Haven Holidays
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Haven Holidays Employee Reviews

United Kingdom145 reviews
Working as a Dancer/Entertainer for Haven brought out my confidence and helped me find out a lot about myself. The hours were split shifts, very fast paced and it’s a very energetic job.
Very lovely company to work for, amazing brand standards and a lot of trust in employees. A place to grow and learn new skills. Very friendly environment.
Most departments had poor management and lack of training and highly biased. No communication between staff which makes it difficult to work around...
Cons
Low Rates for role.
Whilst i worked their often the younger members were yelled at by the managers when they were having a bad day. They had constantly been changing how we had to do things pretty much weekly and would tell people off when they either didn't know or made the mistake of doing it the old way. They fired a lot of the older (18+) members so they didn't have to pay as much for the staff but left the service heavily under trained and experienced. Many people would come and go and often it was down to normal workers to deal with the manager's/team leader's role. Plus it was less of a business and more persoanl since if people liked you more or you could flirt or 'get in' with certain higher up staff, you had a better time. I remember it got to a point where I personally was having to do the whole of the front of house for a decently large building since the manager didn't bother to show up, staff left due to the job being that bad, team leader hanging out the back emptying a couple bottle bins and the only other member of the FoH in the kitchen helping with desserts. Honestly was one of the worst Jobs I've worked in and would put anyone off working with that company or a position in that field again. But this could be just that job style since the next bar-tending job i did also deceived in how to job was actually ran
Cons
Couldnt keep your tips, pay wasnt good, managers didnt do anything but cause more chaos, large turnover in staff, no support from above, very little training, was literally the bare minimum you could legally(possibly illegally) call a workplace.
fun , nicely paced job for young men and women running activity sessions for families on holidays, 9-5 days nice and easy graft to be honest, deffo recomend
Terrible company to work for, no one knows what there doing! You never get paid correctly.. payslips conveniently go missing so you can,t complain to your manager & give them a hard time. So clicky it's unbelievable.. all the managers are intrested in is there bonus & talking about other staff members. Don, t tell them anything personal or everyone will no. You actually get rewarded for failure
Pros
20% off already over priced stuff
Cons
Underpaid & messed about
I hate work they was not fair with me made me work on my own cleaning carvans. And not getting a break and nobody talk to you and keep you working late.
busy most of the time, good team good management, stressful when in peak, good company to work for good benifits and opportunities, enjoyable times had
Terrible unsupportive management. Bullying culture rife. A lot of back stabbing. You are treated with no respect. You are expected to work Long hours for rubbish pay.
On line applications go any where and give know information where next interviews taking place . Had to phone up chosen holiday park to find out. AS know responding when email application site. Even if got the job
Online pass words are not saved for what ever reason when needing to do onlin training . This most be lot of pressure on higher rank staff .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Haven Holidays?
I loved working here. Everyone's friendly and helpful all getting along. The environment is the best and a great place to be. Everyone's happy and makes the customers feel welcomed and like they can really enjoy their holiday knowing any problems will be sorted out straight away.
get the train and go to haven have a brew collect cleaning stuff and work then get train home management was really good and helpful most enjoyable part of the job was working my myself
Full of opportunity, and development of its team members. Company not afraid to put new team on courses and pay for them rather than have team pay out before employement.
The staff where very friendly and helpful in making me feel welcome. As it was only a work shadowing day i did not have any practical work but still felt included
Lots to do therefore days went quickly. Great team along with reasonable pay. Overall a good. The maintenance team were a great team. This wasn't just seasonal.
I enjoyed working for Haven, the staff and management were very friendly. It is a great company to work for and I wish I had gone back for another season.
had fun working and living there most of the time left the job to be closer to family due to the complex being a bit out of the way but still would recommend to other young people to work there
Management poor. You are asked always to do extra hours with no additional time off. GM poor with bad work ethic. They take advantage of their staff. Working conditions no heating in winter.
Pros
Cons
Working hours/pay/management
Great place to work. Ideal job if you like working outside with various jobs. Busy at times. Chance to progress if willing. 20% Off in the haven shop when employed'
Pros
Good team
Cons
Always gave good opportunity and promoted progression and development. Always happy to help you achieve what you wanted and encouraged you to be motivated.
When I got the job, I was looking forward to it. However I couldn't get out there fast enough after each shift. Staff talked about each other, management abused you when feeling down and laugh at you if you mention complaining about them.

Very toxic place from what I remember.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haven Holidays. Our community is ready to answer.