Hays Employee Reviews

Supportive employers
Cover Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Lancashire19 April 2018
Great to work with Hays in every aspect they really look out for what you want and are suited to your needs - great for people considering teaching but want to try first and those who like flexibility in educational roles.
Pros
Free Training and free DBS
Cons
Low pay and last minute assignments
An amazing company
Bricklayer/ assistant site manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 April 2018
Hays are the best agency going without fail.
I have worked for them from 2012-2018 and they have always put me with professional construction contractors and subcontractors.
Their efficient at dealing with the client for you regarding your hours and rate of pay and agree everything with you prior to starting.
I believe they are the best agency around because they get the big construction companies such as Kier, Carters and big subcontractors workers, therefore you don't end up working for small business's that are more cut throat.
They handle their workers with respect and will raise any issues you have on your behalf.
Aslong as you are punctual, professional, good at what you do and have a good attitude about how you manage your business you will always be able to rely on Hays to pay your way in life and earn money.
They also have clipper contracting, which are a very good umbrella company to work for where you can claim back your expenses.
Or you can get paid through a limited company as i do myself, where you can also have the option to get paid in gross and do your own taxes.
The possibilities are endless if you work hard you will achieve.
Working out of the london office with Micky Piper, the cambridge office with james blackham and Inga, and the northampton office with Paul Knightly i can honestly bank on them always keeping touch with upcoming work which is required in the construction industry as it is so versatile.
Great Agency to Work With
Student FO - Interim Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Guildford13 April 2018
would recommend Hays to anyone. Once you find the right consultant you can be happy. Most consultants are genuinely looking out for the candidate but as with anywhere, some are bonus driven which is a shame.
Good place
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 April 2018
Good place to work, lovely people.
Learned a lot of skills.
Not much room for progression. Work hours are terrible and destroy work life balance.
Easy
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 March 2018
The company is well run and it was easy to get work.
Very negative & poor management
CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 March 2018
Management have created a hostile environment, no career progression, a lot of temps so they can lay people off easily.
Teams and front office are good and environment is a lot healthier
Pros
Struggling to think of one
Cons
Not enough characters to list
They never ring you back .
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 March 2018
Promise that they will ring you back but never do.
This firm was fairly good about 10 years ago, they are now totally rubbish. Take anything they say with a pinch salt and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
They never ring you back
Rubbish agency
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire17 March 2018
Rubbish agency promise job for 1 weeks and after is one day and a lot problems about payment
The consultant from Luton is liars people special this irma is the name,
Never in my life i work for this rubbish agency
Great
Regional Coordinator at ICE (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon7 March 2018
Good supports from consultant and always kept up to date. Good pay and always have my best interests. Always available to talk to and really efficient.
Agency
Scheduler /Planner (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire6 March 2018
Temporary placement, not particularly well matched to my skill set, and location was quite remote.

Very little instruction from the agency regarding processes.

Worked to the best if my ability whilst looking for a more suitable post.
Pros
Good on site facilities
Nice workplace
Lorry Driver (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire28 February 2018
I was involved in a really really friendly staff and management... They helped us when was needed. Thank you and I hope this review will be helpful...
Associate Compliance Partner (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 February 2018
My job role entails carrying out pre-screening checks for new candidates who have been offered temporary job roles at Barclays Bank, Computercentre, Sony, Virgin Media and the Nhs via Hays Talent Solutions.
Calling referees to retrieve employment references background/credit checks and collect relevant documentation.
Collecting and filing necessary documentation.
Liaising with the clients, candidates, consultants and specialists.
Completing compliance checks on behalf of the candidate and company.
Ensuring candidates meet the requested requirements and are eligible to work within the UK.
mostly a good place to work
Warehouse Operative (part time) (Former Employee) –  Coalville20 February 2018
Fast paced, great when busy. had contracts incldiinng waitrose, BP ...This place is now closed down....had a blast? what else do you want me to say?
Nice place to work
Associate Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire13 February 2018
After graduating University Hays provided me with the opportunity to undertake my first role in recruitment. I worked on my problem solving skills and through excellent support and training honed my time management, interviewing and commnication techniques with customers/clients. Sadly the particlar desk wasn't for me long term, but I worked as part of an excellent team for over 6 months.
Pros
fantastic team, training opportunities and support
Great company
Mobile Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire11 February 2018
Lovely staff who bend over backwards to find you work. Very friendly and enthusiastic. Jobs they send you to are of a high standard in professionalism.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
None as yet
Hays PLC IT Operations Desk
IT Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 January 2018
A very good temp contract on the Hays IT operations desk. Worked with a great team and learnt a lot.

My job role included:

• providing 1st line ICT support for a number of global Charity
organisations
• Identify and resolving technical faults quickly and efficiently
meeting SLA’s
• Monitoring Hays ICT systems for processor and application
error or issue’s
• Filing technical data reports to relevant support teams.

Thoroughly enjoyable.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Was only a temporary contract
good work culture
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 January 2018
was really a nice agency to work with very proffessional and on hand to always assist workers, the total management was very good. i must say it was a great experience
Temporary worker
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 January 2018
Positive experience so far following redundancy. Currently in between assignments. Awaiting further employment opportunities. Would like more "catch up" contact.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Uncertainty
No work life balence
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset15 January 2018
I worked 7.30 - 6.30 everyday, nothing I did was enough for the company. I felt everything I did was critisied.

I didn't have proper training as my manager was leaving when I was hired that this made my job very hard.
A good place to work
Senior Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London14 January 2018
A good place to work but due it very small size 150 employees no career progression. Would recommend other to work got HAYES as the people are good fun and have great knowledge.
Pros
A good place to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.