Hays Employee Reviews

Great for training not good for Senior Manangemnt
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon28 July 2018
excellent training and operation, awful senior management who do not value good staff, only staff that can be moulded of have a more than professional relationship with. HR have no interest if you have a problem at work all they care about if the bottom line.
Glad I worked there as they taught me how to recruit and I would of stayed if new management weren't bought in and ruined the whole office
recruitment agency
5 weeks as Purchase Ledger clerk (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands20 July 2018
Introduced to various temporary positions.
I was never recommended to a permanent position interview.
The temporary positions helped to gain experience.
Hays Recruitment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 July 2018
Great place for training, very supportive managers willing to share sales techniques and role play. Lovely people working within all offices. Great place for a new recruiter.
Pros
Training
Cons
5 hours of BD a day expected
Excellent company to temp for
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield16 July 2018
I have only done one assignment for Hays so far, but have found them to be a great company to work for, the company I worked for was a much larger office than I had worked for in the past
Enjoyable work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames15 July 2018
Good company to work for, with a good working environment. Day to day I was an office administrator, welcoming in people looking for work and keep up with daily office tasks.
Review
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Cheshire13 July 2018
My duties here were:

To receive telephone orders
Managing deliveries with the most efficient delivery time scales and most cost effective
Multi depot communication
Plan and dispatch concrete orders
Critical time management service for same day orders
In depth knowledge in road conditions and driver legislation
experience
support worker (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire11 July 2018
less and less shifts offered. No contact unless I chase up. Says will contact and nothing. Had to pay to do training myself. Staff I worked with from hays are great.
Pros
better rate of pay than most
Cons
less and less hours offered
Efficient
Learning Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 July 2018
They always got in touch with me and kept me up to date with what was going on.
I was temping and I never went more than a couple of weeks without work.
Reasonable
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire9 June 2018
Found work for me almost immediately after I signed up. One month's sick leave cover led to three years and two months, but still on a Temporary basis.
I made the job my own, but office politics led to my being refused for a permanent position.
Hays are not brilliant as employment agents, but could be described as adequate. They have to be chased in order to obtain results.
Hardest part of the job - there wasn't one. I found the work to be easy.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Having to pay my own holiday pay, and "earn" holiday time.
job satisfaction
Transport Office Assistant Dates of Employment (Former Employee) –  Normanton, West Yorkshire8 June 2018
all the other jobs I have had I have got some enjoyment from and never changed a job for the last 18yrs, but now I have no choice, but the companies I have worked for prior to Carlsberg uk have been amazing
Pros
learning
pleasant courteous people
Apprentice Trainer / Functional Skills tutor (Former Employee) –  North East8 June 2018
I had a very good working relationship with the contacts that I had . Very fast and efficient working relationship , with all problems and queries dealt with very professionally .
Great Company to work for
Joiner/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Moray6 June 2018
Hays can be a great company to help find work promptly. Great rate of pay on PAYE as well as options for subcontracted self employed work. I ended up working with Moray Council and it was one of the best jobs I have ever had...although it can be down to luck of the draw as to whether the placement is good or not.
Interesting and productive place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Thatcham8 May 2018
This was Interim Contract working for a division of Hays Logistics which had the contract to manage and run three Regional Distribution Centres on behalf of Scottish and Newcastle plc
Pros
Staff car parking
Supportive employers
Cover Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Lancashire19 April 2018
Great to work with Hays in every aspect they really look out for what you want and are suited to your needs - great for people considering teaching but want to try first and those who like flexibility in educational roles.
Pros
Free Training and free DBS
Cons
Low pay and last minute assignments
An amazing company
Bricklayer/ assistant site manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 April 2018
Hays are the best agency going without fail.
I have worked for them from 2012-2018 and they have always put me with professional construction contractors and subcontractors.
Their efficient at dealing with the client for you regarding your hours and rate of pay and agree everything with you prior to starting.
I believe they are the best agency around because they get the big construction companies such as Kier, Carters and big subcontractors workers, therefore you don't end up working for small business's that are more cut throat.
They handle their workers with respect and will raise any issues you have on your behalf.
Aslong as you are punctual, professional, good at what you do and have a good attitude about how you manage your business you will always be able to rely on Hays to pay your way in life and earn money.
They also have clipper contracting, which are a very good umbrella company to work for where you can claim back your expenses.
Or you can get paid through a limited company as i do myself, where you can also have the option to get paid in gross and do your own taxes.
The possibilities are endless if you work hard you will achieve.
Working out of the london office with Micky Piper, the cambridge office with james blackham and Inga, and the northampton office with Paul Knightly i can honestly bank on them always keeping touch with upcoming work which is required in the construction industry as it is so versatile.
Great Agency to Work With
Student FO - Interim Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Guildford13 April 2018
would recommend Hays to anyone. Once you find the right consultant you can be happy. Most consultants are genuinely looking out for the candidate but as with anywhere, some are bonus driven which is a shame.
Good place
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire10 April 2018
Good place to work, lovely people.
Learned a lot of skills.
Not much room for progression. Work hours are terrible and destroy work life balance.
Easy
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cardiff27 March 2018
The company is well run and it was easy to get work.
Very negative & poor management
CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 March 2018
Management have created a hostile environment, no career progression, a lot of temps so they can lay people off easily.
Teams and front office are good and environment is a lot healthier
Pros
Struggling to think of one
Cons
Not enough characters to list
They never ring you back .
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim25 March 2018
Promise that they will ring you back but never do.
This firm was fairly good about 10 years ago, they are now totally rubbish. Take anything they say with a pinch salt and look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
They never ring you back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.