Play YouTube video button
Harvey Nichols

Harvey Nichols Employee Reviews

United Kingdom159 reviews
Featured review
Harvey Nichols selected this as a representative review
Good people to work with, great conditions in site, staff room, lockers, fridges, great cocktails and environment.

Sometimes working for 10hr straight with no break. Working in the bar but you still serve tables.
If you're different, they won't like it.
The stock is expensive, so they have an intrusive security team who monitor staff, customers in person & via CCTV. They don't need evidence to fire you, just suspicions. They have a 2m x 2m cell in the basement for people they suspect to be criminal.
Not nice specifically the beauty section is awful to work in, very unwelcome atmosphere, wouldnt reccomend to anyone to work here, the pay is also veryyy awful
It was a 3 months contract sale assistant job role, and it was a special experience to work in one of the most luxurious shopping center in London. Working in HV was mostly relaxing and easy, the manager and staffs were all very friendly and nice.
If you work hard you are rewarded, excellent prospects.
Discount great and excellent discount for uniforms.

Lots of charity involvement to get involved with.
Let me save you... this place management is awful, they dont help staff at all and expect you to work like a dog and they just stand and talk about everyone, just an uncomfortable environment where staff walk and look at you like their shxt don’t stink. The place is dead all you see all the time is the same bixchy staff hardly see much customers(unless Christmas period maybe) They just hire and fire when they don’t need you no more. Place is ‘5star’ but really it’s full of lost souls lol. You will meet the odd nice staff but overall it’s so overwhelming and drama and gossip (including management... they’re like kids) and with all this and more the pays not worth it. Since I left felt so happy and would never return to that toxic environment
i liked working at harvey Nicholas very much and was sad that i was made redundant i enjoyed m,y time there very much and would like the chance to put my skills and experience i got from there to use
I was very happy to have been given the opportunity to work with HN. It gave me all the experience that I hoped for after having done my post graduate in fashion buying.
The most draining and boring job. There is literally nothing to do. But get told off when you’re doing nothing or talking to another colleague. When it’s ridiculously dead and boring, how can you expect people to stand for 9 hours and not speak to a solid. There was never a uniform policy then all of a sudden after 3 months they said all of us girls were dressing too casual. Provide uniform then. Overall super clicky, gave me server depression. I cried most days after work. You feel bullied and management bring you down, instead of being positive. Feel like you’re treading on eggshells. All the management do is gossip and walk around on their phones
Pros
Discount, some great people that work there. Met some really lovely people.
Cons
Boring, awful environment to work in. Management are the worst and treat you like an outcast
This was a seasonal job which provided me with good experience within high end retail. The staff were very nice and made me feel welcomed quickly however the training for the job was very brief.
Pros
Good pay, nice staff
Cons
Little training
I worked on the Style concierge department meaning I dealt with online orders as well as one on one appointments with clients. The staff I worked with were very friendly as were all members within the store. The job is fast paced with something to do every minute but also enjoyable.
Workplace is very fun and light-hearted and very customer focused. Slightly cliquey across the floor and very hard to progress due to small amount opportunities. The pay is nowhere near enough however!
Colleagues are kind, fun and very intelligent.
Management are supportive.

Jobs at HV are meaningful and purposeful - every job plays a part in influencing the world to be a better place.

Opportunities to innovate and to make things better.

Opportunities to grow and progress.

Show
I use to work with Al tayer group Harvey nichols company and till now it s the best experience i have and i will really be glad to join you again.
I had alot of trainings within my working years

I use to do my daily target always

I respect the way they treat their staff
Only spent a brief time here as I was a Christmas temp, the environment was bubbly so many different characters such a strong passion for the finer things in life, Salary was good benefits and perks came to, some of the independent makeup artists can be on the rather rude side but most are lively and kind. Brilliant place to work if you live the luxury lifestyle!
Absolutely love it here. Everyone’s lovely. My concession manager is very accommodating. Very professional but calm environment. Would definitely recommend. Wish the discount was a little high yet though.
Pros
Balanced life. 30% discount.
Cons
None as of yet
After 6 months of probation, we have the travel card up to zone 6. The condition of work is great but very low management skills. The food from the canteen is not always fresh.
Worst most healthiest environment to work in, management are very clicky especially the ops and security manager if you can call him that. They single you out if you dont fit the bill communication is terrible and are very clicky. Very racist have been
I enjoyed speaking to customers as they came in.
On a busy day it could be extremely busy.

I learned how to deal with customers

management were good
Fast-paced job. Must have a high level of customer service skills in order to please those that you may be serving. Staff perks are a plus however, not much training provided.