Harvester Employee Reviews for Kitchen Assistant

Poor management low pay friendly staff
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent19 June 2019
As for most people, if the staff weren’t your friends this was such an awful job to have however with a good team the days were fun and enjoyable. Management is lazy, deceitful and only adhere to your rights if you know what they are.. the pay is terrible and rarely paid for the hours worked. This is more of a social circle rather than a team if staff and managers; the closer you are to people the better and fairer you’re treated. The hierarchy is broken with those who receive higher pay thinking they are in-charge and management requesting ridiculous things.
Pros
Social circle within work
Cons
Almost everything
Don’t work here
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidstone28 April 2019
The managers are useless, if you’re ill you’re most likely to lose your job. Everyone thinks they’re above you because they earn an extra £1 an hour. I haven’t been paid correctly since I started here, not worth rolling out of bed for.
Pros
Going home
My time at Harvester Gidea Park
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romford17 March 2019
During my time at Harvester Gidea Park, I learned how to deal with pressure and fast paced atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly colleagues. The workplace culture of Harvester Gidea Park is great and really one of a kind.
Pros
50% discount for emplpoyees on menus
Cons
Not enough staff on weekends
Friendly place to work
Back of house - Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rowlands Castle, Hampshire23 December 2018
Really great company to work for. Management and co-workers are very friendly and always willing to help. Full training was provided and everyone was very patient. Jobs could sometimes get very repetitive but management were willing to change it up if you ever complained.
Pros
Friendly management, discounts when eating out at any of their pubs.
Cons
No free lunches
Productive but unorganized
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire6 November 2018
I learn how to work quick. The management slightly ok. Hardest job was to do orders and busy hours deliveries. Learned how to make sure food correctly and many other techniques.
Good Place
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braehead, Glasgow25 October 2018
fun place to work, management is good, wage is good, kitchen is narrow though so it heats up pretty quick. we get poor quality cuts of meat from the food delivery
Hardworking and a fun workplace
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales27 June 2018
You always do something different everyday and not the same job and you will learn about the checking of food temperature's and to know how to make dessert. The Management is really good you can ask them anything, the hardest part is that its a quick environment and you have to be on your feet all of the time and its long and irregular hours. The enjoyable part is that you get to learn new skills.
Pros
Discount off food and drink
Cons
Long, Irregular hours and quick Environment
Strict
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochdale22 January 2018
Moral was always high however social and life outside of work was never took into consideration and fair treatment weren’t always portrayed. They was a clear seperation between the levels off ‘power’ and ‘responsibility ‘ and those lower of the hierarchy in the work place weren’t treated as well.
Pros
Moral high, half price on food.
Cons
No free lunches, short breaks
very hard work for very little reward
KITCHEN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon9 January 2018
long working hours during summer, very little, if any notice given if shift changes. extremely high staff turnover due to high pace/ low wage work. no incentive to advance career as low level management salary is very low but general manager salary is very high
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours, unfair shift allocation, poor management
ok
grill chef/kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk21 July 2017
good people to work with, if you enjoy working at a fast pace and under pressure it is very rewarding and if you dont have fixed commitments it will suit you as shifts can change from week to week.
Harvester
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Didcot26 September 2016
Underpaid - when they actually paid me. 14 hour days, sometimes without a break. The people there were the only reason I liked this job. I wouldnt ever work here again.
Harvester
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlewich15 September 2016
Repetitive days.. always the same tasks day in and out. No breaks when on a 8-9 hour shift.. quite boring place to work. Wouldn't recommend for a job

only good point is that the wage wasn't the worst and hours were always there..
sweaty
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loughborough27 August 2016
The hardest part of the job was receiving eczema all up my arms. A typical day at work was sweaty and long. However the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff were welcoming and friendly.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor place to work wasnt managed well.
Kitchen Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, ENG6 January 2016
i was doing a number of roles at the harvester waiting on tables collecting glasses and cleaning tables after customers.
Productive and fun
Kitchen assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunderland15 August 2015
A normal day to day work life was hard work but still fun i am always kept busy. I always ended the day on a happy note. My team always helped each other out.
Satisfying
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove1 August 2015
Working at the harvester wasn't great but it wasn't shocking. I learned many life skills such as how to meet and greet customers. I got on very well with the managers and co workers.
average
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rowlands Castle, ENG20 July 2015
long stressful and hard work when very busy, OK to an extent when not so busy. most enjoyable part of job is meeting new people.
Pros
no pros
Expect to much
Waitress/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  essex13 November 2014
It is an ok company to work for but they don't think a lot for breaks in the company if they could get away with no breaks they would 16 hours straight is a bit too much to ask for
Productive & friendly atmosphere
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, ENG25 August 2014
A typical day at work would include me working with another kitchen assistant. We would collectively do pot washing, keeping on top of the salad bar, helping waiters/waitresses with desserts and chefs with starters, and generally cleaning every area we would be operating in. I learned how to do things faster and more efficiently which helped me and the rest of the staff. My communication skills vastly improved as I had dealings with chefs and waiters and soon became aware of how and when to do things in the appropriate way.
was good time
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh, ENG18 May 2014
was good time did enjoy the company. loved the food. cleaning wasnt to fun but oh well onto the next one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvester. Our community is ready to answer.

Harvester Reviews by Location