Hays Employee Reviews

Good range of work supplied in a range of enviorments
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 October 2017
No typical day, I would work in a variety of positions some times a day some times 2 or more months.
examples of jobs I did would be Warehouse work in the main,
retail, basic office work, data entry, telesales, refuse collection, recycling warehouse work, kern operator, royal mail work.

I learnt a lot of different skills and an appreciation for how each job can bring its own challenges and chances to learn transferable skills.
Pros
variety, regularity of work
Cons
some jobs were very repetitive
Receptionist
Agency Employee (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire11 October 2017
I was employed on a temporary basis to cover reception at a Gp Surgery. I worked 1.30-6.30 Mon-Fri.
Hays gave me support when I needed help with pay and timesheets.
I was very happy with them even though I was only employed for 3 months
Pros
afternoon work
Hardworking environment that teaches one to graft
Labourer, Site Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset10 October 2017
Working as a labourer on a building site is not the easiest job in the world, it entails early starts and long hours but I found it ingrained in me the value of hard work
Pros
Good banter
Cons
PA to Senior Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London27 September 2017
Had a very happy time working at Hays, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I only left because of the lack of career progression for the admin staff. But overall its a good company.
Temporary work
Adiministrater (Former Employee) –  Bromley Town27 September 2017
I specifically worked for them to fill a role for Direct Line who asked for me to return on a temporary basis following 6 months after redundancy.
flexible start and finish time
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
Supply teaching is fun but there's varied work amounts
Supply teacher (Former Employee) –  Devon14 September 2017
Hays are great at finding as much work as they can but it's very quiet towards holidays so you don't earn anything in these times. Working in a variety of schools is fun and challenging.
Pros
Deals on holidays and some shopping
Cons
No pay when there's no work
Supply Teacher
Maestra (Former Employee) –  Exeter, United Kingdom13 September 2017
Durante este tiempo estuve haciendo sustituciones como maestra en diversos niveles y en distintos colegios, principalmente en “Haytor View” el cual ya he valorado anteriormente.

Este trabajo requería de una gran flexibilidad y adaptación positiva a nuevas situaciones y modos de trabajo puesto que había veces que estaba en distintos colegios cada día.
Cut Throat Environment
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 September 2017
You need a thick skin to work in recruitment. If you're able to do the job well, the rewards (financially) can be great.

Long working hours: contract is 42.5hrs minimum.

Management: overstretched. over the last few years we have gone from having 4 directors to 2 covering all of the Scottish business. Not enough support and management time to give good coaching.

Workplace culture: fast paced, you always have your finger on the pulse.

Hardest part of the job: rejection from clients or candidates.

Most enjoyable part of the job: beating the competition when placing a candidate.
Flexiple
Teaching Assistant Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central2 September 2017
Hays education was employment agency who was eager to help both workers and employer and tried to satisfy the both sides
I have enjoyed my time with them
Cons
not enough work
kitchen helper
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Taunton26 August 2017
worked in kitchen helping and being waiter working as a team and dealing with public learning to do more things in kitchen kept very busy keeping up with demnand.
Hays contact centres
Recruitment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 August 2017
My day consisted of being shouted at by Manager and interviewing candidates for jobs.
This job was not the best place to work, nor were they the nicest people to work with. I did not enjoy my time there at all.
Pros
Cons
Going to work everyday
Brilliant lovely place!
Compliance Administrator/Receptionist/Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 August 2017
Love working at Hays, always busy and working with the greatest bunch of people you could ask for. sad to be looking other places as Hays really has made the person I am today
Excellent company to work for
Office Junior/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Putney, Greater London21 August 2017
I started as an office junior and this job gave me the confidence and experience to go onto other things. This job gave me the basic skills to take forward into my other office jobs as well as college.
Pros
location.
Cons
Beneficial for short term working
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire1 August 2017
Very easy to join the agency and handle payments and holidays. I was given short term work (a day here and there) very often and in schools close to me, but it was often too short notice.
Pros
quick and easy to get work
Cons
little long term advancement
A good company to work for
Supply Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside10 July 2017
I have had a great time working for Hays, however I do believe the information people within the local offices know should be increased for example to do with wages, holidays befeits etc.
Temporary Assignments
Temporary Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading4 July 2017
worked for Hays as Temporary office worker in both short and long-term contracts. Good variety of roles available. Helpful consultants when providing information about upcoming roles.
Good stop gap
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside27 June 2017
After finishing a maternity cover role in a nursery, I turned to HAYS while I searched for another job.

I had almost regular work for about 3 months, although an error in my tax code meant I was struggling to get by. I then got a 4 month placement in a school, which was great, and was lovely being full time, but since then I have had no more work.
They are sometimes offering me things I'm not qualified for - for example, exam invigilating, or in a class of children too old. I don't know if the work is just drying up, or I'm not being chosen for the roles available, but it's not a sustainable way of living. I am looking for other jobs but keeping HAYS on the side for now.

Obviously the main issue is that it's a zero hours contract, so if that works for you, great. Just don't rely on HAYS for a good income.

Which brings me to another issue with the job - pay. While the hourly rate is good, and far more than you would get working in a nursery as a permanent member of staff, when working in schools you get a daily rate. This means it doesn't matter how many hours you do, you get paid the same. Putting in long hours in a the school meant some days I was down to about £5/h after tax.

The company is brilliant, and the process of signing on was very quick. You develop a good relationship with your recruitment advisor, and in my experience they are very professional while taking the time to remember who you are and your situation, making it also personal.

The most enjoyable thing is getting to work in lots of different places with lots of different people, and the odd
  more... unexpected day off - In fact, because it is zero hours, you can just let your advisor know if you can't work, say if you're going on holiday. Then because you accrue holiday anyway, you can claim this back paid.  less
Pros
above average pay, no commitment
Cons
zero hours contract
Loved It
Senior Consultant / Business Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2017
What I'd call my first proper role and my formative years in the work place. Worked hard and played hard and got on well with everyone.....................
enjoyable and friendly
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester25 June 2017
I have worked for Hays for a number of years while I have been working on another project and Hays have always been very helpful and friendly and I would happily go back to them for more work.
Lots of fun
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merseyside23 June 2017
I have found Hays very helpful with finding me work on a regular basis. It is good to know that they are always reliable with their work. However the only downside is how last minute everything is as I don't drive so it makes it very awkward for me!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8