HAVANT BOROUGH COUNCIL Employee Reviews

badly managed
Elections Admin (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire27 September 2017
badly managed.. staff expected to work without breaks and preference given to other 'friends' of manager. Other incapable staff given priority over others more capable
Pros
local
Cons
no breaks, expectations unreal, poor salary, dated working ethos
HR Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Havant20 July 2016
I am really pleased with the tine I have spent at the Council and the skills I have learnt,

I am a quick learner and this has been a huge help over the past year ensuring I have been an asset to the team.
Pros
Car Share
Cons
Short contract
groundsman
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  havant7 February 2015
I would work as part of a team and maintain the external areas of the local communities. Duties included, grass cutting, maintaining hedges, fencing, painting, planting trees, and flowers.
productive and fun workplace
enviromental officer (Current Employee) –  Havant, ENG22 January 2014
My work day starts at 7pm. I am allocated work like grass or hedge cutting,helping with flood defences or waste disposal.I have learned to work well alone and as part of a team.Also time management skills has been very good,tasks are completed without any overlaps.
Management is very professional, we are assisted with any difficulities we may have and as long as the job is done to an acceptable standard management is happy.My co-workers are friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is during the summer,the work load more or less triples with summer holidays.But we always rise to the challenge.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction you get by keeping the enviroment clean and the appreciation shown by members of the community.
Pros
No pressure
Cons
Unsocial Hours
Good friendly place to work
Traffic Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Havant22 August 2013
Good atmosphere - great staff.

Typical day is not typicaly - each day is always different, from producing traffic orders to liasing and meeting with Councillors.
Nice, hard working co-workers
SAFETY CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Havant, ENG14 August 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job, is getting to know the diverse members of the workforce during training sessions. The hardest part of the job is getting people to attend training sessions. The majority of my co-workers are friendly people, I've got to know a lot more of them over the past four years. There is no typical day at work as it can vary, some days I can be sat at my desk dealing with a mountain of paperwork, others I could be visiting one of our various sites either to carry out training or attend meetings. Since working in H&S I have completed two professional qualifications and attended courses to enable me to become an internal trainer.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Poor wage
outside working
loader (Current Employee) –  Havant15 February 2013
collecting and emptying domestic and recycling bin making sure they are returned to the property
Pros
some early finish
Cons
some bad management