Reception Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo London17 October 2018
It was a fast paced demanding place to work the facilities team were the hub of the office and kept very busy.

the days were long but the people were great to work with.
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Long Working Hours
helpful workplace
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Slough12 October 2018
hays is a big agency I enjoyed working there because I met lovely people. There were never problems with payment, always payed on time. They were very helpful when I needed something.
Pros
easy work
Cons
sometimes long hours
They don't accept people from backgrounds that are not white
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Greenwich1 October 2018
This company seems Not to be interested in employing people humans who are not white , they rejected all my applications, even when I was matching the role skills and experiences. It's very disappointing, and this company It's Not what apparently its
Pros
Cons
They are racists
good
Various Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Manchester28 September 2018
won't really know until their is any works for me too compare people can only review works they are or have been entailed in not imagine what it could be like
Pros
people
Cons
local
Just agency appointments
Temp assignments (Former Employee) –  Wakefield26 September 2018
Nothing much to say, just fill in appointments between full time jobs. Hays were very good and professional obviously, it worked out ok for me at the time, so that was good.
It was ok
Operational Support Guard (Former Employee) –  Lincoln17 September 2018
The “boss” was a pain to get hold of but other than that I was always paid on time also received maternity pay overall good agency to work for........
Administrator
Contractor Worker (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2018
Inputting information into the computer, dealing with phone queries, using outlook, databases and assisting senior staff with tasks. Organising meetings.
Pros
good team of people
Cons
none that I can recall
Rewarding but can be long hours and sales incentive related.
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire8 September 2018
Rewarding but can be long hours and sales incentive related. Training was provided and support given to help people get up to speed quickly. Team was supportive.
Pros
Bonus from sales
Cons
Long hours and pressure
Great company to work for
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 August 2018
Great company to work for.
Becky Overton is the Consultant I work for who is amazing and fits the right people to the right job!
Pay is comparative with the job you are temping in - for example if you are working in a school covering a Grade 3 job then you get Grade 3 pay. Excellent.
Pros
Great Consultant
counter productive sometimes
Learning Support Assistant/Classroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands9 August 2018
Always working from school to school. Management tend to give work to preferred people A typical day of work consists of waiting for a call in the morning. They are not very prepared for days in front which would work alot better.
The workplace is multicultural, the hardest part of the job is getting to know the staff as there are so many.
Pros
not many, quite friendly
Cons
not consistent enoough
Great for training not good for Senior Manangemnt
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon28 July 2018
excellent training and operation, awful senior management who do not value good staff, only staff that can be moulded of have a more than professional relationship with. HR have no interest if you have a problem at work all they care about if the bottom line.
Glad I worked there as they taught me how to recruit and I would of stayed if new management weren't bought in and ruined the whole office
recruitment agency
5 weeks as Purchase Ledger clerk (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands20 July 2018
Introduced to various temporary positions.
I was never recommended to a permanent position interview.
The temporary positions helped to gain experience.
Hays Recruitment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
Great place for training, very supportive managers willing to share sales techniques and role play. Lovely people working within all offices. Great place for a new recruiter.
Pros
Training
Cons
5 hours of BD a day expected
Excellent company to temp for
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield16 July 2018
I have only done one assignment for Hays so far, but have found them to be a great company to work for, the company I worked for was a much larger office than I had worked for in the past
Enjoyable work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames15 July 2018
Good company to work for, with a good working environment. Day to day I was an office administrator, welcoming in people looking for work and keep up with daily office tasks.
Review
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Cheshire13 July 2018
My duties here were:

To receive telephone orders
Managing deliveries with the most efficient delivery time scales and most cost effective
Multi depot communication
Plan and dispatch concrete orders
Critical time management service for same day orders
In depth knowledge in road conditions and driver legislation