Harvester Employee Review

Worst place I've ever worked
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire15 February 2017
I was told around 15 hours a week as a part time member of staff, instead I was working upwards of 25+ hours per week, this was impossible for me as I am college for 5 days. I bought this up with the general manager 3 times without him listening.

I was told by the assistant manager that no one would like me if I continued the way I did (I was put on a busy section after working there for two weeks) and said that she had been told by several members that I was doing terribly and said if I needed help I should ask for it! I left that day in tears and it wouldn't be the last. Overall absolutely terrible management, general manager only worked mornings and never weekends, I asked to talk to him when I was going to hand my notice in and said he didn't have time, but sat at the bar for two hours after he finished drinking. I was being made to work 9+ hours with no food or break, this is appalling. I feel sorry for the friends I did make that are still working there.
Pros
33% discount and at othe m&b establishments.

Other Harvester Employee Reviews

Easy work and fun
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow16 July 2019
work was not hard, serving customers was simple due to the fast style of service. when its quiet it does get a little boring. when it gets busy then it flows.
Pros
Simple work
Cons
can sometimes work late
Short staffed
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs15 July 2019
Hard work you need to be an athlete to get over hurdles, no one is monitored and just get on with what they like, no training and negative staff. Working witin a team you need a clear head not hung over or on some other unbalanced wavelength no wonder there's a large turn over of staff over run by amateurs.
Pros
Popularity
Cons
Slave Labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvester. Our community is ready to answer.