Harvester Employee Reviews in Eastbourne

The nastiest disgusting management and place to work
Front of house waitress (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex2 October 2019
I had to quit after a few months of working there as I was extremely bullied by the management, they were disgusting nasty people. The job itself is such hard work as it is crazy busy and massively under staffed. They constantly go through staff like no tomorrow as it is such a TERRIBLE place to work. The restaurant needs to be shut down in my opinion. There are so many complaints from customers, the food is disgusting, the whole place is unbelievably dirty and I knew of many customers even getting food poisoning from the place! I would cry everyday I worked at that place. I remember a few times the manager dropped food that was supposed to be given to a customer and he picked it off the floor and served it to someone. DISGUSTING !!
Disgusting dirty place to work!!!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne31 August 2019
I wouldn’t recommend working here!! General manager and assistant manager are rude and don’t Care about their staffs well being! Aslong as they have their money they don’t care. They Had a nfs inspector come in unannounced and I was made to clear out a cupboard which hadn’t been cleaned in 12 years!! The kitchens just a disaster waiting to happen the foods all left out and mixed between raw an cooked There’s no organisation what so ever we end up doing our own thing as they never put a floor plan out .
no chance of progress
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne3 May 2018
got employed as 'bar staff' then stuck on the pot wash for the whole time i worked there, empty promises of moving to the bar once new staff was hired then shortly after hired new bar staff. i lost two stone working there through stress and for a 18 year old male at the time to weigh 9 stone isnt healthy
Pros
nothing
Cons
working in a hot sweaty kitchen, being spoken to like dirt and having to purchase your own drinks to stay hydrated.
The team make it ok.
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne20 November 2017
The management is not the best. I would say that the environment is not a supportive one. The team are what makes work ok. If the team were not so supportive it would make day to day work a lot harder.
Fun work place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex22 September 2017
I had fun working there but the hours was to long as i didn't have enough time to spend with family and friends.the staff that i worked with are fun. As i was doing nine hours a night in only had half an hour break and that wasn't enough for me
Pros
I enjoyed the fun atmosphere
Cons
Hardly any time with family
Fun workplace
Busser (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex19 February 2017
My days at work was simple you go in clean tables deal with customers and take the food to the customers that's was my works days. I have learned work as part of a team. The management was good they told you what was right and wrong to do .the hardest part of e job was trying to catch up with the cleaning after the customers left.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long houre
Productiv and hard working
Salad Chef (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex31 December 2016
I can tell that I have good social skills. I work quick and smart. I speak English and Polish fluent. I looking for new experience.
Pros
Free salad
Cons
Long shift
Busser (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, ENG28 April 2015
I learnt alot about the day to day runnings on a kitchen and alot of people skills. Co - workers were very friendly and easy to get along with.
managment are usless and rude
Chef (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne2 September 2013
a typical day at work would be your are doing what you need to be doing then 3 different managers would come round and tell you to be doing something different then moan when your previous jobs were not done, the hours in the kitchen are good but they do not put your personal life into the equation. They under pay you, The mangers are rude to you even if you have done nothing wrong, and even your co-workers are rude and rumors get spread. the Sovereign harbour one is not a good place to work. You have to pay for your lunch, you dont get paid for you breaks and because legally you have to have a 20 min break ever three hours, the Harvester will deduct your pay for breaks even if you have not had one.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
ridiculous hours, under paid and rude managment