If you looking for good work and life balance in your life, you will have to be creative and strategic to achieve these. Temporary work through agency in my opinion only serves gaining experience to move on. If you have areas of specialities or expertise you must communicate these clearly in writing and reinforce verbally, why? You could be sent for assignment your not trained in (agency just wants to fill a spot on the day at short notice and consultant thought of you). Make sure you are briefed fully on the type of role your going in for, coping with challenging behaviour is not for everyone and agency won’t really take the time to listen to your needs when your on the job. Schools with through you in the deep end first day in, no matter the context. Schools management staff will often not take anytime to ask you probing questions testing your level of understanding of the special needs. They mainly assume you can apply common sense and you go in knowing what to To expect of the job. I had a home emergency once and still had to fully commit myself to work as per usual. Temporary work provides no job protection if you need to take time off to attend to emergency matters.
You will find more likely than not the weekly pay cannot cover sufficiently living costs, travels costs and other day to day expenses incurred from working.
Make sure you are confident.
- How should you prepare for an interview at Hays?7 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Hays?7 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Hays?7 people answered
- Does Hays require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background check does Hays do and h…6 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Hays?6 people answered
- How does someone get hired at Hays? What are the steps along the way?6 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at Hays?6 people answered
- Do hay pay travel expenses5 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Hays?5 people answered
- What would you suggest Hays management do to prevent others from leaving?4 people answered