Harveys Furniture

Harveys Furniture Employee Reviews

United Kingdom139 reviews
Harveys as a whole was one bad experience after another. Even when going through administration the company just keeps everything from you until the last minute. Then expects for you to just believe that everything will be OK when it clearly isn't going to be ... Commissions became what Commission after their earnings gate and as soon as the government put national living wage up so harveys earnings gate also went up
Pros
Great team to work with in store
Cons
Everything was always cloak and dagger. no one could up front and honest about anything.
Boring boring boring that is all I have to say! Too slow paced, not very fun to work at, find yourself just looking at the clock all day. Definitely won't recommend it!
Not the best company to work for, the transport department are very cliquey and you get spoken to in a very poor manner, they expect the world from their employees but don’t want to give anything back to them.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Transport department
Management is a disgrace, ran very poorly, shifts are awful, have to work weekends, management not willing to help, slight bit of power has gone to their heads and think they are above everyone else.

Systems are poor as is the training and the product is even poorer which means at least you are busy, however most of the time you will be busy advising people you won’t help them and just telling them to speak with the ombudsman

Top management don’t care about staff either and will shaftyou at every opportunity.
Pros
Some of the colleagues were decent people
Cons
Way too many to list.
Although I loved the work I was doing, my time at Harveys was made miserable by the management and the cut throat nature of the business.
Dragged up and down the country, working long hours with no appreciation.

The company is run by bullies with zero support from HR.

A highly unpleasant experience and one I would not wish on anyone.
I loved my job yet it was short at the clearance store at weatherby West Yorkshire got made redundant as stored closed..couldnt find me another position in york
Best place I have worked, management are great. The job is perfect and the staff are friendly, the site is easy to find and an all round good company to work for.
Too many targets to achieve and threats to your continued employment if not met. Enjoyable part was helping people finding what they liked within their budget.
Targets were not always based on what was achievable on that particular year and footflow into the store. When things were not going so well it was sales

Persons fault not circumstances even if you proved your ability in years previously. Why would you not want to do your very best when your wages depended on it !
Stay well clear, the hours are long which you never get back! The staff are clueless and just argue all the time. There is no training whatsoever and the management change more than the weather does!
Reasonable company but work loads stress loads and a pay structure that makes it impossible for everyone to make a decent living not just some staff
I left this company for personal reasons beyond my control
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harveys Furniture?
Absolutely no regard for drivers hours or health of employees.
Bad management and excuses not solutions if customers are not happy .

Do not work here
iv learned a lot of new skill within this role, coming to work is joy and the management are great. iv learned how to manage a team and provide better customer service.
Possibly one of the worst places I’ve worked for. Your colleagues are amazing. The management however attempt to bully you into overtime. They also have a disciplinary procedure that is unfair and needs re-evaluating. Management and HR don’t take into consideration mitigating circumstances and still penalise you for things that are out of your control. There are no real incentives and no bonus. They do expect you to work your butts off . You don’t get recognition and rarely get any opportunities to progress Be careful.
When you start they give you a small retainer to compensate the lack of commission you will receive but then this ends and the salary is equivalent to around 10,000. They dress this up with the commission structure but when you break it down that is the actual basic.

The management run the building like boys club and if your not in, your not in and i recommend you get looking elsewhere asap.
The amount of times I had to complain to management about inappropriate comments/behaviour from other members of staff was uncalled for. The higher up management team (area managers) was horrendous, if you were sick they’d basically tell you that you’re working the next day without even asking what was wrong. You had to hit a £500 minimum to even see any of your bonus (which when you just start out is pretty much impossible
Working for harveys was good but very competative with the sales. I found them very difficult to work with as they did'nt provide me with enough training.
The commission that you can earn at harveys or bensons for beds is good if you are willing to wait up to 12 weeks for it. If you are willing to wait for it I'm sure you'll love the £500 commission gate that you are given each month e.g. If you earn £550 commission one month the company will take the £500 from you and leave you with the £50, while only giving you a salary of about £16k - £17k.
Have to build and move heavy furniture.
Basic wage and possible commission.

Store managers great

No support from Regional manager

Lots of unhappy customer due to late orders
Worked in head office but spent a lot of time in the stores. This is by far the least ethical employer I have ever had the displeasure to work for. Retail staff are treated appallingly, with lack of support from HR who leave people at the mercy of cut throat regional managers whose little power has made them lose all sense of reality. Long hours, poor pay for staff, no work life balance as all weekends and evenings have to be covered in stores with no consideration for life outside of work. Constant pushing to meet unrealistic targets from the head office, uninspired marketing campaigns. This business is broken. Avoid.
Pros
Company car
Cons
run by bullies
I enjoyed working at harvey’s for my christmas temp job, the permanent staff were all lovely, and treated us as apart of the family and were considerate on how at the time I was inexperienced with the role and helped me to complete any tasks I difficult.
Pros
Got to go home early when store was busy
Cons
the day can drag
This company’s won’t survive longer. Right hand don’t know what is left hand doing. Won’t recommend anyone. Service issues. Don’t care for staff. Commission structure is totally failure. High authority on attractive package. Staff in store generate business but won’t get paid accordingly. After sales service there is no service. Overall system collapse totally failure. Won’t recommend anyone.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harveys Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8