Harvester

Harvester Employee Reviews for Bartender

Loved every minute of it, loved how there was.jever a day the same it was always a new challenge on every day.Loved forming friendships with the regular customers too
On the weekends typical day looked the same every weekend , from morning I checked all dates of food to make sure nothing expired including those from fridges. Team was co-operative and it made work a bit easier as everyone worked on the same level no one was left to work harder .
Pros
50% off everything during break
shocking unit to work in, high pressure for poor pay really poorly managed branch at the moment hence why the high turn over of staff, a real lack of care from managers
i would never reccoment working at a harvister, it is a terrible work enviroment. staff are not cared for by management and i was not allowed times off for exams i had comming up.
Do not work here unless you want absolutely no social life and highly unfair management. Would not recommend to anyone.. please avoid this place as it’s not fun or good or even safe at times.
Was a good place to work, learnt alot about myself and the culture around dining. hours where one drawback but thats standard. Team work is absolutely 100% key to work efficiently in an environment like that.
Pros
50% lunches
Cons
Crazy hours
at the Neptune at Boscombe pier, the training was good, its mostly online and demands a lot of your free time. when i worked there. I faced a lot of slanderous comments, paper under the desk behavior about almost everyone. workers are two faced and tables are always sticky no matter how much someone is asked to scrub them. a filthy place to work. if you want to work here you have to learn a lot by yourself, workers are out to save them self and its ranks over moral so expect to do almost everything when you start. i was going through mental issues facing anxiety and was fired for not "having my head in the business" i do however hope it is a lot better there.
Get mucked about with hours, treated poorly, management was terrible. Was told I was after full time, got hired and was on 11 hrs a week. Asked for more hours and they only offered them either an hour in advance or the night before and if you denied it due to such short notice I got the response of "dont ask for hours then" You will get messed around and even when its quiet waitresses and waiters will still expect you to run their drinks when that's their job anyway. And will still have the cheek to ask you even when you are rammed yourself. Terrible work environment.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
The job was not very demanding as I did it part-time as a student. The simple and standard orders did not present me with difficulties. Depending on the location, crowding can present a challenge. The management I was under really made the job go smoothly. You just need to be as flexible as possible to please customers.
The long time staff are great to work with and the "holiday" staff are a nice change. The hours are long but totally worth it for the satisfaction of the job.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Everyone works as part of a team. Its like one big happy family with a lot of support from other team members and management when needed. There is always someone there to help if needed.
Pros
Gets on the job discounts
Cons
Great working environment everyone is very friendly and its was a right laugh, hardest part was learning the menu and remembering where tables were, management was amazing
The managment and collegues were a pleasure to work with and they made the shift manageable and also made it enjoyable. The only negative was the long hours and very limited breaks.
Pros
Discounted meals, enjoyable workforce
Cons
Long hours with limited breaks
No longer do I spend time making happy customers just pressure selling to make happy shareholders. Hours are allocated on sales target performance, don't beat your target and you won't get hours on the next rota.
Pros
Staff
Cons
It's a food factory now.
This job was fun to work in due to how sociable that it was. The management were tough but fair. It involved a lot of cleaning throughout the day but that is to be expected of a barman and would get very busy at times where other front of house staff would be able to support you if you needed it.
An enjoyable experience working with colleagues and the interaction with the customers. I would have preferred full time employment with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting members of the public and their appreciation of the staffs' efforts.
Pros
Lack of full time employment
Cons
Interaction with customers
been working for company for nearly 6 years. due to changes of managers and them bringing new staff, there is very small opportunity of any advancement in the company. the hours are competitive as well and often get cut after peak times of year such as christmas
Pros
33 percent discounts for all Mitchells and butlers brands
Cons
hours always subject to change
I enjoyed everything about working here. great fun, good staff, very well organised!! Everyone here works together and not against each other, its a very nice working environment. would always go back! foods delicious too :D
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
no free meals other than salad bar.
a typical day was was fun, talking to customers, serving customers and taking out plates and washing up glasses. i learned to communicate with customers, how to pull pints properly. management was good but didnt have much time for new employees to learn. the people i worked with were nice, helped me with knowing what to do helped me if i needed to know things. the hardest part of the job was learning everything so quickly. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and the locals having nice conversations with them.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
Like any other food industry related job, my role required a lot of movement and pressure under busy times, i would have to work over my limits in order to satisfy my managers and the customers.
Pros
Free Meals per day.
Cons
Stressful at times and management can be a bit harsh.
Ended up working in the kitchen .. most days where 16 hour days so became very tiring.The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with, most of them where really nice a professional.