Harvey Nichols Employee Reviews

great
HEAD WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge10 September 2018
l employees joining Riverside benefit from a comprehensive induction programme. We continue colleague’s development with a personal development programmes using formal and informal learning opportunities. You look after our customers, we look after you. Employees can benefit from our employee wellbeing programme, workplace trust and equality and diversity groups. All employees are automatically enrolled into a workplace pension scheme.
Unless you go to work in a GUCCI t shirt and Balenciaga shoes every day you are isolated.
Makeup counter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside16 August 2018
Working here suprised me. It surprised me because they reinforce originality and being who you are when the whole time you dont fit in unless your rude and dismissive toward other staff and gossip behind their back. Management like who they like ,usually pretty and a bad attitude stood on their phone? They will watch you like a hawk if they don't like you i have seen it happen. I used to get asked how long my colleague had been to the toilet and how many times ,all staff would be asked about this one girl who also had an illness of some sort. At the end of tge day these people will never accept you unless you can provide them with something, sad really. Everyone is in groups on those makeup counters on their phones laughing with only one or two people stood willing to help,ive been there but i guess thats why my sales were better. Not a nice place to work unless you like this type of hostile environment. It is also ridiculous that for that many employees there are two staff cubicles for the toilet and the smallest staff room. On many occasions i had to sit behind a fire door orr in the corridor or even on a bench in the rain outside to eat. If there were any seats available you would rudely be told **** is sitting here shes coming up now,so again the place is ran like a episode of mean girls which needs to change.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lack of trust in employees, and senior management, overly friendly to their friends, who work in the same role you do.
worst job ever taken
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol9 June 2018
bad hours , low pay and expect the earth from you. very bad senior management and treat you like slaves. worst employer i have ever worked with, only stayed 3 months and moved on
Pros
Cons
eveythings
Former employee
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 May 2018
Harvey Nichols is a great place to work people and staff are great
Only down side is the security manager who treats staff poorly doesn’t listen to advice and works by his own rules and ruins staff moral
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Security management
interesting
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge11 May 2018
The customers were either very wealthy or tourists who had heard of the famous store. I also assisted a number of famous celebrities with all sorts of queries.
Pros
environment
Cons
on your feet all day
This place has let itself down in recent years
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 April 2018
Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh used to be amazing. Sadly it’s nothing conspired to what it was. Customers are leaving to shop else where. Managers are patronising and generally weak. A regular customer who has spend thousands in this shop recently parted company because a manager refused to issue a refund on a faulty product...totally pointless and there have no doubt been others.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Place is failing
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 March 2018
Whilst working at Harvey Nichols, we would start the day off with a team brief, followed by cleaning our concessions and making sure everything on our concession was stocked up (in my case, sunglasses). Throughout the day my jobs included replenishment on my department if any stock was sold, assisting customers with Christmas gifts and also personal shopping.
Breaks were 1 hour long and security was excellent.
Great place to work with good benefits. Not a lot of scope for progression
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
Worked in Harvey Nichols Knightsbridge in various roles for 2 years. Fun place to work in with a huge range of clientele but not much scope for progression.
very fun
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 November 2017
during my time at harvey nichols i had a very fun time there. the managers were excellent and the commission scheme me was superb, with a lot of opportunities for progression.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London17 November 2017
ok to work for but life balance and social life wasnt very good as management was quite poor. Hardest part of the job is knowing what to do as the commincation between staff and management wasnt very good
Pros
friendly staff
Good workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh12 November 2017
Company provides contracted hours and good income. Learned more about food and wines in depth.
Managed well at most part. Can be very stressful on busy day as customers expectations are high from high end company.
Pros
Contracted hours.
Cons
Difficult to progress professionally.
bad place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 October 2017
this place is only good to start your career in luxury that it
if you really like to work this is one of the worst place
the manager are incompetent and absentee
Pros
to start in luxury
Cons
everythyng
Advising clients on make up products and how to apply them.
SALES & CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  london1 October 2017
Hour lunch break which was good, normally a 7 hour day. Good management. Very professional. Friendly staff. I love meeting new people so I enjoyed speaking to clients.
Fun place to work
Private shopping consultant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London23 September 2017
Sadly no strong management teams and you're just left to it. No scheduled reviews or appraisals which was a shame but the people I met and had the opportunity to work with were fantastic
progerssion
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  London20 September 2017
very limited progression and most of the management are not as competent as they should be for a such a established brand and of course that does not include all the management staff.
Good team members
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London18 September 2017
Typical daily tasks includes; organising delivery, keeping up with standards.

-highly sales driven
-product knowledge
-positive and can-do attitude
Pros
good discount
Cons
long hours, late shifts
Productive and Fun Place
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh31 August 2017
Excellent company to work for. Work culture is very high, the company cared and look after their staffs. We were more part of a family culture than employees
Enjoyable working place
Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London27 August 2017
After a lot of thrilling new project with the new CEO, currently HN is experiencing a slow down phase, where the priority is on the stabilisation and maintenance of all what has been delivered in the past 3 years.
Pros
Travel cards
Harvey Nichols
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge London3 July 2017
Harvey Nichols provides great benefits i.e monthly Oyster card.
I learned how to manage a VIP client list and how to deal with different types of customers, including online customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clientele and managing social media/photo shooting.
It was ok
BRAND CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  London26 June 2017
I would make sure the shop floor was tidy and check stocks. Sometimes i would have to rearrange the shop floor.
The management were nice. The hardest part of the job was when customers would come in and i didn't have what they needed, they would get angry and frustrated, however i always gave them an alternative, if they didn't like the alternative i would call the flagship store to see if they had what they were looking for in stock.
Pros
Major discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey Nichols. Our community is ready to answer.