Hastings Direct Employee Reviews

Very Generous!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 February 2019
A very generous review of HD. A company that bangs on & on about it's precious 4C's and how they like to look after their colleagues. Well, that they do, as long as you keep your mouth wired shut, have zero personality and don't have any opinions to voice. I think that's about sums their ideal employee actually!

Tedius procedures setup to keep every single person from CR to TL working like a robot. New ideas? HA. Don't be so silly, they wouldn't want to implement new ideas to improve productivity and allow a better working envrionment to grow. That would be silly.

Unless you like being condisended and treat like a child, do not bother applying. As for 'future prospects' they're practically non-existent. A number of CR's have been ready to make the next step, as have 'step-up team leaders' but they're simply used as covering scapegoats with false hope.

10/10 typical call centre with no passion to change for the better.
Pros
Can't think of any.
Cons
Long unsociable hours, generic call centre (faslely claiming to be different).
vibrant and enjoyable
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leicester28 November 2018
everyone is open and willing to help great working environment
and hours are great for a work and social life balance. great incentives ran on a weekly to monthly bases
Pros
free lunches
7 December 2018

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Hastings Direct.

A havent a clue company
Team Manager/ Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Leicester City Centre, Leicestershire19 November 2018
I worked here as a manager and i have never worked in such a disorganised environment. Contact Centre Leaders more worried about gossip and trying to get their own managers to tell them of wrong doing of others.

Too quick to people into disciplinary and listening to idle gossip. i experienced racism from another manager and nothing was done.

Do not look after own staff and quick to bribe people with treats to get them to work. No real incentive and no appreciation.

worse place ever to work
27 November 2018

We value your feedback and are disappointed to learn that your experience working here was not a positive one. Our colleague experience is very important to us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss further with you so we can fully understand your personal experience.

Please do feel free to get in touch with us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

Good Place to work and supportive
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 November 2018
Provide many opportunities to do secondments and progression in the business. Training is good and they really support customer representatives. Good and understanding team leaders aswell
Pros
Many incentives
Cons
Mostly phone based
9 November 2018

Employees are treat like slaves
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester9 October 2018
This company contradict ever they say. Hours we long, team leaders not trained at all to do the job they expect their team members to do. Basically if your not going to brown nose a manager or team leader your never going to get recognition or climb the career ladder in the Leicester branch
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Too many to mention
17 October 2018

We value your feedback and are disappointed to learn that your experience working here was not a positive one. Our colleague/candidate experience is very important to us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss further with you so we can fully understand your personal experience.
Please email us at RecruitmentTeam@hastingsdirect.com

Fun workplace with plenty of opportunities for advancement
Renewals Agent (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 September 2018
A typical day at work will be dealing with wonderful customers over the phone, occasionally you will get a difficult customer but this is to be expected. Definitely the best job I have ever had so far, the managers and team leaders are generally very supportive, and deal with my issues well, especially since I have a long term sickness. They have improved work life for me, and done everything they can to make sure I am comfortable. Colleagues at Hastings Direct are lovely, and we regularly get together outside of work. I'd say the hardest part of the job is the training when you first start. It is very vigorous and there is a lot to learn within a short space of time, but I am glad I stuck around because it was all worth it. Most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be interacting with customers, a lot of the time you can have a lovely conversation over the phone! There are also a lot of benefits to the job such as bonuses, regular pay rises, the company brings in masseuses, takeaways, etc. for everyone on the floor which is great. There is also free fruit dotted around the call centre. The hours are reasonable, and after you pass probation you don't work evenings or weekends as a full time employee, the latest you will work is 7pm.
Pros
bonuses, free fruit, massages, takeaways, opportunity to advance
Cons
occasional difficult customers
15 October 2018

Ok place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire4 September 2018
nice to meet new people busy environment. Loads over overtime and incentives. Developing company so other job opportunities. Understanding contact centre managers.
Pros
loads of overtime
Cons
late hours
6 September 2018

Thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hastings Direct.

Excellent development oppurtunties
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire30 August 2018
I was working for Hastings Direct for 3 years starting off as a customer representative,Through my hard work and dedication i was than given an opportunity to become a team leader. I was in this role for a year and developed into a great leader by motivating and influencing my team members as development was one my key motivators.
Pros
location (city centre)
Cons
No parking, shifts
6 September 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and we’re pleased to learn that you enjoyed working for Hastings Direct.

An extremely pleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 August 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Hastings Direct is the community atmosphere in the office. Everybody is welcoming and accommodating, though the intensity of responding to a high volume of customer calls in a hectic environment wasn't for me. Dealing with angry customer complaints simply was not something that I felt comfortable dealing with.
6 September 2018

We're really pleased to hear how welcomed and valued you felt. Thank you for the work you carried out whilst with us to support our customers. We are sorry to hear the role wasn't for you but wish you all the best for the future!

