Haven Employee Reviews

Depressing company
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Devon15 February 2019
Work usually starts with the head of department walking by you and ignoring you,not even a hello. You do not learn anything with this company except cut corners and save money. Managers are ignorant and above\aloof. Hardest part of the job is being used and abused then insulted with the minimum wage,and encouraged to go "the extra 2 millimetres" (whatever that means) to be rewarded by ....nowt!

A company so out of touch you would not believe. "Managers" of no knowledge,beating a drum they are told beat,by managers with no rhythm.
Young cheap labour preferred to save the company money to enhance senior managers and of year bonuses which they will rub in your faces guaranteed.

A box ticking "company"induction ,come computer program scheme,can take 18 hours to 7hours of your own time to complete, which should select the right candidate,however ,should you be foreign and not sleek ingiishh,it's a 100% pass via help.
Pros
Used uniform
Cons
Company propaganda
A joke
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kiln Park Tenby29 January 2019
Worked at mini Market assistant long hours, some staff haven't a clue what they were doing, there was favouritism from management and those who worked hard didn't get noticed. Well management and some team leaders are a joke ( not professional at all)
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Long hours and bad management
fun environment to work in
Seasonal Worker (Current Employee) –  east of England14 January 2019
i was there for 7 years. i learned many skills during this time.unfortunately, my manager lacked leadership skills and people skills. they would not go out of their way to help, and would only think of them self. sad really as the company was fantastic to work for, and if it were not for this particular manager, im sure i would have still been there
Pros
annual bonuses, training opportunities, great atmosphere
Cons
selfish line manager
Team leader of gift shop mini market
Team Leader Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prestatyn haven9 January 2019
I been here for 2 years this will be my 3 year I love the place love everything about it I work my way up to team leader of gift shop everyone works well as a team we all have fun and it's an amazing place for family's and friends my kids love it and I will keep going back to work here as its amazing
really enjoyable
Arcade Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Weymouth7 January 2019
there were a few things about this job I really enjoyed such as topping up the 2p machines loading up the teddy and helping kids choose their prizes here I also learned basic skills on certain machines
Easy and fun job to have.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland7 January 2019
As security you pretty much are thee Go To people once reception closes. So it's not all about standing in one spot bored like in a night club. Checking passes and having a laugh on entry, changing gas bottles so guests stay warm, nightly entertainment on stage.
With families coming from all over it's a great mix of people to look after. I return every year. (It's difficult to progress but enjoyable non the less)
Pros
Fun, easy and enjoyable
Cons
Seasonal contract
No respect
Accommodation Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Perranporth, Cornwall5 January 2019
Run by idiots
No chain of command
Goalposts constantly changing
Bullying rife
Unrealistic targets set
Terrible us and them mentality
Park run by a despot
Pros
Cons
treat you like garbage
Productive and fun place
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 November 2018
Great place to work all the staff were great never 2 days the same full of laughter but a very productive company also gave me my opportunity to get into management which will always be greatful off.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Long hours at times
Never again
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ayr West26 November 2018
Dreadful experience, depends on how much your liked as to what accommodation is given to you, supervisors are a joke they spend most of the day talking about the staff, office is a joke and no real guidance on why your paid a certain rate, poor supplies and uniforms
Pros
Cons
Time management a joke
Avoid
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Filey, North Yorkshire19 November 2018
This is the worst place to work now it used to be amazing but all new management have taken over all they care about is selling caravans and there is no support of other hod and the general manager I worked there for years but 20018 was my last straw you work every hour of the day there is no time for family or social life and for the work you do and hours you do is it's not worth it even guests don't want to return and owners want to leave I do not recommend this company until bourn leisure sort the management out first.
Pros
Cons
Managment
Love it
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex14 November 2018
The best thing about working her is all the new friends I have made management including a very enjoyable place to work would highly recommended it you may be on min wage but the friendships you form are priceless
Pros
Haven family
Cons
Only seasonal
Worst job i have ever had
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth12 November 2018
This is the worst job I have ever had, absolutely hated it, money is minimum wage and the things we had to do was unbelievable for that, it's only seasonal aswell so no security so do not work here, I would rather be on benefits than work here again
Place is a dive
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  Craig tara, ayr6 November 2018
As long as your "FRIENDS" with the management you will get on. Flinging your dummy out the pram gets you all the good jobs. Can't do the job properly because it's a "That will do attitude".
Pros
Finnishing at 3.30
Garbage
Accommodation Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exmouth, Devon25 September 2018
Avoid at all costs. This is an absolute wreck to work for the management has no clue what they're doing and treat their staff terribly. Always loaded with too much work and sacked for having a doctor's note. Garbage company.
Peak season
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Wales5 September 2018
Good job for a couple weeks during peak season. Worked in Wales this summer and had a good time, made some memories. Baby shark is in my head as well as the seaside squad song, but apart from that the job is decent as well as the hours and the pay isn’t too bad once you factor in tips.

Top tip; keep yourself to yourself. I made the mistake of not. When you live with people and work with them it’s easy to get caught up in gossip. Don’t be like me!
Pros
Banter, easy job, great customers and management
Cons
Hours drop after season
Great job shame about office workers
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Haven Ayr26 August 2018
Not enough cleaning products best off buying your own the office is a complete joke you can't get to speak to no one or they try and belittle you infront of other workers they put your wages up and down to suit them without notice
Pros
Meet lovely people
Cons
Poor communication
Poor management
Accommodation Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire7 August 2018
Treated badly heavy work load
Always running out of cleaning products
Not enough staff
The management doesn’t know what there doing

Avoid avoid avoid
Not a good place to work
Pros
Hard to tell
Cons
Heavy work load
Stay away
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset13 July 2018
Avoid working for haven at all costs, the pay is poor keep losing your payslip didn't even let you have hoilday pay even for pre booked hoilday, the management were kids with no understanding of how to run anything let alone a hoilday camp
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor management
Busy
Seasonal Floor Member (Former Employee) –  Allhallows, Kent8 July 2018
Management changed frequently so the restaurant was unorganised, I can't speak for it now. Staff were mostly friendly with good camaraderie but the pay was minimum wage and little to no benefits, hours during peak season were long.
Complex cleaning
Complex Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Craig Tara Holiday patk16 June 2018
I worked here as a complex cleaner. The job is ok management absolute waste of time. Not sure why they are even there as it's the staff that run the holiday camp.
Supposed to be one great team that's an absolute joke as the cleaning team aren't . Would I go back only if it was the last job on earth...
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management rubbish.