Harvester

Harvester Employee Reviews

United Kingdom450 reviews
Good if you are starting out I was also in charge of running and maintaining the bar to a high standard I really enjoyed working there and I would quite happily work there again
Treated like dirt. Made to feel BELITTLED. Broken equipment never replaced after months and months of requests. No on site safety when working alone especially when secured doors are kept open all night.
If you enjoy being stressed 24/7 then this is your perfect place to work, definitely wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone. I didn’t even manage a year working here.
Pros
Meet some nice people
Cons
Unsocial hours, bad work environment
i would never reccoment working at a harvister, it is a terrible work enviroment. staff are not cared for by management and i was not allowed times off for exams i had comming up.
Honestly the first few weeks were amazing and then it started going down hill from there started being sent to the other harvester as apparently they where short staff which was not the case it was more that they basically thought I was a terrible waitress and I needed training for 3 months I was working at another site which I was not even employed by.
Started working at hawth park again hours where long and terrible break you could never know if you would even get your full hour break as there has been many times I would be called back of break early. Breakfast shift where the worst as I’d come in early as some managers would not set up salad bar for the breakfast I’d punch in at 8 as of when I had started to work and they would change it for the time it says on the rota which is completely not fair.

Managers would make absolutely horrible comments about other staff including myself as I was told I was getting fat and that apparently my home life with my other half was more important to them and for them to take the mock out of it
Poorly managed, shifts constantly changed up to a day before WITHOUT WARNING, pay is nowhere near worth the up to 12 hour shifts where you're not allowed to sit down at all, systems constantly down, hours are a joke either way to many or basically none, the way some staff treat each other is appalling sometimes. Easy job too get but horrible to be in.
I worked as a kitchen assistant for about a year then got promoted to a starter chef about 9 months into the job. When I started work as a kitchen assistant they dont tell you what you need to do in the job when you start (like how to clock in and out or how to take holiday pay etc) you are just thrown in. Majoraty of the people there were great to work with but some people there just made the working enviroment stressful and not fun. When I got the promotion to chef I got told that I would get a payrise which did happen but people who were where I use to work as were getting payed more than me (same age and less experience).
Was a really good business with a string business model. Loved everyone I worked with from exec and ops, to fellow managers and of course the team. Was stressful but looking back now was good times. 👌
Do not work here unless you want absolutely no social life and highly unfair management. Would not recommend to anyone.. please avoid this place as it’s not fun or good or even safe at times.
Working here is hectic to say the least. You aren't just waiting, you're a waiter, doorman, cleaner etc. The hours are, in my case absolutely random. Hours could be 20 a week to 8 in one month, with absolutely random cuts and horrible communication about hours. The pay is low.
Working at harvester was okay, the pay wasnt the best but the job in itself was enjoyable. I like the people who work at harvester, and It is a fun and productive place to work.
Enjoyable place to work I was in control of the day-to-day running of the restaurant and staffing matters ordering and banking cooking And the customer experience of a harvester restaurant
Really nice company to work for,i only left due to the late finnish and travel time after a long shift.would be more then happy to work under the company again
I had to swap stores within a month because of a managers poor management skills. When moved to new store everything started nice and supportive and then you was left to work whilst others chilled and chatted, managers had favourites so if you wasn’t one of the favourites you would be moaned at for everything, waitresses are stingy only have to share their tips one day for the year and that’s Xmas day they all took about £60 each and gave everyone else a fiver!! Use as a place to get another job
Not a good place to work underpay you, treat you not very good, hours are poor and they don't train you properly you have to figure things out yourself.
I love working in the customer industry and I really enjoy the job im in at the moment however there is not enough hours at the moment and require 40 hours a week.
A typical day at work is sometime boring, and long but also fun, the hardest part of the job is that I’m working in a place that I don’t won’t to be, the most enjoyable part of the job is when I cook the food,
no management support, supposed to get rotas 2 weeks in advance, but this can change the day before your shift... expected to work regardless if you've made prior plans
Good restaurant with some amazing people. The menu is easy to deliver.
Really good value for money. Family destination, great for kids. If you work hard and are dedicated you will be successful
I highyl enjoyed working at the harvester. The staff were extremly kind, and helpful throughout the whole time i was there, I learned a lot about the bar, serving customers and team building.
Seems to be only the females get sacked. Don't care about there staff. Unfair dismissal which staff won't fight because the manager and deputy are married.
They only care about the long standing staff and not about the people who are willing to work. No hours given unless you befriend them. I was sacked after mentioning I was on a full time contract but only received under 10 hours for a week