Harvester

Harvester Employee Reviews for Server

Server79 reviews
United Kingdom79 reviews
Was good place to work as much as i worked. People i met and worked with for a while were helpful with everything ive asked help for. Easy place to learn the food etc.
Would not recommend. Poorly managed site (Livingston) and terrible food - to the point where I felt bad recommending anything to a guest.

When the food came back with complaints and I asked the manager what was going on I was told “oh yes, the food we use is of low quality” seriously???
Childish management who treat work like social club and let personal preference get in the way. Will refuse to pay past scheduled time but refuse to hurry guests to leave even if it means the staff staying an hour and not being paid for it.
Looking after guests and explaining the whole menu to them.
I learned how to deal with any situation which may arise.

It was a competitive culture as there was always deals for the guests to choose from.

The hardest part of the job was the long weekend shifts.

The most enjoyable part was the free meals.
I definitely wouldn’t recommend working there as they are very fair for people starting out have you doing more work than you are contracted to( unpaid)
They have Good staff
Very Supporting management

Friendly customers

Flexible with the shifts

Good rate of pay

Good share of the tips

Overall recommended
Honestly the first few weeks were amazing and then it started going down hill from there started being sent to the other harvester as apparently they where short staff which was not the case it was more that they basically thought I was a terrible waitress and I needed training for 3 months I was working at another site which I was not even employed by.
Started working at hawth park again hours where long and terrible break you could never know if you would even get your full hour break as there has been many times I would be called back of break early. Breakfast shift where the worst as I’d come in early as some managers would not set up salad bar for the breakfast I’d punch in at 8 as of when I had started to work and they would change it for the time it says on the rota which is completely not fair.

Managers would make absolutely horrible comments about other staff including myself as I was told I was getting fat and that apparently my home life with my other half was more important to them and for them to take the mock out of it
Poorly managed, shifts constantly changed up to a day before WITHOUT WARNING, pay is nowhere near worth the up to 12 hour shifts where you're not allowed to sit down at all, systems constantly down, hours are a joke either way to many or basically none, the way some staff treat each other is appalling sometimes. Easy job too get but horrible to be in.
Not a good place to work underpay you, treat you not very good, hours are poor and they don't train you properly you have to figure things out yourself.
horrible working environment i felt like i was spoken to really rudely by senior members such as the manager and the senior staff defintely played favourtites with certain members of staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harvester?
working here can be stressful at times but the team can be supportive which makes it a little easier. The general manager was lovely and she was very helpful when needed.
I had to quit after a few months of working there as I was extremely bullied by the management, they were disgusting nasty people. The job itself is such hard work as it is crazy busy and massively under staffed. They constantly go through staff like no tomorrow as it is such a TERRIBLE place to work. The restaurant needs to be shut down in my opinion. There are so many complaints from customers, the food is disgusting, the whole place is unbelievably dirty and I knew of many customers even getting food poisoning from the place! I would cry everyday I worked at that place. I remember a few times the manager dropped food that was supposed to be given to a customer and he picked it off the floor and served it to someone. DISGUSTING !!
Nice customers, friendly staff if you avoid the drama. Rota was often unfair with hours e.g. sometimes only having a days notice of the coming week rota, finishing late and starting early next day. Tips could be very good.
Pros
free salad
Cons
unsociable hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was people working at the job and the family feeling there. It is a very fast- paced job, but as long as you're willing to put in the effort it's a very rewarding job.
Not enough hours, tell you you’re lazy when you put to much effort in and then when you look up to people who have been there longer than you don’t copy what they do!
I wouldn’t recommend working here!! General manager and assistant manager are rude and don’t Care about their staffs well being! Aslong as they have their money they don’t care. They Had a nfs inspector come in unannounced and I was made to clear out a cupboard which hadn’t been cleaned in 12 years!! The kitchens just a disaster waiting to happen the foods all left out and mixed between raw an cooked There’s no organisation what so ever we end up doing our own thing as they never put a floor plan out .
.was fun to work hard job but good job .. lovley people to serve and keeps you fit to with the busyness of the job ..... I was there 10 years and had its ups and downs just with normal life so its was ok
Pros
good custermers
Cons
staff not nice
This place is like working in a cattle market. No support from the assistant manager and GM at all. They show a complete lack in leadership and cannot organise, motivate or give any inspiration to colleagues. It’s come to a time where these senseless people should be moved on due to their absurd people skills. This was advised to the Area Manager but was overlooked.
Hard work you need to be an athlete to get over hurdles, no one is monitored and just get on with what they like, no training and negative staff. Working witin a team you need a clear head not hung over or on some other unbalanced wavelength no wonder there's a large turn over of staff over run by amateurs.
Pros
Popularity
Cons
Slave Labour
I worked here and ended up ill with my mental health from the stress they put you through. Terrible management who have no idea what they are doing. I didn’t realise this until I went to work in a restaurant elsewhere and saw how much better the management and even just the over all running of the restaurant was! Given too big of a section to deal with with in the first week of starting, expected to know everything within a day or two and given little to no support at all. Overall I would NOT recommend working here if you don’t want to run your self into the ground and end up ill.
Cons
I loved working here, the environment was the best and the workers were so welcoming. As it was for work experience I wasn’t paid but the hours I worked were still worth it and I enjoyed every second.
Pros
Good breaks, drinks included
Cons
No jobs available