Possibly the best company i worked for so far.
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester13 July 2018
I have been with Hastings Direct for over a year. It is a great place to work and the culture to work in. All employees are well looked after, respect and recognised the hard we do for the company. It is a great experience to be working with such amazing team. It much easier fro me to balance my work and personal life.
Pros
ice-cream, lunch vouchers, staff benifits for retail shopping discounts.
Cons
balance hours but planty of over time if anyone wish to advantage
24 August 2018

Thanks for your positive review and we're pleased you enjoy your experience at Hastings Direct ~ Grace

Overall Positive
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed working here. I was lucky enough to meet good people and having caring and proactive managers. I am not suited to the call centre environment but if you are then it can be very rewarding.
Pros
Lots of good people
Cons
Relentless call centre environment
Fantastic employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex6 June 2018
I currently work for hastings direct. its a great place to work with amazing benefits, support and colleagues. Lots on hands on support. Amazing rewards for achieving targets and also plenty of time to get together as a team outside of work and bond with your colleagues. would recommend them as a company to anyone.
Pros
company benefits and colleague support
Flexible balance
Claims Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex6 June 2018
I have been working at Hastings for 10years and we have recently have flexible working hours & home working introduced to our daily routine. it is great in respect of work/life balance & management can be flexible too - which is always a bonus.

the workplace culture is good, with a nice mixture of ages/experience etc

management are more in touch now with things that affected us on the ground than they ever have been HOWEVER the communication from top level management to staff on the floor could still do with a lot of improvement as although no doubt things are going on in the background, it isn't being filtered down
Pros
flexible working hours/working from home/management easily accesible
Cons
lack of communication
Hastings Direct
Renewals Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 June 2018
Hastings Direct has been an amazing place to work for and I feel like there are some amazing opportunities to succeed and flourish.
The environment and staff are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Great staff, Good hours
great place to work
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex6 June 2018
Have been at the company for approaching 18m now. I find the culture great, i work within a good team, and all my dealings with other teams have been good. Friendly work environment where everybody tries to help each other out where possible.

Its a long drive away for me which does effect my work life balance, although the company champions remote working which does mitigate this.

The company are making great efforts to improve mobility internally, and there are opportunities for those who merit it. The company provides good training and development programs to improve their staff.

The management are accessible and supportive.
Cons
office location
Hastings Direct WOW !
Credit Hire Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Bexhill6 June 2018
Hastings direct has given me the ability to work full time, progress and make my job into a career without my home life suffering. The culture and environment is second to none and the business values you as a person, your individual needs and takes all areas of your life into consideration.
Pros
Pay, Compassion, Understanding, Progression
Cons
None.!
intresting place to work.
Claims Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex5 June 2018
I start my day off at Hastings direct by doing overtime in the mornings and working my work allocation making sure my claims are up to date the best we can.

My manager advises me which work stream to work each morning.
The work is not manageable we have to many claims and not enough people to get through the work. The department constantly changes and puts processes in place which do not work and which are not logical.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with.
The pay is ok for the area but not the industry.
Pros
Can do overtime sometimes
Cons
work allocation to high
An ok place to work a lot of positive but also quite a few negatives.
Claims Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex5 June 2018
A typical day would be you work hard and your manager will review all your stats. You are asked to keep conversation to a minimum and can be told to "Be quiet" if you are involved in conversation.

Pros are you have freedom on how you work and structure your day but you are more controlled as a robot than a working human.

Managers favour the workers whom they get on better with and can work the office system of "Who you Know"

Treatment of women returning from maternity is atrocious and a disgrace.

Positives are the pay is ok for the area but not the industry.

Most enjoyable part are the co workers hardest part is you cannot converse with them during work time.
Pros
Allowed headphones
Cons
Managed like a robot
Fun and productive place to work
Techinal Advisor in Counter Fraud. (Current Employee) –  Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex5 June 2018
Hastings Direct is a fantastic place to work with plenty of opportunities for self growth. Day to day the work is structured well and I always feel confident with my work load due to the daily and weekly targets I am set. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people I meet everyday, it's a very sociable company.
Pros
Yearly bonus, work parties and events, the colleagues.
Cons
Certain departments have shift work.
Love working here!
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Bexhill, East Sussex5 June 2018
Working at Hastings Direct means that you're kept busy all day but given good break times and times in-between calls to rest so that it's not too full on. Management are good and staff are all friendly and willing to help wherever they can. People are all welcoming and the workplace culture is inviting. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers who, because staff are happy, are also happy.
Pros
Good breaks, nice staff, friendly management
Cons
Evening and weekend hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hastings Direct. Our community is ready to answer.

Hastings Direct Reviews by Location