Harvester Employee Reviews for Server

Terrible environment so understaffed
Waitress/ FOH (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke9 March 2019
I worked here and ended up ill with my mental health from the stress they put you through. Terrible management who have no idea what they are doing. I didn’t realise this until I went to work in a restaurant elsewhere and saw how much better the management and even just the over all running of the restaurant was! Given too big of a section to deal with with in the first week of starting, expected to know everything within a day or two and given little to no support at all. Overall I would NOT recommend working here if you don’t want to run your self into the ground and end up ill.
Amazing workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rowlands Castle23 February 2019
I loved working here, the environment was the best and the workers were so welcoming. As it was for work experience I wasn’t paid but the hours I worked were still worth it and I enjoyed every second.
Pros
Good breaks, drinks included
Cons
No jobs available
play barn assistant
Play Barn Assistance / Front of House Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middlewich, Cheshire22 January 2019
loved this job, it was one of my first full time jobs once I left college, the hours were amazing and the staff were a great bunch to work with. A very friendly place.
Busy Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Chorley, Lancashire23 December 2018
When I worked here the manager wasn't very pleasant. It was a good job as it was busy and was good at flexible hours to work around college. The hardest part of the job was being busy and understaffed.
Good first job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes15 November 2018
A typical day of work can get busy but you get to meet different types of people and gain more experience and skills. The management is good, however, sometimes different situations could be handled better. The hardest part of the job is making sure you are keeping up with orders when it is busy. And the best thing about the job is you get to know different people and gain experience at the same time.
Pros
Gain good work experience
Cons
Gets busy
horrble place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middlewich9 October 2018
i did not enjoy employment some of the managers were lovely but one made me feel unwelcome and nothing i did was good enough and their expectations were too high
Pros
free drinks
Cons
horrible manager
A prductive and learning job.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, Northampton22 August 2018
I enjoyed working at Harvester for the time I was there, it had fun colleagues and taught me all that things needed to work at the front of the restaurant. Good pay for the hours I could do.
Pros
Discount on food during break, had a worker I knew to work with.
Cons
Far from home, reliant on a lift so if she couldn't go, I couldn't.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Nene Valley16 July 2018
Gives good experience. Gives you time to reach your potential. It’s a very calm, friendly place to work and you have the chance to satisfy customers and make them happy
Pros
33% off
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Star city3 July 2018
Loved working here staff are polite and friendly. Have high standards of work levels. Food is amazing. High level of cleaning and routine of cleaning
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Newport21 April 2018
Never enough hours or shifts avalible and was always a problem to swap a shift or to book days off! Staff were not very friendly or polite as well as management, who were not very organised. Managers daughters had special treatment (being sent home early, food during shifts and extra hours).
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unprofessional
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Swindon12 April 2018
This is a very busy restaurant and there is always something to do, whether that be dealing with customers or providing help in the kitchen. The support and help provided from other staff members is greatly appreciated.
typical day at work
Waiting Staff (Current Employee) –  Warwick8 April 2018
Taking orders and making recommendations to guests.
Serving quality food and a range of drinks.
Maintaining highest standards of cleanliness and safety in the restaurant.
Working with the team on shift to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love.
Over worked under payed
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Derby27 February 2018
Worked here for over 2 years i can honestly say as waitress i was run ragged managent are lazy and don’t want to help the tips aren’t even worth i worked christmas day once and was forced to give away all my tips to the kitchen staff not good place to work no real cons to working for mitchell’s and butlers and your never guaranteed shifts they just call you when they need you you’ll only be contracted to 14 hours and even if you work 12 hours shift you still have to pay for your dinner
Pros
good staff members
Cons
poor management, bad pay, long hours, forced to work christmas day
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea1 February 2018
Very friendly and helps to provide shifts around your family needs you are given full on the job training and your college will help and support you when necessary
Fun and busy workplace, too stressful and bad management at the time
Waitress/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Warwick19 November 2017
Good discount
Hours too long
Good customer relationships
Too unorganiseddd
Pros
Discount
Communication
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bridgend8 November 2017
This job give me the confidence to communicate with people more comfortably and had many good feedbacks. I worked as a team and on my own. Done some cash handling. Enjoyed meeting new people every day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Busy times
Fun Place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Flamstead3 November 2017
Waitressing is perfect as a little earner whilst studying or in between jobs.
Being front of house and speaking to the customers throughout the shift was pleasing and getting to know the regulars was a bonus as they request to have you as their waitress, which in turn proved that you were good at the job.
Pros
Customer focused
Cons
On your feet all day
Fun and hard working workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
A typical day at work consists of meeting the needs of customers and making sure they enjoy their visit to the restaurant, however also working together as a team is very important and the key to success. The hardest part of the job is meeting the needs of all the customers at the same time, to overcome this problem, I make sure I ask if they need anything before they ask me. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and making sure that they have a fantastic time when I am serving them. Another enjoyable part of the job is making friends.
Pros
Discount
busy
Waitress (Current Employee) –  havant14 September 2017
fast pace and busy environment with the customers. friendly environment and a great team. I enjoy this job but it dosent work with my family life as I have a young child
really good to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot11 September 2017
really busy learnt a lot about them and it is a very enjoyable place to work
it was really good to work for they are
the management was really good aswell
the culture is really good
Pros
50 percent off the food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvester. Our community is ready to answer.

Harvester Reviews by Location