Hawthorns Retirement

Hawthorns Retirement Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
working hard all shift, there's always something to do, whether its cleaning, washing dishes, using the dishwasher, mopping, sweeping, collecting stock from stock cupboards or laying all the tables.

the management is very friendly and welcomed me when i first joined. the hardest part of the job is how hot it is in the kitchen. its a very hard working job because its like a workout.

the most enjoyable part of the job is laying the tables correctly and filling the waters.
Pros
half an hour break, friendly people working and living there
Cons
rooms are so warm, feel lightheaded and sick from the chemicals
Communication Really poor. Managers have different Rules for team . Head office notifications not followed on Ground . 5 years been here worst job in my career.
I’ve work at the Hawthrons for 3yrs and the job is face paced and hard work but that’s the nature of the business and job. ALL care homes are the same. I enjoy my job
Pros
Nice team and environment
Cons
Fast paced and busy
Not a nice environment to work in or with the awful staff they employ. There is no compassion for the residents even though they are paying a large amount of money to stay there.
Cons
nice place to work lovely people just lack of staff always people out which increased workload severely made everything fall out of place without much guidance training was great though high standards of hygiene
Pros
free food
Cons
split shifts
Working at the Hawthorns has been an insight into true quality. The work environments are high class and provide an excellent foundation to perform to the highest standards without unnecessary challenges.

Management are supportive of your growth and development and there are opportunities to push on within the various teams at the Hawthorns.

I cannot recommend the Hawthorns enough as an employer and would recommend anyone to experience what an excellent employer they are.
Pros
High quality work environments, supportive manager, opportunities to develop
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hawthorns Retirement. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8