Hays Employee Reviews

Great temp agency
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex6 December 2017
Very helpful staff at Hays Personnel who are always on hand when needed and happy to help with any enquiries.
Timesheets and payroll department have alsobeen helpful.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Holiday pay taken weekly
flexible and friendly
Supply nursery nurse (Current Employee) –  Leeds27 November 2017
sometimes I get shifts and sometimes i dont, but I get a choice of when i can work and the nurseries vary, sometimes they don't need any agency workers and other times they want you full time.
Pros
good pay, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, costly travel, nursery settings too far away.
Excellent training
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff24 November 2017
A fast paced environment, strong attention to detail with training and lots of promotion opportunities, long hours required to be successful but company culture is enjoyable.
Work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire19 November 2017
Nice place to work for.very hard qorking people to get you a work place.willing to go the extra mile for you.always paid on time and very nice people to work for.
Cons
Nice hours
Temporary worker
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Surrey13 November 2017
Recruitment agency offering temporary and permanent roles, nice variety of higher class roles.

good communication to customers and suppliers.

High staff turn over.
Typical Low Cost Agency
Temporary Data Admin (Former Employee) –  Bamber Bridge, Lancashire7 November 2017
Kept working there as the hours were great.Strange place to work no really team spirit. But then they suddenly closed the contract whilst I was on holiday.
approachable & efficient
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Coventry1 November 2017
Currently temping, they found me work within a day - a 6 wk contract which has been extended. Always return calls, answer queries. Staff are very approachable and knowledgeable about their area - am really pleased so far.
Agency good place
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 November 2017
I was only with the agency for a few months and worked for them briefly before getting my full time job,

The placement i worked at was a very busy distribution business,

It was mainly being on reception for the day and checking the lorries in and putting them through to the office if they were having delays or broken down etc,
Pros
was a good place to work
Cons
unable to get to by public transport as out of the way
good at getting local jobs
Labourer/Groundworker (Former Employee) –  Kent30 October 2017
I worked in many different places doing general labouring work. I worked with others and also by myself,

I would have liked a more permanent place of work ( work longer in one place to build up a trust with the company I was working for).
Pros
short distance travelling
Cons
temporary
Very respectful workers/managers and a very fun workplace
Labourer and diamond drilling (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 October 2017
It has its up and downs but theres not alot of bad words i would put in for the company. Very reliable for when your in need of work and the staff are well manered and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
bristol based but you will have to travel around alot.
Fun Workplace
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire21 October 2017
Great place to work, good atmosphere lots of opportunities to progress within the company. And even abroad if the need takes you to move abroad. Would recommend to anyone
Good range of work supplied in a range of enviorments
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 October 2017
No typical day, I would work in a variety of positions some times a day some times 2 or more months.
examples of jobs I did would be Warehouse work in the main,
retail, basic office work, data entry, telesales, refuse collection, recycling warehouse work, kern operator, royal mail work.

I learnt a lot of different skills and an appreciation for how each job can bring its own challenges and chances to learn transferable skills.
Pros
variety, regularity of work
Cons
some jobs were very repetitive
Receptionist
Agency Employee (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire11 October 2017
I was employed on a temporary basis to cover reception at a Gp Surgery. I worked 1.30-6.30 Mon-Fri.
Hays gave me support when I needed help with pay and timesheets.
I was very happy with them even though I was only employed for 3 months
Pros
afternoon work
Hardworking environment that teaches one to graft
Labourer, Site Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bath, Somerset10 October 2017
Working as a labourer on a building site is not the easiest job in the world, it entails early starts and long hours but I found it ingrained in me the value of hard work
Pros
Good banter
Cons
PA to Senior Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London27 September 2017
Had a very happy time working at Hays, I thoroughly enjoyed it and I only left because of the lack of career progression for the admin staff. But overall its a good company.
Temporary work
Adiministrater (Former Employee) –  Bromley Town27 September 2017
I specifically worked for them to fill a role for Direct Line who asked for me to return on a temporary basis following 6 months after redundancy.
flexible start and finish time
Pros
holiday pay
a very good experience
Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Selston, Nottinghamshire22 September 2017
i was placed at a flooring company in selston i realy enjoyed the day to day duties given to me,i learned about resin coated floor surfaces and some of the big projects the company are involved in
Pros
easy going approach to the working hours
Cons
mixing hazardous chemicals
Supply teaching is fun but there's varied work amounts
Supply teacher (Former Employee) –  Devon14 September 2017
Hays are great at finding as much work as they can but it's very quiet towards holidays so you don't earn anything in these times. Working in a variety of schools is fun and challenging.
Pros
Deals on holidays and some shopping
Cons
No pay when there's no work
Supply Teacher
Maestra (Former Employee) –  Exeter, United Kingdom13 September 2017
Durante este tiempo estuve haciendo sustituciones como maestra en diversos niveles y en distintos colegios, principalmente en “Haytor View” el cual ya he valorado anteriormente.

Este trabajo requería de una gran flexibilidad y adaptación positiva a nuevas situaciones y modos de trabajo puesto que había veces que estaba en distintos colegios cada día.
Cut Throat Environment
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 September 2017
You need a thick skin to work in recruitment. If you're able to do the job well, the rewards (financially) can be great.

Long working hours: contract is 42.5hrs minimum.

Management: overstretched. over the last few years we have gone from having 4 directors to 2 covering all of the Scottish business. Not enough support and management time to give good coaching.

Workplace culture: fast paced, you always have your finger on the pulse.

Hardest part of the job: rejection from clients or candidates.

Most enjoyable part of the job: beating the competition when placing a candidate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9