Harvester Employee Reviews for Bar Staff

effective business and a fun working environment
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, ENG22 August 2015
working with a great team together effectively to hit our targets, the business is run very professionally and every member of staff comes in with a smile despite the business being busy, when it is busy the whole of the team pull together and get through it in the end.
Pros
discounted staff shift meals
Cons
hours being cut due to overspending
Productive and Exciting place to work
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 August 2015
Harvester is a busy fast paced environment, where you are constantly on the go. I have met some great people and have really enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Discount and Overtime
Cons
On your feet all day
Enjoyable
Bar Staff/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Mitcham Common20 February 2015
A good learning experience which helped me develop my set of skills in customer service which I believe I've excelled in.
Enjoyable Work
Waiter and Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, ENG17 February 2015
As i only worked there for a day of work experience, i don't think it fair that i review them, but i feel it was a great experience and helped me a lot.
Fun but Difficult
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Haywards Heath, ENG24 September 2014
A normal day at work was challenging but interesting as each day I would get to meet and interact with a new person in the bar. I learned great persnolaity skills and improved my speaking and listening skills. The general team and management was good and friendly. The hardest part of the job is the long shifts, up to 14 hours with a small half hour break for that whole shift as well as no lunch being provided. The best part was meeting new people.
Pros
Friendly staff Good management
Cons
Long shifts No overtime No staff lunch Small breaks
Challenging and fun workplace
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG27 August 2014
While being a waitress I learnt many new skills for example, how to read people's body language and adapt myself to any situation, how to take food orders and input them into the computer system, serve drinks and food, working as a team member, how to remain calm and be patient with all guests and team members. I got along really well with most of my co-workers, never had any issues with any of them. I would say the hardest part of the job would be when the pressure is on and the restaurant has suddenly become full and you have a million and one things to do, but must remain calm and treat all guests the same and with a smile. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the guest an enjoyable experience, some guests where absolutely lovely and would enjoy having a conversation with me.
Pros
Discount on food, enjoyable workplace
Cons
If one team member does not pull their weight it effects everyone else
work place
kitchen assistant / bar staff /restraunt host (Former Employee) –  basingstoke29 June 2014
my day at work is diffrent day by day one day i can be working in the kitchen then the next day i can be out front of house

i have gained new skills that i didnt have before for example i didnt know how to use a industral grill

the management was not very good on a scale 1 - 10 i would rate it 1 because we had problems in the bussiness but however it has some improvment

the co- workers was alot of help to me because if i didnt kn how to do something i would go to one of the team and ask then what shall i do next if they could not help i would go to the superviser

the most enjoyable about the job was helping out front of house and the bar
Pros
staff disount
Work Life
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester Park15 June 2014
while working here, i never felt as if my job was secure because of the fact i didn't receive proper training or regular shifts.
i had to learn how to work the tills pretty quickly and find out where everything was quickly as well because the pub could get extremely busy at points.
i always felt like i was rushing and never had time to settle and figure out what i had to do, and did not feel as part of the team.
Pros
Discount, Free drinks
Cons
Log hours, Irregular Shifts
Server / Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Frenchay2 June 2014
Great team to work with , nice company benefits, keeping me on my toes, an enjoyable place to work.
Good
Bar staff, Waitress (Former Employee) –  London4 May 2014
Cant say was my favourite place to work. Did not get alone with management when i first arrived they did not help with introducing me to the company. they just put in and expected me to know what to do.
productive and enjoyable
waitress , bar staff , F.O.H (Former Employee) –  swansea , middlesex23 February 2014
a typical shift would have been an all day shift . go in set up the restaurant, check kitchen availability. then my duties where to take food and drink orders , wait on the tables , clear and re- lay tables , deliver excellent costumer service. we were in charge of our own money belts , and responsible for all cash. then at the end of shift we would clean down the restaurant and re- lay for the morning . then cash up our money belts .
not for me
Bar staff/waiter (Former Employee) –  coleshill, Birmingham29 October 2013
I didn't enjoy this job but got on with it and done the work with a smile on my face. I feel the training given to kitchen staff was not good enough and caused complaints from customers which then came to me as I was dealing with customers face to face.
Always busy.
Bar staff (Current Employee) –  Shoeburyness4 April 2013
I do not get enough hours, but my daily duties would be serving the customers and setting up the bar for the day ahead.
I learned how to run a bar by myself.
The management are hard working but sometimes they do not know what they are doing.
My co-workers are nice but also they can be very rude.
Cons
we don't get anything for free.
enjoyed working here
bar staff (Former Employee) –  laindon hills was known as the crown20 March 2013
a typical day would be pull pints serving the public, tidy tables as required, i learned how to pull a pint and how to keep carm when in a rush, i got on with everyone at work, the hardest part of work was that my college work started to suffer due to the hours i was working, the most enjoyable part of work was meeting new people.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
my college work suffered a little
fun work place always somethimg to be done
bar staff (Former Employee) –  ashford5 September 2012
The hardest part of the job was working on the bar with certain staff members, as they would disappear for long periods of time, leaving me with lots of customers, most of the co-workers were really nice to work with, good attitudes and very friendly. My day would consist of opening the bar, cutting fruit for drinks, serving drinks and taking food orders when needed, at the end of the day you close down by doing the cleaning of my area and re-stocking of the bar. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a laugh with the customers not only does it build customer relations but it puts a smile on everyone's face. My mananger was one of the best people i could work for very hard working and always ready to teach you new things and would stand by his staff 100% if needed.
Pros
free training and courses and discounted meals and drinks
Cons
long hours and rude customers