Haven Holidays Employee Reviews

Haven is a great company to work for
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Perranporth, Cornwall23 August 2019
The hardest job I did there was dealing with rude customers who kept swearing but also the most enjoyable part of the job was having a chat with the people on holiday
Appalling..
Linen Porter (Former Employee) –  Perranporth22 August 2019
After working outside in a storm all day without PPE, I was suffering from exposure (hypothermic). This can be life-threatening.. No-one helped, the manager, in his dry, warm clothing, gave me a real verbal going-over in front of other staff.. humiliation.
2 months after leaving, still trying to get holiday pay owed to me. Manager will not speak to me when I call. Never again!
Fun work place, appalling management
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  haven hopton19 August 2019
worked here back in 2017

great vibes from staff and colleagues
management are up there arses
they bring no real work ethic for staff and ever year onto the next group of people
Pros
good team
Cons
pay for your food, terrible wage
Avoid
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wales17 August 2019
Was promised a pay rise once I was up to 5 caravans a day and I never saw this pay rise. Their excuse was that I was still in training, which they say you have finished once up to at least 5 caravans a day! Absolute degrading place to work, poor management, horrible guests that live like animals and trash the caravans. I walked into a caravan one day and it was so bad I cried, I then spent 1hour just picking up rubbish! And when youre trying to work there are guests attracting seagulls by throwing food everywhere which are causing havoc. They cannot seem to pay their staff properly. The cleaning department is not the only department I have worked in in this park, I was an outdoor team member and they still couldnt pay me then! The support from the company is non-existent! They draw you in on a lie of decent money and then cant even be bothered with you once you are there. Avoid at all costs!
Poor management
Accommodation Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Blackpool11 August 2019
Pay always wrong not enough cleaning materials
No support
Bad management
People that can’t manage to even clean
Under paid under valued
Need I say any more
Pros
Not any
Cons
Never pay never paid right
Incredible workplace
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Exmouth, Devon25 July 2019
Absolutely one of the best jobs I’ve had! Management are incredible, and the employees as well! One big family! Busy all the time so have to be efficient, every day’s a challenge but definitely a good one! Long hours but it’s worth it when you are interacting with a great team, and great guests.
Pros
Working with the best people
terrible management
Arcade Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea19 July 2019
management a petty untrained woman spreading rumours, gossiping with mash and barrel upstairs, telling customers she wants to die and not doing a thing but eating take out in the staffroom and facetiming her friends. all the time. threatened other workers. took a week off for her mental health, was there every day distracting everyone. painted arcade kiosk without higher-up permission.

a horrible, horrible place to work,
carvan cleaner
accommodation/caravan cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mablethorpe18 July 2019
I did carvan cleaning for over a year lover ever mint of it and know I could go back

also will go back aswell if I can get a nother job with them anyday
Pros
have to get you own food
Cons
only 2 day a week
Team Culture Great/Pay horrendous
Holidays Administrator (Former Employee) –  uk16 July 2019
Great company with the customers and staff at the forefront of all decisions
HOWEVER
No two people are paid the same for similar positions. Haven just pay the bare minimum that they believe each individual will take.

This means that some are paid handsomely and some are barely paid minimum living wage for management positions.

Many seasonal team are paid more per hour that the permanent team in management roles
Pros
Team perks website
Cons
Long hours, terrible wages
Sounds good at the start
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Flamborough, East Riding of Yorkshire13 July 2019
Sounds good at the start but as time goes on it all changes for the worst. Management underhanded, wages wrong. No one knew what they were doing. Disorganized place I have ever worked for. No structure at all.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
Use and abuse staff
Bad company.
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Hastings10 July 2019
The company doesn't care about its staff at all, they treat you like an idiot for the whole of your employment and the management are rude and nasty.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management
Not Always Bright and Breezy!
Complex Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flamborough15 June 2019
Complex cleaning Supervisor, early mornings, late nights, staff not turning up having to cover with extra workload. There were good training sessions and plenty of fun.
Pros
Nice environment to work
Cons
N/a
Cleaning
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Perranporth13 May 2019
Have a time table for the day and clean the vans to the standard that is expected if needed pick up slack and help others who maybe struggling.
If your work is done you have the choice of collecting other vans that havnt been done or leave.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
can be hot
Great place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Gwynedd7 April 2019
This is a great workplace would go back . Hours are great the team is very understanding and helpfully and the park is amazing. Would suggest anyone to go here
Pros
Great team
Cons
Push trolley
Really nice people to work with very friendly and outgoing
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bourne6 March 2019
Really nice place to work very friendly and caring, great environment and employees. Would definitely recommend! They are always around if you need any help and are very flexible hours.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Distance
very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool17 January 2019
I had a brilliant time at work was a shame it had to end as the boss and the other team members where very nice and supportive, are cery nice and is c
All work no life
Duty Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pwllheli14 January 2019
Expect to much from employees with no reward. Pay less than minimum wage. Higher management not approachable. Expected to work on days off. Lucky if you get a break
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Prices are well above average
Funwork place
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Berwick-Upon-Tweed, Northumberland4 January 2019
Great work place to meet new people. Always doing something and enteraining guests. Gives you a few challenges such as 9 weeks will be busy so you git to know how to cope in busier times.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Long hourd
Overall Haven is a very good place to work, and a place to visit. Great atmosphere and staff, 2018-2019 menu was a brilliant update from the previous.
Bar Staff and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire17 December 2018
Great fun working at Haven Holidays, amazing team to
Work with, great atmosphere. Always love to see families are getting the full experience they expect.
Pros
Its like being in a big work family
Rewarding
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hayle29 October 2018
A very rewarding job with lots of potential to gain further career opportunities and qualifications. Meeting new people and making new friends whilst working as a team.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Seasonal