Harvester Employee Reviews for Bar Staff

work horse
Waitress and Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Benfleet31 October 2018
if you have no life outside of work then this is for you, the tips are great but that's about all. as in every job you make it what it is but you will have to learn to live with out sleep from all the hours you have to do
Awful
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex23 April 2018
Worked at The Hawth Park Inn Crawley for a few months and it was the worst few months of my life. Constantly got messed around with my hours and pay. They do actually owe me money still. Managers are disgusting horrible people that put you down and made more than one member of staff cry at work
Cons
Working there
Terrible
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea2 April 2018
Duty plane to work with lack of management. You’ll be sent home with quiet even if you’ve just arrived to start you shift. And called in to work at a moments notice.
productive
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Tamworth12 February 2018
each day was different, working in a different section and with different people. developing new skills each day and improving on skills. communications is key
Non
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth6 November 2017
Did not enjoy working with in the company hours are long and sometimes shifts get cancelled after an hour of working if it's not busy shift and winter is dead time not a lot of hours or shifts physical and mentally demanding job
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Long hours little pay
fun place to work
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Morden11 October 2017
excellent staff great managers always made working there fun. wonderful atmoshshere great family vibe would most definetly work there again. great management.
Good fun
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Fleet, Hampshire2 October 2017
Great working environment. Lovely people.

Day work can include greeting and seating people. Taking orders and delivering These in a timely manner.

Learn new skills and ability to talk to others
miniplative
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire12 August 2017
- My typical day at work was serving guests and cleaning behind the bar.

- I learned how pour drinks behind the bar.

- I didn't get along with the managers

- The hardest part of my job was the angry guests and sometimes when I had messed up, I would feel a bit embarrassed.

- The most enjoyable part of my job was the conversations I would have with the guests.
Pros
Conversations with guests
Fun Workplace
Waiter/Bar Staff - Part time job (Former Employee) –  Walsall21 June 2017
When I was working with Harvester George Stephenson I enjoyed working with the customers and the work members. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was when the customers was satisfied with the service they received. A normal working day would be you have you're own section because I worked front of house and then you handled that section such as cleaning tables, serving customers, taking orders and handling money.
Pros
Enviroment, Company
Didn't really care about me as an employee
Bar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 April 2017
Used this as an opportunity to build on my people skills. Pay wasn't great and long hours. Didn't feel like they cared about their employees. Wouldn't choose this as a career.
ok
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey27 April 2017
would start by setting the bar up for the day making sure it was ready for service.

i would help out in the restaurant and the kitchen.

Serving customer would be the main role but also closing the bar down at the end of the day
By far the worst place i have worked
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Northampton20 February 2017
All round this company did not care about there staff, there health nothing, harvester was a horrible environment to work in.
Pros
Cons
extremely long hours
Worst place I've ever worked
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire15 February 2017
I was told around 15 hours a week as a part time member of staff, instead I was working upwards of 25+ hours per week, this was impossible for me as I am college for 5 days. I bought this up with the general manager 3 times without him listening.

I was told by the assistant manager that no one would like me if I continued the way I did (I was put on a busy section after working there for two weeks) and said that she had been told by several members that I was doing terribly and said if I needed help I should ask for it! I left that day in tears and it wouldn't be the last. Overall absolutely terrible management, general manager only worked mornings and never weekends, I asked to talk to him when I was going to hand my notice in and said he didn't have time, but sat at the bar for two hours after he finished drinking. I was being made to work 9+ hours with no food or break, this is appalling. I feel sorry for the friends I did make that are still working there.
Pros
33% discount and at othe m&b establishments.
loved it
Waitress - Bar staff (Former Employee) –  Bolton15 January 2017
I loved working here I just felt that I was time to leave as I was in a full time education too.

I would love to work in a restaurant again as I feel I am good with people
horrible boss
waitress/bar staff (Former Employee) –  Three Bridges, West Sussex5 January 2017
moody disrespectful and not a great place to work, the only good thing about three bridges harvester were the customers
Pros
the customers
Cons
disrespectful boss
Very fun to work lively
Bar assistant (Former Employee) –  Benfleet20 October 2016
Everyone works well in a team, and help each other when needed. health and safety was standard and gained a good bar assistant experience.
A good working environment
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke22 May 2016
Staff were friendly and happy to help me learn a new trade. Management was very helpful and ran the business very efficiently.
Pros
Half price lunch
fun workplace
Salad bar staff (Former Employee) –  Bursledon19 April 2016
you work your hours and they must ask you if you at to do more and you have fun with your co-work in work and outside work to. you can ask for day off or holydays if you wet.
Hard but varied work
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Reading21 March 2016
Varied work lots of nice staff and always given new challenges to complete. I was always able to get extra hours if I wanted them
effective business and a fun working environment
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, ENG22 August 2015
working with a great team together effectively to hit our targets, the business is run very professionally and every member of staff comes in with a smile despite the business being busy, when it is busy the whole of the team pull together and get through it in the end.
Pros
discounted staff shift meals
Cons
hours being cut due to overspending

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvester. Our community is ready to answer.